Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
From last seasons roster, the Chargers now don't have their top 2 wr, best te and rb. What's their plan?

The Patriots should have been in on that Keenan Allen deal. For a team in their position, they are kind of having a bad start to one of the most important off-seasons in franchise history. No impact players added and while bringing back the guys already on the roster is nice. Adding a pass catching back and some depth to a 4-13 roster isn't going to get anyone excited.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
keenan allen seemed like a no brainer i have no idea what they are trying to do

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Two issues with the Patriots trading for Allen...

1. He's not really an X receiver.
2. He's only got one year left on his contract, and the Patriots seem pretty intent on sitting their rookie QB for a good part of his rookie season.
He's far better than what they have at any position. Weren't they going to weaponize the offense?

Reactions: bbfan419

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
What sense does it make to give up draft capital for a 32-year old WR with one year left on his deal?

Why give up a 4th round pick so that Jacoby Brissett has a target to throw to in the midst of a 6-11 season?
Oh I’m sorry I thought maybe the new coach and brass would actually want to win and establish something? A 4th, really? They should just say they are tanking and not go the Red Sox route of overpromising and under delivering. What’s the point of even having Brissett start then?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What a SHOCK

Bert Breer says the Patriots due to QB status, team talent, weather, millionaire & state tax AREN’T ‘presently’ a destination with WR

Foxboro > Nashville and/or Chicago

As a Pats fan I’m offended we are not loved

What about our schools and friendly people

What sense does it make to give up draft capital for a 32-year old WR with one year left on his deal?

Why give up a 4th round pick so that Jacoby Brissett has a target to throw to in the midst of a 6-11 season?
Yeh exactly

Take 2-3 years to retool offense

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you google the meaning of putting cart before horse you get drafting MHJ at 3 with the QB they have now

Reactions: CDJ

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Oh I’m sorry I thought maybe the new coach and brass would actually want to win and establish something? A 4th, really? They should just say they are tanking and not go the Red Sox route of overpromising and under delivering. What’s the point of even having Brissett start then?
If you think this is a multi-season rebuild, what do you gain by trading a 4th round pick for someone who clearly won't be a part of the long-term future of the team?

There are certainly receivers out there that I would trade a 4th round pick for. (In fact... a couple of them have already been traded this off-season for less than a 4th.)

32-year old Keenan Allen on an expiring deal with a $22 million cap hit isn't one of them.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If you google the meaning of putting cart before horse you get drafting MHJ at 3 with the QB they have now
Like buying a Lamborghini in Massachusetts without a garage to put it in or a drivers license

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The idea of adding Keenan Allen is better than actually adding him. Good player but old and overpaid. Plus he's always hurt. Always. Hasn't played a full season in 5 years, and isn't getting younger. What could possibly go wrong?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Like buying a Lamborghini in Massachusetts without a garage to put it in or a drivers license
or driving it around north end and parking on street (sorry Brad)

If I’m an athlete give me a leased Dodge Ram with tinted windows and a fish decal and Merica flag decal on the back windows and I’m ready to do damage

The idea of adding Keenan Allen is better than actually adding him. Good player but old and overpaid. Plus he's always hurt. Always. Hasn't played a full season in 5 years, and isn't getting younger. What could possibly go wrong?
I am taking my Keenan Allen wall sized fat head in my living room down after I get back from my Friday McDonald’s morning coffee group - complaining about everything- if it’s true he rejected the Patriots

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah Gator Mike convinced me. If Brissett is playing the majority of the year while a rookie sits there is no point in giving up draft picks to bring in an old receiver on a 1year deal

Reactions: sarge88 and LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah Gator Mike convinced me. If Brissett is playing the majority of the year while a rookie sits there is no point in giving up draft picks to bring in an old receiver on a 1year deal
D should be good to very good

Offense needs at least two years to get majority in place

Couple drafts and a QB a necessity

Go 4-7 wins but be competitive and finish strong add two more pieces next off season (OL & WR) rounds 1&2

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
or driving it around north end and parking on street (sorry Brad)

If I’m an athlete give me a leased Dodge Ram with tinted windows and a fish decal and Merica flag decal on the back windows and I’m ready to do damage

I am taking my Keenan Allen wall sized fat head in my living room down after I get back from my Friday McDonald’s morning coffee group - complaining about everything- if it’s true he rejected the Patriots
I like Allen and he’s always productive when he plays, but paying a 32 year old WR $22 mill for 1 year during a rebuild with a run first quarterback is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad