Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If you think this is a multi-season rebuild, what do you gain by trading a 4th round pick for someone who clearly won't be a part of the long-term future of the team?

There are certainly receivers out there that I would trade a 4th round pick for. (In fact... a couple of them have already been traded this off-season for less than a 4th.)

32-year old Keenan Allen on an expiring deal with a $22 million cap hit isn't one of them.
100% agree. This Pats team isn't a couple of players away from making the playoffs. This is full rebuild mode, and you don't rebuild by dumping 4th round picks in order to rent aging WRs for a year or two.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Justin Jefferson could be traded to the jets for a 6th rounder and some here would defend the pats and say they didn't need him because he's not part of their 4 year plan.
The plan is already stupid if they aren't going to use their rookie QB year 1 IMO

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Justin Jefferson could be traded to the jets for a 6th rounder and some here would defend the pats and say they didn't need him because he's not part of their 4 year plan.
For what it's worth... the Patriots should have pulled the trigger on either Jerry Jeudy or Diontae Johnson, regardless of fit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Have to think this is the Vikings trying to add draft capital to move up for a quarterback.

Vikings want QB

11, 23, next year first

Let’s go !!!!!!

For what it's worth... the Patriots should have pulled the trigger on either Jerry Jeudy or Diontae Johnson, regardless of fit.
I get Curtis Samuel

Under underrated & cheap by todays standards and can lineup everywhere

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
how much do you trust AB?

eh, not sure I buy the trying to trade the pick part. If they decided or the players forced them to stick with Fields, why wouldn't they just use #1 on MHJ and call it a day? If they are keeping Fields, the lack of weapons on offense is a glaring need.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
eh, not sure I buy the trying to trade the pick part. If they decided or the players forced them to stick with Fields, why wouldn't they just use #1 on MHJ and call it a day? If they are keeping Fields, the lack of weapons on offense is a glaring need.
Lack of weapons?

WR: DJ Moore
WR: Keenan Allen
RB: Swift
TE: Kmet

That's pretty damn good.

Sure there's questions at WR after this year, but they certainly don't have a lack of weapons.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Fields-9-11-23 plus?, draft coup for Chicago. Chicago never announed they would trade Fields but everyone else did it for them. Caleb Williams the cold windy-city superstar, not yet.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Who is the 4th QB? Is someone really using a top 6 pick on JJ McCarthy?
From a Giants reporter in New York.

The main position to watch here is quarterback, specifically Michigan’s J.J. McCarthy. The buzz is there that he’s the player the Giants want. League sources spoke highly of McCarthy when polled by SNY. One high-ranking executive said he’ll be a "better pro than college player." Another general manager said he has everything teams look for — size, athleticism, arm strength, accuracy, played in a pro-style offense. He added "he’s also very coachable."

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Mac will go down in history as a big disappointment here. But he wasn't Tommy Hodson-bad or Scott Secules-bad. Still, I'm happy to move on from that era, as I'm sure he's happy to leave as well. He and the Patriots are just posting their perfunctory thank you letters on social media out of etiquette.

Reactions: DKH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Vikings want QB

11, 23, next year first

Let’s go !!!!!!

I get Curtis Samuel

Under underrated & cheap by todays standards and can lineup everywhere
I would be all over your proposal if I was NE. That extra first rounder in 2025 would be huge for us.
Realistically, I see 11 / 23 and a second or third next year.
Odunze or Thomas will be there at 11 and grab Penix at 23.
OT on Day 2.
Giddy up

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad