Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This isn't even remotely f***ing true. EVERYONE was saying he's a #2 on this forum. Go look. They didn't delete the posts. f***ing hate this shit. The debate was whether he'd still be worth signing.
If the Patriots didn't have a cheap ass owner I think he'd be worthy of the overpayment given how bleak the position is for the team.

Reactions: EverettMike

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Like I said in the Sox thread, I do not get why people get so caught up in agent spin. But it’s more fun to say “interest kings!” than do any sort of critical thinking.
How exactly do you, an anonymous HFboards poster, know that it's agent spin? I don't get why people should believe you over people who cover the game and report on these things.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If the Patriots didn't have a cheap ass owner I think he'd be worthy of the overpayment given how bleak the position is for the team.

Was the payday really the issue? There was $1m between NE and Ten’s offers. More tax related than actual dollars offered, I’d imagine.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
i like how A-Aron was viewed as some high genius and was probably going to become the host of Jeopardy after he retired, but has now spent the last 3 years showing how big of a moron he is
And despite it all, signing with the New York Jets is still the most low-IQ thing he's done.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ and dabid

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I thought that Sports Sunday episode last summer was hilarious when Felger started it out by basically saying he could curse because it was late and he started the show out by saying Aaron Rodgers an asshole. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I liked Tyler Boyd when he was the #3 option behind Chase and Higgins. I don't think he'd be a good fit for the Patriots.
Williams would work better for us, we need a 6'4 215 lbs receiver that can play on the outside. Can he stay healthy? If we can get him for a discounted price , I would take a chance on him.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i don't watch college football so forgive me but is there a steep drop off between maye and mccarthy like people originally thought? if not, and you get a dumb team like the vikings is it worth trading down and taking mccarthy? because if they were actually going to give calvin ridley $22m who says they won't pay JJ $32m? if the vikings are dumb enough to make the trade i suppose.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
i don't watch college football so forgive me but is there a steep drop off between maye and mccarthy like people originally thought? if not, and you get a dumb team like the vikings is it worth trading down and taking mccarthy? because if they were actually going to give calvin ridley $22m who says they won't pay JJ $32m? if the vikings are dumb enough to make the trade i suppose.

McCarthy is a worse Mac Jones.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
McCarthy with Jones skill players in college would have been far superior. He's a good prospect, I don't think top 10 worthy, and a big difference between he and the other 3.

He may have matched Jones but not surpassed him. Jones had 4500 yds and 41 TD to McCarthy's 2900 yds and 22 TD.

McCarthy is what he is, which is what Jones turned out to be. A game manager who wasnt on any draft radars until they were behind center for a national championship.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would like them to sign Donovan Peoples-Jones, Brissett and him had good chemistry in Cleveland. Over 800 yards in 2022, only 25 YO

Reactions: GatorMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad