2023 Traverse City Tournament

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Random early impressions, not to be taken too seriously:

Jiricek not looking NHL-ready, skating still needs refinement. Svozil has to be quicker. Mateychuk's been very engaged, a couple sloppy passes but skating and stickhandling looks sharper. Good to see considering how much weight he's put on. Peddle's hockey sense hasn't impressed me.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Random early impressions, not to be taken too seriously:

Jiricek not looking NHL-ready, skating still needs refinement. Svozil has to be quicker. Mateychuk's been very engaged, a couple sloppy passes but skating and stickhandling looks sharper. Good to see considering how much weight he's put on. Peddle's hockey sense hasn't impressed me.

Yes - I'd say I'm very encouraged that Mateychuk looks quicker (and strong). I don't think he's playing well today (about 50/50 on passes) but I already know he isn't a bad passer, and the quickness improvements are more telling.

Reactions: tunnelvision

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
4-2 Jiricek with a shot up close after dangling two defenders instead of a clapper from the blue line, nice to see. Very nice moves offensively. I was again kinda down on him today after the first period and his mishaps but there's no denying he's got a lot of skill.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
4-3 Dumais after a rebound after some extremely nice passing on 5-on-5 offensive zone domination. (Edit: Oh I guess it was a PP, just not displayed on the screen. Explains a lot lol.) Dumais a big part of that to begin with.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
4-4 Malatesta power play goal in-between the circles on a one-timer. Dumais with the assist and Voronkov with the screen. Very much been CBJ's period.

4-5 Dumais lol, Voronkov takes a hit and goes down on the blue line and Dumais streaks in, steals the puck, and puts it over Cossa. Dumais is having himself a game here.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It’s a CBJ onslaught of goals. Malatesta scored to tie it. Now dumais picks up the change on a great finish after Voronkov got blown up. 5-4 CBJ

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
6-4 CBJ Malatesta after having a MONSTER shift. I was just writing that Malatesta has had some good moments in this game. He had a good backcheck skate just before the goal to diffuse a dangerous situation, then a give-and-go with somebody, and finally another give-and-go to score. Monster shift by him.

Reactions: majormajor

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The funniest part of all this is the combined broadcast. Got 2 sides wanting to homer for their guys and its real quiet other than Dylan here now

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
7-4 CBJ Peddle with a one-timer from the circle, not sure who made the pass but a very nice connection. We've got offense, it's official.

And it also seems like we score everytime I try to go and reply in the Babcock thread, must've been happening since the 4-2 goal. Maybe it's a sign I should leave it alone. :D

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
8-4 CBJ Fantilli with a far side snipe on the powerplay. Pretty innocent looking

Voronkov had a nice between the legs pass earlier, connected but nothing came of it.

8-5 Detroit comes one closer after a scramble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad