2023 Traverse City Tournament

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Assuming Euros, Russians and college kids won't be present...

Red Wings might have a decent center group there with Mazur, Kasper, Danielson and Lombardi. I don't think they will give up a ton of goals if the top-4 defense in front of Cossa is:

Edvinsson - Tuomisto
Wallinder - Gibson

Would be a great test for Jackets forwards.

Stars should bring a quality offense as well. Stankoven, Bourque, Arcuri, Seminoff, McDonald etc. mixed with good AHL players. On the backend they might have Kyrou, Bertucci....and Bichsel! Haven't seen him play since last WJC where he had a pretty strong showing.

Leafs seems to lack high-end prospects so their team is probably mostly consisting of experienced AHLers. I guess Knies won't come because he's played in NHL playoffs? Personally, Ty Voit is the most exciting name in their prospect pool.

Jackets' best possible lineup could be:

Voronkov - Fantilli - Dumais
Malatesta - DBB - Pinelli
Pyyhtia - McKown - Butler
Peddle - Angle - Rysavy

Svozil - Jiricek
Mateychuk - Ceulemans
OJBH - Knazko

Greaves
Lalonde
Cajan

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Does a guy like Jiricek still play in these things aftr a wole year in the A?
I am not sure. Some players do despite that. I was told in another thread that all of our top guns will be there anyway so I tried to form "best possible" roster. Maybe guys like Angle, Knazko and Jiricek will be replaced by random camp invitees or other players I couldn't remember...

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Assuming Euros, Russians and college kids won't be present...

Red Wings might have a decent center group there with Mazur, Kasper, Danielson and Lombardi. I don't think they will give up a ton of goals if the top-4 defense in front of Cossa is:

Edvinsson - Tuomisto
Wallinder - Gibson

Would be a great test for Jackets forwards.

Stars should bring a quality offense as well. Stankoven, Bourque, Arcuri, Seminoff, McDonald etc. mixed with good AHL players. On the backend they might have Kyrou, Bertucci....and Bichsel! Haven't seen him play since last WJC where he had a pretty strong showing.

Leafs seems to lack high-end prospects so their team is probably mostly consisting of experienced AHLers. I guess Knies won't come because he's played in NHL playoffs? Personally, Ty Voit is the most exciting name in their prospect pool.

Jackets' best possible lineup could be:

Peddle - Angle - Rysavy

Svozil - Jiricek
Mateychuk - Ceulemans
OJBH - Knazko

Greaves
Lalonde
Cajan
Oof, they'll be lucky to win a game against anybody but the Leafs with that.

I doubt Dallas brings Stankoven. He doesn't have anything to prove.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Established NHLers are one thing, but I would imagine CBJ puts Jiricek out there unless he's recovering from an injury. You usually want your young guys on the ice as much as possible in the off-season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

I wonder if its up to the players in that instance. Gives him a chance to get on the ice that much sooner and have a head start at the main camp

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Seems only Detroit has released their roster.

Source?
There’s a very poorly written “article” on the hockey writers (link) that feels oddly like a cut and paste of last year with the date changed, except that it correctly talks about LDDB and Dumais. Doesn’t make reference to Columbus drafting third overall or Fantilli at all. It feels like a Mandela effect article that leaked through from a universe where Jarmo traded the 2023 first.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
There’s a very poorly written “article” on the hockey writers (link) that feels oddly like a cut and paste of last year with the date changed, except that it correctly talks about LDDB and Dumais. Doesn’t make reference to Columbus drafting third overall or Fantilli at all. It feels like a Mandela effect article that leaked through from a universe where Jarmo traded the 2023 first.
Could be a AI article like the dispatch did with highschool football

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
That's just THW for you. I tried to keep up for a year or two but after the umpteenth time of being clickbaited to some article that sounded interesting only to find that it was really written in 2007 or something (and not updated content wise despite the "written on" saying it's fresh), I decided to stop reading their crap. Scheig is one of the better writers there (and he's usually not at fault for the worst rehash articles) but not good enough to make the tradeoff.

But I digress.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Anybody know any of the invites?
I've seen Delic play in the OHL and U18s. Small energy forward with soft hands. Didn't he attend in dev camp earlier this summer?

Peddle - AngleDelic - Rysavy

Svozil - Jiricek
Mateychuk - Ceulemans
OJBHDeAngelis - Knazko

Greaves
Lalonde
Cajan
Fixed

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Anybody know any of the invites?

Ben Roger was a recent Ottawa second rounder, but that was after the cancelled pandemic season and they didn't sign him. Still only 20, big rangy defender.

There's also a lot of heartwarming content out there on the Wiesblatt family.

Reactions: Viqsi

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ben Roger was a recent Ottawa second rounder, but that was after the cancelled pandemic season and they didn't sign him. Still only 20, big rangy defender.

There's also a lot of heartwarming content out there on the Wiesblatt family.
I cant remember the whole connection but someone in my buddies family was Ozzy's billet family in PA. Never had a bad word to say about Ozzy and pulling for him pretty hard. Definitely a unique upbringing for those kids

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
We lived in the Granite State for fifteen years so I am sucker for those kids. Go Justin Pearson.

CBJProspects

Aug 14, 2021
Here’s two lineups I came up with
IMG_1455.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpeg
    IMG_1457.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad