2023 Traverse City Tournament

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Why should basically anyone be ahead of him at the depth chart?

We have pretty damm good data on recent top NCAA players and how their game has translated.
Nothing is quaranteed but the data is there.

Eichel, Tkachuk, Beniers., Johnson, etc
Outside of Eichel Fantilli has far superior numbers to comps. Then add he’s the most physically ready prospect with no clear weaknesses in his game
You are not saying because Fantilli has better numbers than most or all of those players that he'll be more dominate or better?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
My thoughts so far this will garner you nothing but here I go.

Voronkov - looks like he is trying to adjust to the pace, but he has the tools and history to be a 3rd line banger/pest/physical presence. Don’t forget the PP was also successful because he screened the goalie. He will be fine, just adjusting to the language, move (environment), support (friends), NA game and pace. I think it is good for him being in this tournament to get acclimated before he faces a steeper hill next week. He will be noticeable in camp. Probably acclimates further for a month or two in the AHL.

Fantilli - He will be fine probably comes out of camp 2nd or 3rd line center, but also worry about fan expectations when he starts to run out of gas towards the latter part of the season. I do love the no fear and playing with his hair on fire like he is a 4th liner.

Dumais - this kid is gamer. I saw two rookie camps with him and his skating was better this year but camps were good but nothing exceptional. Turn the lights on and he cranks the volume to 10. Fantastic hands, passing and hockey sense. Too bad he can’t go to the AHL. Another year in the Q is going to nothing for him. Could make the team but would you want to play him on the 4th line??? No!!

Malatesta - I will be honest I didn’t really look at this kid and said maybe 4th liner but probably career AHL’er. He has surpassed my expectations and if he keeps on this trajectory he definitely has a chance to play higher in the lineup. He will start in the AHL but man this is the biggest surprise for me. He seems to be putting it together at the right time and showed he can play a high level when the pressure is on.
Sounds like the BlueJackets have a wealth of talented youngsters coming up through the ranks possibly

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Have to admit it’s a bit of a letdown not seeing our top prospects who are sitting out.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wondering? The BlueJackets seemed stacked with youngsters coming up at the Forward and Defensive positions so who's the "Heir" Apparent between the Pipes?
There’s some hype with this Sergei Ivanov kid in Russia, obviously not on the tournament roster. But honestly we probably don’t have one yet. A definite weakness in our system

Reactions: CBJx614

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Just be thankful there is even a stream, they have only started streaming every game the last 2-3 years.. before that you couldn't even watch. lol
You can be both happy about games being streamed and still criticize about very avoidable issues on the broadcast, like sudden camera angle changes during gameplay that make the viewing experience so annoying. I never actually saw Delic's shot on the Jackets goal.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Who's numero 10 for Blue Jackets...nice goal

I had the Line up but somehow missed placed it

Love watching Hockey...American Football has been a Problem lately with Streams they want you to pay throw the nose...I'm not doing that

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Sounds like the BlueJackets have a wealth of talented youngsters coming up through the ranks possibly
Looks like it and they look good against peers but you need them to take a bigger step from juniors, college, European play. Different story when you play against men in the best league in the World.

Who's numero 10 for Blue Jackets...nice goal

I had the Line up but somehow missed placed it

Love watching Hockey...American Football has been a Problem lately with Streams they want you to pay throw the nose...I'm not doing that
Voronkov #10

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Watched the game. Pretty much agree with everyone's opinions.
Voronkov just looked kind of lost out there. probably trying to get used to the smaller ice, and remember the guy can't speak English. Liked how he played net front at times on the power play.
Dumais really reminds me of Cam Atkinson. He is sneaky good and is in the right place at the right time a lot.
Not much to add about Fantilli. Guy is a stud.
Getting ready to settle in and watch the game vs Dallas.

I can’t recognize Voronkov, turtle skating (like dumbbells on his legs) :huh:Akbars’ best player together with Radulov, russian Matthew Tkachuk. Give him vodka and put him in line with Boone and Provorov to gain confidence

Thank You Raven (Voronkov in English means Raven)

IMG_4380.jpeg

Last edited:

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I can’t recognize Voronkov, turtle skating (like dumbbells on his legs) :huh:Akbars’ best player together with Radulov, russian Matthew Tkachuk. Give him vodka and put him in line with Boone and Provorov to gain confidence

Thank You Raven (Voronkov in English means Raven)

View attachment 743768
I don’t have a problem with Voronkov - I think he will be just fine. The teams involved in this tournament are playing without a lot of team structure and more back and forth. He will adjust to the NA game, just will take a little time. I am excited to see him progress, CBJ has been missing his type of hockey.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Some nice moments here and there but nobody really stood out today imo.

Voronkov won't be even close to making the team if he continues to play like this. Ceulemans and Svozil shouldn't be knocking on the door either.

I liked Wiesblatt, good puck skills and playmaking. I probably wouldn't offer Roger a contract even though he's something Jackets D pool lacks (big physical RD). All in all was too inconsistent defensively in my view.

Glad that Butler is under a contract, looking forward to follow his season in Cleveland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad