Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
He's one Sick Bastard.
Not sure if anyone remembers but when he was in Montreal , he and Devante Smith-Pelle got into some trouble holding a Adult party in a hotel room when he got into it with his then girlfriend. Police found illegal substances in the room. I believe this was why the Habs unloaded him.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If you have a better way of analyzing defensive play I’m all ears but this 92 percentile is against everyone else. Ignore the dollars at the top unless you take the time to understand Dom’s model and how that works.
View attachment 728941
Just like we cant fully poo poo players analytics on bad teams, we need to also pump the breaks on career years when the team he played on broke multiple records for the regular season. Just playing devils advocate here.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Not sure if anyone remembers but when he was in Montreal , he and Devante Smith-Pelle got into some trouble holding a Adult party in a hotel room when he got into it with his then girlfriend. Police found illegal substances in the room. I believe this was why the Habs unloaded him.
He'd definitely be one el cheapo addition now!

Sweenius

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
For dumb dumbs like me how does this impact Boston?
Not fully knowledgeable, but my guess is that it just means the original qualifying offer no longer is on the table.

Probably doesn't mean much in terms of Swayman or Frederic though. Only for players that turned down a QO and risk making even less in arbitration.

Someone definitely please correct or amend if I am missing anything.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Considering his defensive and PK role here this is a silly statement, and Im not a huge fan of my 3C making 5+Mil but he is the most important PKer on the team especially with Nosek gone and Bergerons age and career being over in question.

All the defense that play PK are not important than Coyle out there. Coyle SHOULD be on the ice short handed as a 3rd line center making $5 mill. That’s his job he does a ok job at it but Nosek as a 4th line center making half the money does better.

Reactions: GoBs

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Replaced and outplayed. It just shows how remarkably average Coyle is, he could be replaced by a number of centers in the NHL for less and there would be little to no drop off and for the same dollars, probably some improvement. Marchand and DeBrusk would have to drag him to being a decent second line center and it would all be based on them

Charlie is not a 2C.

He proved an excellent shut down 3C when called upon by Montgomery to do so.

He is a puck possession monster. Not some JAG,

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I was thinking today. Since Bergy needs all this rehab time. I’m wondering if he actually doesn’t play this year at all and comes back next year for a final season to run out Marchand’s last year. Then maybe they retire together. Not sure Brad’s at that point but just a thought. We are likely to be able to put together a better team next off season with an increase cap and our d situation cleaning up a little.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I was thinking today. Since Bergy needs all this rehab time. I’m wondering if he actually doesn’t play this year at all

was there news that came out recently that bergeron isn't healthy? i hadn't seen anything. as far as i know,
he's working out at his normal offseason pace.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Coyle is 31 years old and he’s notched 50+ points once (in Minnesota).

By age 31 Krejci had scored over 50 points 7x.

By age 31 Bergeron had scored over 50 points 9x.
But since Coyle's 50-point season, the only two seasons where he played a full 82 games, which happen to be the two most recent seasons, he had 44 and 45 points. Yes, that's not 50, but it's not that far off. Plus, he notched those points playing 3rd-line role and minutes. Having Hall/Zacha on his wing likely helped, but he also had Frederic a lot of that time. Nothing against Freddy, but he ain't Pasta or Debrusk. Either of those guys is probably good for an extra 5 points at least.

Not saying Coyle is as good as Bergeron or Krejci – he simply isn't – but your stats story doesn't quite tell the full story.

1689449972312.png

Reactions: BMC

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Charlie is not a 2C.

He proved an excellent shut down 3C when called upon by Montgomery to do so.

He is a puck possession monster. Not some JAG,

I thought with Bergy and Krejci out to start against Florida, he certainly looked like a 2C to me?

Reactions: PlayMakers

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Ugh what do we think Kusnetsov goes for? I'm gonna have fomo there

7.8M for 2 years isn't bad, that's an easy deal to flip back if you need to

Who does extended Debrusk+ for Kusnetzov 50% retained? This supposed Debrusk's next deal is an ungodly ask.

Last edited:

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I thought with Bergy and Krejci out to start against Florida, he certainly looked like a 2C to me?
Yes although when you look at the stats he was 1 point and was a -1 in game two. Then looked worse when bumped down to Halls line who racked up a bunch of points. He ended the series tied with Nosek for points with 2. You would think playing with Hall he could’ve had a couple pucks bounce off him or at least he involved in one of the goals for an assist.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoBs

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I was thinking today. Since Bergy needs all this rehab time. I’m wondering if he actually doesn’t play this year at all and comes back next year for a final season to run out Marchand’s last year. Then maybe they retire together. Not sure Brad’s at that point but just a thought. We are likely to be able to put together a better team next off season with an increase cap and our d situation cleaning up a little.
What rehab time?

Reactions: GoBs and neelynugs

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
that is another asset he can give you , fill in top six for a short period and he does not hurt you..........A lot of fans do not see the whole picture , he protects the puck kills penalty's works hard out there makes very few mistakes ......But I know his contract sucks.

I'd be very curious to see his stats if he did get 2C ice time. I think he'd be right on the money for value then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad