Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
People say we can’t make 1000 posts without the Bruins making any transactions. But I think we got the stuff to make it happen. Who’s with me to 1000 posts of nonsense?!

Word for word what William Wallace said on that battle day. True story.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Arbitration hearings for players will be held July 20-Aug. 4. However, Sweeney is hopeful that Boston will be able to work out contracts for Swayman and Frederic before to potentially contentious hearings. “We’re all working hard on that front. Having pretty much constant dialogue with all three players (including Mitchell) and representatives,” Sweeney said. “But, we know there’s a path and there will be a right solution on the other side and one way or another they will be part of our organization.”

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here's where they're at:

Bruins Cap.PNG

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is if Bergeron retires it’s this week announced

Bruins got thru
Draft
Free Agency
Dev Camp

They can take some time away as nothing really on horizon till rookie camp in Buffalo in 2 months other than getting Swayman, Frederic and Mitchell signed

If Bergeron calls it a career makes sense this week

Here is hoping quiet week

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Bruins got thru
Draft
Free Agency
Dev Camp

They can take some time away as nothing really on horizon till rookie camp in Buffalo in 2 months other than getting Swayman, Frederic and Mitchell signed

Is there any chance Bergeron would make a delayed comeback like Krejci alluded to?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If they plan to bring Bergeron back and he retires, then well... Not a good plan.

I know this season was going to be difficult. But I really wish they hadn't punted. I wish even just a little bit more had been done to open up cap room. I wish there was an attempt to change the makeup of the team to address their playoff loss.

At least we have Looch and some fun young players to follow.
I agree with changing the makeup. Even if you couldn’t make a trade for a 1c, they could have re-worked the D to include a bruiser.

I will say, the one change in makeup is that there are a lot more guys who go to the net and stay there. That’s something they’ve been lacking and have added in Geekie, JVR and Lucic.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is there any chance Bergeron would make a delayed comeback like Krejci alluded to?
Only he knows

Just guess work on my part but if he is calling it a career there are no distractions and you can give it proper attention

Sweeney obviously has been talking to him he said there are no health issues with him (I thought odd but)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I agree with changing the makeup. Even if you couldn’t make a trade for a 1c, they could have re-worked the D to include a bruiser.

I will say, the one change in makeup is that there are a lot more guys who go to the net and stay there. That’s something they’ve been lacking and have added in Geekie, JVR and Lucic.
Just might take JVR and Looch a bit to get there lol. There's still time of course and their not easy to get because every team covets them, but yea a Nice Bruiser on defense would be nice. A Zadarov maybe, his name been floating around out-there and Dumba is still out there in free agency.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Just might take JVR and Looch a bit to get there lol. There's still time of course and their not easy to get because every team covets them, but yea a Nice Bruiser on defense would be nice. A Zadarov maybe, his name been floating around out-there and Dumba is still out there in free agency.
Another guy who’s out there is Logan Stanley. Massive, hits, fights, also wants out of Winnipeg.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I have been vocal in my interest of Zadina. Comtois would be a better project than Zadina if they were both available on league-minimum deals. Comtois scored 33 points in 20/21 in 55 games as a 22 yo. It would be very helpful if you can get him back to that scoring pace alone. Especially if he plays up to his size; 6'2 210. I wonder if he fully recovered from the broken hand in November 2021. That would probably be something the B's have already researched, yet I don't have an answer.

I'd love to pick up one more project player to compete for a spot, I am not too particular about who, but I would prefer a young forward with upside.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Bruins got thru
Draft
Free Agency
Dev Camp

When I heard Marchand was making the “welcome to the Bruins” calls I thought that sounded like Bergeron was retiring but maybe the very recent addition to the family played a part in Him taking a step back.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I would hope Sweeney would look into signing Filip Zadina. A 23 yr old left shot winger drafted #6 overall, he is a FA who would not break the bank. Filip has not produced much to date for Detroit but has lots of skill and could fill in on Zacha's line for short money.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Sources indicated one name to keep an eye on is Boston Bruins defenseman Matt Grzelcyk, a left-handed puck-mover with a high hockey IQ and quick skates who makes good breakout passes but is only 5-foot-9. It should be noted Bruins GM Don Sweeney last week expressed exasperation with Grzelcyk trade rumors, chiding the Boston media.

That would not preclude Dubas from checking on Grzelcyk or kicking the tires. Grzelcyk, 29, has one year left on a four-year deal with a $3.687 million salary-cap hit. Last season, he had 26 points (4-22-26) in 75 games. He was also a plus-46.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I have been vocal in my interest of Zadina. Comtois would be a better project than Zadina if they were both available on league-minimum deals. Comtois scored 33 points in 20/21 in 55 games as a 22 yo. It would be very helpful if you can get him back to that scoring pace alone. Especially if he plays up to his size; 6'2 210. I wonder if he fully recovered from the broken hand in November 2021. That would probably be something the B's have already researched, yet I don't have an answer.

I'd love to pick up one more project player to compete for a spot, I am not too particular about who, but I would prefer a young forward with upside.
Matthew Poitras really turned heads in development camp. He'll be fun to watch and follow whether its in Boston or Guelph this year. But just being able to keep an eye on his progress during rookie camp and their main camp will make it nice and he could be that light at the end of the tunnel they've been searching for.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I don’t know about other teams but after Mitch Miller I think the Bruins are avoiding Comtois because of the alleged sexual assault case.

Fwiw, if that wasn’t an issue I would have preferred him to JVR.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille