2022 NHL Draft Prospects

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Larstarza isn’t going to the Q IMO and I don’t have him too 5.

Vetrano and Dumais will have a coming out party and I think Rozzi finally gets the spotlight he deserves....
Rozzi and Dumais will definitely have a coming out party (barring injuries of course) as they are the only pure point producers on their team and their coach will have no choice but to play them a lot.

Vetrano has more pure point producers on his team but he will definitely get more of the spotlight with LaStarza gone. Plus possibly playing with Vidicek cannot hurt. Don’t count Kelechian out either, he finished 2nd or 3rd in scoring last year in Bantam Relève, he might be the sleeper that comes out of nowhere.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Rozzi and Dumais will definitely have a coming out party (barring injuries of course) as they are the only pure point producers on their team and their coach will have no choice but to play them a lot.

Vetrano has more pure point producers on his team but he will definitely get more of the spotlight with LaStarza gone. Plus possibly playing with Vidicek cannot hurt. Don’t count Kelechian out either, he finished 2nd or 3rd in scoring last year in Bantam Relève, he might be the sleeper that comes out of nowhere.
Hrykowian if he would grow would be my sleeper... I do like Kelechian

Lions have lots of depth in 04.

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018

Vetrano saw him play last year with Lastarza and Dumais for a first year line they were impressive , so I don't think he'll need anyone to play with, he can create his own chances, but with lastarza, he did solidify the scoring chances, vidicek will help, but won't carry the load, if paired on the same line, IMO.

I think Dumais and Rozzi are the main point producers on either team. The coach from LSL N will make sure they are.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Vetrano saw him play last year with Lastarza and Dumais for a first year line they were impressive , so I don't think he'll need anyone to play with, he can create his own chances, but with lastarza, he did solidify the scoring chances, vidicek will help, but won't carry the load, if paired on the same line, IMO.

I think Dumais and Rozzi are the main point producers on either team. The coach from LSL N will make sure they are.
Last year Vetrano centered both Vidicek and Lastarza until Christmas and Tinling centered Rozzi and Dumais. Only in the New Year their coached switched Dumais and Vidicek.

Vetrano can definitely create chances so he’ll be fun to watch with Lastarza out of the picture this year.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
Maybe we should not do this age from these boys here the future NHL stars,
many of them fall down next time, others will jump up. But,I will also allow
my opinion on the potential places in first round draft 2022 of the 2004age :

Wright,Luneau,
Savoie,
Miroshnicenko,Slavkovsky,Legkov,Krantz,Kaplan...maybe :laugh::laugh:

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018
so does it look as if Savoie will definitely be getting exceptional status? also what is the general concensus on his potential upside as a prospect? are we talking a matthews or mcdavid? i know it’s very early to really get a good idea but i was just wondering.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
From Czech republic had a good start boys born 2004 GK - Lukas Malant, Mario Zalcik, D -Tomas Hamara, Marek Alscher, Ondrej Culek, F - Lukas Koblizek, Tomas Trunda, Simon Slavicek,

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
so does it look as if Savoie will definitely be getting exceptional status? also what is the general concensus on his potential upside as a prospect? are we talking a matthews or mcdavid? i know it’s very early to really get a good idea but i was just wondering.

No word on that yet. Stylistically he plays like Crosby but I don't think he is on the same level at the same age. If I had to guess right now he'll be in the Tavares/Stamkos level but still to early.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Every year by such thread jump such question: Yes, we all know, that we are speaking about 13-14 years old kids. So what?

The fact here is that the majority of future great players / generational players are showing very strong signs at a very young age even younger then 13/14...
Keep these threads going I enjoy them .. always exciting to see who might becoming through the pipeline on the short , and long term

Reactions: OSA

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Maybe we should not do this age from these boys here the future NHL stars,
many of them fall down next time, others will jump up. But,I will also allow
my opinion on the potential places in first round draft 2022 of the 2004age :

Wright,Luneau,
Savoie,
Miroshnicenko,Slavkovsky,Legkov,Krantz,Kaplan...maybe :laugh::laugh:

There are some on your list I never heard of.. Do you know more about Luneau?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So looks like Shane Wright and his family may be looking into applying for exceptional status for the OHL Draft coming up at the end of the year. Flint Firebirds are 0-7 to start the year but they also picked up Evan Veirling, Owen Power (NCAA commit),

No word on whether Matthew Savoie is applying but I've heard that he may be considering NCAA so that could mean BCHL/AJHL may be in the cards for him. If he does apply Swift Current is 0-6 to start the year and their pick belongs to Prince George. Who picked up Tyler Brennan (a solid young goalie from Rink's program) and have a bunch more draft picks coming up including another two, maybe three, first round picks for 2020 bantam draft. So they could really be building something special there.

But so far we have two very high calibre centerman both playing in essentially minor midget in their respective locals.

Shane Wright - RC - 6'0 - 168 lbs - January 5th, 2004 (14)
Matthew Savoie - RC - 5'9 - 165 lbs - January 1st, 2004 (14)

Wright has a bit more height and reach while Savoie seems to be a bit stockier. Both seem to play very different styles although I have seen a lot less of Wright. This draft will be a really fun one to keep an eye out for as two potential young guns emerge early and they were only born a few days apart.

Reactions: grentthealien

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So looks like Shane Wright and his family may be looking into applying for exceptional status for the OHL Draft coming up at the end of the year. Flint Firebirds are 0-7 to start the year but they also picked up Evan Veirling, Owen Power (NCAA commit),

No word on whether Matthew Savoie is applying but I've heard that he may be considering NCAA so that could mean BCHL/AJHL may be in the cards for him. If he does apply Swift Current is 0-6 to start the year and their pick belongs to Prince George. Who picked up Tyler Brennan (a solid young goalie from Rink's program) and have a bunch more draft picks coming up including another two, maybe three, first round picks for 2020 bantam draft. So they could really be building something special there.

But so far we have two very high calibre centerman both playing in essentially minor midget in their respective locals.

Shane Wright - RC - 6'0 - 168 lbs - January 5th, 2004 (14)
Matthew Savoie - RC - 5'9 - 165 lbs - January 1st, 2004 (14)

Wright has a bit more height and reach while Savoie seems to be a bit stockier. Both seem to play very different styles although I have seen a lot less of Wright. This draft will be a really fun one to keep an eye out for as two potential young guns emerge early and they were only born a few days apart.

Could be interesting to see, how is looking the process of "exceptional status". What all is discussed there, who belongs to the group, how looks such proposal ...

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Could be interesting to see, how is looking the process of "exceptional status". What all is discussed there, who belongs to the group, how looks such proposal ...

They both have until December 1st to apply.
In the case of Wright he will go through a panel of OHL and Hockey Canada officials, in the case of Savoie he will go through a panel of WHL and Hockey Canada officials. There is then a very lengthy interview process where they determine whether a kid is both mentality and physically ready to play as 15 year olds in their respective leagues. The OHL officials will likely be pretty stingy after the Sean Day situation. The WHL officials have never had an application to review and as such may or may not be more open to it. Either way I think both kids could get accepted if they apply. Though both obviously need the consent of their parents to do so.

The OHL has had 5 kids apply. McFarland, Tavares, Ekblad, McDavid and Sean Day. The QMJHL has had one kid apply in Joe Veleno. The WHL has never had a kid apply for exceptional status. There is some strong evidence that both Day and Veleno were given exceptional status to keep them from going the NCAA route. So Hockey Canada is likely going to deny any kid who tries to use that as leverage now. It costs $1000 to apply from what I've heard. The only kid to ever be denied is John McFarland who is now playing in Europe.

Last edited:

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
They both have until December 1st to apply.
In the case of Wright he will go through a panel of OHL and Hockey Canada officials, in the case of Savoie he will go through a panel of WHL and Hockey Canada officials. There is then a very lengthy interview process where they determine whether a kid is both mentality and physically ready to play as 15 year olds in their respective leagues. The OHL officials will likely be pretty stingy after the Sean Day situation. The WHL officials have never had an application to review and as such may or may not be more open to it. Either way I think both kids could get accepted if they apply. Though both obviously need the consent of their parents to do so.

The OHL has had 5 kids apply. McFarland, Tavares, Ekblad, McDavid and Sean Day. The QMJHL has had one kid apply in Joe Veleno. The WHL has never had a kid apply for exceptional status. There is some strong evidence that both Day and Veleno were given exceptional status to keep them from going the NCAA route. So Hockey Canada is likely going to deny any kid who tries to use that as leverage now. It costs $1000 to apply from what I've heard. The only kid to ever be denied is John McFarland who is now playing in Europe.
Correct me if i'm wrong but i feel like i remember Jack Hughes applying to the OHL for exceptional status but getting denied. I wonder if being American had anything to do with it

edit: it says in this article he tried, unless this article had wrong info
Quinn, Jack Hughes: The present, and maybe future, of Michigan hockey

Reactions: OSA

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Correct me if i'm wrong but i feel like i remember Jack Hughes applying to the OHL for exceptional status but getting denied. I wonder if being American had anything to do with it

edit: it says in this article he tried, unless this article had wrong info
Quinn, Jack Hughes: The present, and maybe future, of Michigan hockey

I believe the OHL told him not to bother applying if he was trying to use it as leverage over going to the NCAA. But he never actually filed an application.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hm, it doesn't make any sense for me to ask such price. Its a advertisement for the league. They should do it for free.

Likely to keep everyone and anyone from applying. If there is a cost associated with it, it makes parents think about it a little more otherwise you may have a lot of parents applying because they think their kid is a phenom. Which is probably really common with a lot of parents.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Likely to keep everyone and anyone from applying. If there is a cost associated with it, it makes parents think about it a little more otherwise you may have a lot of parents applying because they think their kid is a phenom. Which is probably really common with a lot of parents.

But 1000 isnt a big deal for parents, that think, they have at home "The Next One". ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad