2022 NHL Draft Prospects

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
In the tournament LegacyGlobalSports - WSI U15 in PHILADEPLHIA / May 2019/ will be play also czech team, but not from czech federation, private group. Probably with 90% of the best boys 2004.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Everything points to Finland.

Which is why he’s so sure he’ll challenge Savoie and Wright. ;)
Whats the story on this kids dual status anyway? Brad Lambert, doesn't sound very Finnish to me. I'll assume a Finnish mom/Canadian dad and the family currently resides in Finland?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Whats the story on this kids dual status anyway? Brad Lambert, doesn't sound very Finnish to me. I'll assume a Finnish mom/Canadian dad and the family currently resides in Finland?
Yeah his dad is from Saskatchewan and is a coach in Finland while the mother is Finnish. Spends the school year in Finland then comes to Saskatoon to train over the summer. Wasn't eligible for the WHL draft but chance he comes over in the import draft, especially if the Saskatoon Blades take him.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The story was told above, but I want to mention that he has played some games for Finnish U16 national team already. That doesn't mean anything for sure but I hope he stays as he is the top 2003 born guy at the moment for Finns.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The story was told above, but I want to mention that he has played some games for Finnish U16 national team already. That doesn't mean anything for sure but I hope he stays as he is the top 2003 born guy at the moment for Finns.
Hadn't seen that, thanks for the tip off.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah his dad is from Saskatchewan and is a coach in Finland while the mother is Finnish. Spends the school year in Finland then comes to Saskatoon to train over the summer. Wasn't eligible for the WHL draft but chance he comes over in the import draft, especially if the Saskatoon Blades take him.
Gotcha, thanks.

Hopefully he selects Canada going forward, can never have enough talent.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
For those who understand french, an article on one of the top prospects from Quebec currently playing in Minnesota at Shattuck’s.

Un rêve et ses sacrifices - La Presse+

-Michael LaStarza was ranked 6th in Bantam AAA scoring last season with 47 points.
-His dad, Tony is a huge hockey fan and works closely with Allan Walsh, the family's counsellor
-They were looking for a new challenge for the young forward, enrolling at Shattuck, taking him out of his comfort zone, to gain maturity
-Michael did not know what Shattuck was before, but enjoys playing at the same rink as Toews, MacKinnon and Crosby did
-He likes the English environment (his mother tongue) but does suffer from homesickness from time to time. He is away from his family for the first time.
-A year at Shattuck is $58,000, but Tony is a VP at his company and can afford it. He has already paid between $20,000 and $25,000 each year for minor hockey
-Michael has straight A's in school and right now is 2nd on the team with 34 pts in 29 games.
-Head coach Christian Bragnalo says LaStarza is strong on the puck, can protect it well and has a great slapshot. But like any Bantam player, he needs to learn to play away from the puck. His physical tools rank him amongst the elite.
-Michael and Tony are dreaming about the NHL, and think Michael has the skills to make it. But school is a high priority too, because they need a plan B.
-He will definitely attract interest from NCAA and QMJHL, and his NHL draft is in 2022.
-He wears number 9 in honor of Maurice Richard, and watches the movie based on him very often

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Kocha Delic is a name you'll start hearing more soon. Elite puck skills/skating, and plays with a rare zeal

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
So that LaStarza kid is in ninth grade and playing on the bantam (basically the 9th grade team) at Shattuck. Shattuck is also down as a program in recent years.

In 9th grade Keller put up 129 in 60 on that team.
In 9th grade MacKinnon put up 101 in 58 on that team.
Peter Reynolds looks like he's is a year ahead in school, but last year when he should have been in 9th grade he put up 116 in 55 on that team.

Lastarza is second on the team with 34 in 29. Are they saying he is a potential top ten pick? He doesn't seem to be dominating.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
So that LaStarza kid is in ninth grade and playing on the bantam (basically the 9th grade team) at Shattuck. Shattuck is also down as a program in recent years.

In 9th grade Keller put up 129 in 60 on that team.
In 9th grade MacKinnon put up 101 in 58 on that team.
Peter Reynolds looks like he's is a year ahead in school, but last year when he should have been in 9th grade he put up 116 in 55 on that team.

Lastarza is second on the team with 34 in 29. Are they saying he is a potential top ten pick? He doesn't seem to be dominating.

LaStarza has a lot of offensive skills, but he isn't a future 1st overall NHL pick. Both MacKinnon and Keller had a ton of hype and dominated the minor leagues at every level. LaStarza is a top-10 talent from Quebec in his age group, and would likely be a 1st round QMJHL pick (if he had stayed), but he isn't a surefire future superstar. His NHL potential depends on growth and other things, but he is not in the same category as a MacKinnon or Keller right now.

That doesn't mean he isn't a prospect to keep an eye on, though. Most players who produce well as first-year Bantam AAA players in Quebec end up being pretty good players, at the very least at the major junior level. For reference, Alexis Lafreniere did not even get a point per game in his first year Bantam AAA.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
From MN, Nick Pierre and Trey Fechko. Too young to read much into anyone, though. Check back in two years.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Swan is out for the year with a torn ACL. Really bad luck for him. He will be out at a minimum until Jan 2020 depending when he has his surgery. A very tough injury to have for any player.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Sweden:
Otto Stahre
Liam Svensson
Rasmus Leijonhielm
Marwin Wedemo Nordkvist
Elias Kumlin
Leo Krantz

Finland:
Oskari Vuorio
Joakim Kemell
Oskari Hult
Jere Lassila
Brad Lambert

Czech:
Marek Alscher
Matyáš Šapovaliv
Tomáš Hamara
David Jiříček
Jakub Šiler

Slovak:
Juraj Slafkovský
Servác Petrovský
Šimon Nemec
Filip Mešár
Daniel Chovaniak
Oliver Stümpel

Russia:
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Denis Komrakov
Alexander Pelevin
Kirill Dolzhenkov
Ilja Kvochko

Germany:
Vincent Grunewald

Even though their still quite young and it might be too early to tell; I wonder if someone has got more information on them?! Am I getting ahead of myself by saying that Czech hockey is quietly turning things around and finally developing some D prospects? Alscher's numbers are impressive for a D.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
That a lot of money. Everyone pays such bill? Then the school must be crazy rich.

The article mentions: ''financial aid is available when needed, and just like any University, schools are sometimes willing to negotiate to attract good players.''

My guess is Shattuck's probably pays part of the bill for most of the ''top'' players they bring in, with a portion perhaps being in loans or grants. But it is also mentionned that Michael's father does have deep pockets

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Savoie and Wright seem to be top 2. Who seems to stand out for the 3?

Tristan Luneau looks very impressive. Watching him right now with Team Quebec vs Team BC. Best D on the ice despite being an ‘04 against the top ‘03’s. Great skater, good first pass, PP QB, can rush the puck. He’s impressed me more than Savoie. Wright is on a different level than Savoie based on the CWG’s so far.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Tristan Luneau looks very impressive. Watching him right now with Team Quebec vs Team BC. Best D on the ice despite being an ‘04 against the top ‘03’s. Great skater, good first pass, can rush the puck. He’s impressed me more than Savoie. Wright is on a different level than Savoie based on the CWG’s so far.
Savoie looks fantastic right now against New Brunswick much more impressive then what Wright looked earlier today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->