2022 NHL Draft Prospects

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
But 1000 isnt a big deal for parents, that think, they have at home "The Next One". ;)

A lot of parents think they have the next great one. I don't know the statistics but the majority of the applications are denied. Everyone knows that. Wasting 1000 dollars is something a lot of families are not willing to do.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
A lot of parents think they have the next great one. I don't know the statistics but the majority of the applications are denied. Everyone knows that. Wasting 1000 dollars is something a lot of families are not willing to do.

Yup!! And inevitably the vast majority of the so called 'Next Ones' have that early Jan birthdate advantage. For every McDavid ( Jan birth) you get the (January births) Sean Days and Velanos who have obviously turned out to be far from generational or exceptional . So excuse me if I temper my enthusiasm somewhat for Savoie and Wright (very early Jan b-days) at this relatively early age. On the other hand show me an 'exceptional status ' candidate like Tavares with that Sept birthdate and my interest tends to perk up :)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yup!! And inevitably the vast majority of the so called 'Next Ones' have that early Jan birthdate advantage. For every McDavid ( Jan birth) you get the (January births) Sean Days and Velanos who have obviously turned out to be far from generational or exceptional . So excuse me if I temper my enthusiasm somewhat for Savoie and Wright (very early Jan b-days) at this relatively early age. On the other hand show me an 'exceptional status ' candidate like Tavares with that Sept birthdate and my interest tends to perk up :)

Well its not like Savoie and Wright aren't playing up among kids who are older then them and still playing very well.
Only reason Veleno and Day got exceptional status is because they threatened to go to the NCAA if they didn't. Hockey Canada didn't want to lose them so they granted it. That likely won't happen anymore after the backlash.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
There hasn’t been a lot of names thrown in from Ontario. After two months of hockey anyone know who stands out ? They have GTHL, OMHA and HEO.

Last edited:

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
There are some on your list I never heard of.. Do you know more about Luneau?
Luneau is an offensive defensemen with a great skating and slick hands. He can create a lot of successful zone outries and entries with his great agility and neutral zone pass. He is very dynamic offensively and can jump into the action with his great offensive instinct. He's a mix of Erik Karlsson and Artemi Knyazev. He has look like one of the best D in Midget AAA playing with guys 1 to 3 years older.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Luneau is an offensive defensemen with a great skating and slick hands. He can create a lot of successful zone outries and entries with his great agility and neutral zone pass. He is very dynamic offensively and can jump into the action with his great offensive instinct. He's a mix of Erik Karlsson and Artemi Knyazev. He has look like one of the best D in Midget AAA playing with guys 1 to 3 years older.
Although he’s playing Midget AAA as a 2004, note that he is born in early January and has pretty much always played up as he was surclassed from Novice to Atom, Atom to Peewee, Peewee to Bantam, and now Bantam to Midget AAA. I believe also he was selected as the MVP of the Brick tourney way back. He has quite the pedigree here in Quebec!

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Luneau lacks offensive upside. I saw his team play they have a very good defensive core. I hope to see him elevate his game next season. Don’t get me wrong he is a good hockey player but nothing outstanding like the two mentioned below. As of today I don’t have him drafted top 5 in the Q in 2020.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
In Ontario Adam Fantilli is making quite a name for himself. He plays minor midget with the Toronto Red Wings and he’s still only 13 ( december 2004). He is an offensive player with amazing hands, vision and speed. He likes playing hard along the boards too. I know he is only eligible for 2023 draft it will be interesting to keep a close look at his development.

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
In Ontario Adam Fantilli is making quite a name for himself. He plays minor midget with the Toronto Red Wings and he’s still only 13 ( december 2004). He is an offensive player with amazing hands, vision and speed. He likes playing hard along the boards too. I know he is only eligible for 2023 draft it will be interesting to keep a close look at his development.

Fantilli and Bedard are looking like early kids to keep an eye on for 2023. Kind of a copy of Savoie and Wright in 2022. Two kids likely to come up in OHL/WHL looking good early on.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
There was an interview with Jack Hughes that I recall reading where he said they applied for exceptional status. He went on to say that he and his family were unsure if they would accept it, even if it was granted (most likely saying this because he was denied). There weren’t any reasons given as to why he was denied, but the common belief was that it was because he was so small at the time (like 140 lbs). While the OHL and HC screwed up with Sean Day no doubt, they also screwed up with Jack Hughes; the kid should have been playing in the OHL. Securing these type of players away from the NCAA is the end game and I think the CHL as a whole and HC will be a lot more amenable to the whole “exceptional player” notion going forward, regardless of Joe Veleno and Sean Day.

There’s very little doubt in my mind that Shane Wright will be granted exceptional player status for next year should he choose to apply. The only way he’s not playing in the OHL is if he wants to avoid playing in Flint and thus forgoes his application.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There was an interview with Jack Hughes that I recall reading where he said they applied for exceptional status. He went on to say that he and his family were unsure if they would accept it, even if it was granted (most likely saying this because he was denied). There weren’t any reasons given as to why he was denied, but the common belief was that it was because he was so small at the time (like 140 lbs). While the OHL and HC screwed up with Sean Day no doubt, they also screwed up with Jack Hughes; the kid should have been playing in the OHL. Securing these type of players away from the NCAA is the end game and I think the CHL as a whole and HC will be a lot more amenable to the whole “exceptional player” notion going forward, regardless of Joe Veleno and Sean Day.

There’s very little doubt in my mind that Shane Wright will be granted exceptional player status for next year should he choose to apply. The only way he’s not playing in the OHL is if he wants to avoid playing in Flint and thus forgoes his application.

Yeah I think the only thing stopping Wright or Savoie from applying could be where they end up. Savoie will likely end up in Prince George or Regina depending on how things shake out. Wright will pretty much be guaranteed to end up in Flint. Though Flint does have some decent young guys in Vierling and Keppen. Outside of that it looks pretty iffy there.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
It’s the management/ownership situation in Flint that he might want to avoid. That being said, I agree, they have some very nice players going forward and I firmly believe they are even a borderline playoff team when completely healthy. Plus, I think Eric Wellwood will prove to be a very good OHL coach.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
From Czech republic had a good start boys born 2004 GK - Lukas Malant, Mario Zalcik, D -Tomas Hamara, Marek Alscher, Ondrej Culek, F - Lukas Koblizek, Tomas Trunda, Simon Slavicek,

Many of these boys want to go abroad to the next season - swe,fin...

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Juraj Slafkovsky moved from Salzburg to Hradec Kralove, he will be playing in U16 league, from the first 3 games he gained 9 points!
I think it is good move for him since U18 league in Austria does not have much quality..
Hopefully he will move to Scandinvia in the next seasons, I believe this would be the best for his future development

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Juraj Slafkovsky moved from Salzburg to Hradec Kralove, he will be playing in U16 league, from the first 3 games he gained 9 points!
I think it is good move for him since U18 league in Austria does not have much quality..
Hopefully he will move to Scandinvia in the next seasons, I believe this would be the best for his future development

You are correct, but in my opinion the training facilities of Red Bull Salzburg are much better. He might have more competition in the Czech Republic though.

Edit: Is this guy already 90kg and 186cm tall for a 14 year? Damn!

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
You are correct, but in my opinion the training facilities of Red Bull Salzburg are much better. He might have more competition in the Czech Republic though.

Edit: Is this guy already 90kg and 186cm tall for a 14 year? Damn!
Yes, he is. I hope his current domination is not based only on his physical.
I saw him only in one game on international tournament but he acted pretty well against one year older players.. We will see in the next years.. But this guy is definitely worth to watch.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
An acquaintance of mine who is a Scout for the Swiss NLA says Noah Greuter is the real deal and a potential first rounder for 22. Im only posting this so I can quote it in a couple of years and brag about it, if he pans out. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->