2022 NHL Draft Prospects

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
We're roughly a year out from the 2021 thread being made, so let's get a thread going listing some guys.

Matthew Savoie looks to be in a class of his own, but there's tons of great north american prospects, including some very impressive quebec players.

Guys i've viewed and been impressed with: Shane Wright, Nick Pierre, Adam Fantilli, Kocha Delic, Maddox Fleming, Brody Crane, Zack Filak, Jake Rozzi. A ton more, but who are the guys you've seen that look like high end prospects?

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Really, the only question for Savoie and exceptional status is growth. He's not a huge kid, and I don't think his brother is either.

Purely based on play, it would be the easiest decision since McDavid.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Matthew Savoie looks to be in a class of his own as far as Western prospects go. Lead the John Reid bantam tournament in points as a 14 year old. Came in 2nd in points to his teammate, Dylan Guenther, the LW goalscorer and 1st overall WHL bantam pick by the Edmonton Oil Kings. (2021 eligible).

He's an incredible skater, extremely hard on the puck, relentless puck pursuit, and very tough to get it from him once he has it. Plays a very similar style of game to Crosby. Extremely high vision, great passer and a good shooting arsenal. He's a threat from anywhere on the ice. Will be eligible for next years Bantam draft. The idea with him being granted exceptional status is that he will be able to play his entire age 15/16 year old season with the team that drafts him. Rather then being limited to just 5 games on the season. He's pretty much a lock to go 1st overall so whoever gets him may end up getting him a year early if they decide to grant him exceptional status.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Matthew Savoie looks to be in a class of his own as far as Western prospects go. Lead the John Reid bantam tournament in points as a 14 year old. Came in 2nd in points to his teammate, Dylan Guenther, the LW goalscorer and 1st overall WHL bantam pick by the Edmonton Oil Kings. (2021 eligible).

He's an incredible skater, extremely hard on the puck, relentlessness puck pursuit, and very tough to get it from him once he has it. Plays a very similar style of game to Crosby. Extremely high vision, great passer and a good shooting arsenal. He's a threat from anywhere on the ice. Will be eligible for next years Bantam draft. The idea with him being granted exceptional status is that he will be able to play his entire age 15/16 year old season with the team that drafts him. Rather then being limited to just 5 games on the season. He's pretty much a lock to go 1st overall so whoever gets him may end up getting him a year early if they decide to grant him exceptional status.

How looks the process of exceptional status? What all must be done? Who can ask for it? Who not? How long until they decide?

james12

Mar 31, 2018
I reckon Savoie is definitely the most talented kid for 2022. Followed by Wright, Lambert, Filak, Slafkovský, Kemmel it seems to me a strong prospect core even 4 years before draft. I'm bit sceptical about Slafkovský since slovak u16 & u18 leagues can just barely accelerate his performances. Despite this, I think he's very promising for Slovak future. We can say, for now, that Savoie's gonna be 1st overall.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I reckon Savoie is definitely the most talented kid for 2022. Followed by Wright, Lambert, Filak, Slafkovský, Kemmel it seems to me a strong prospect core even 4 years before draft. I'm bit sceptical about Slafkovský since slovak u16 & u18 leagues can just barely accelerate his performances. Despite this, I think he's very promising for Slovak future. We can say, for now, that Savoie's gonna be 1st overall.

Slafkovsky is going to Red Bull Salzburg. It is said, they have the best ever training farm in Europe. Not only ice-hockey, but also football.

If you dont know, what is it, check this videos:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How looks the process of exceptional status? What all must be done? Who can ask for it? Who not? How long until they decide?

He along with his parents will have to apply for it with Hockey Canada. Then they make the choice of whether the player will benefit more from playing in Major Junior at 15 vs. Playing another year in midget. It's hard to say whether he'd be granted it as no one has ever applied for it in the WHL and on top of that the last two exceptional grants turned out pretty bad. Hockey Canada might be gun shy now.

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center

Currently only five names listed. For posterity:

-
2.png
Joakim Kemell (F)JYP U16
2.png
Jr. C SM-sarja
-
2.png