2022 NHL Draft Prospects

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Very good skater

Milan Hejduk's twin sons Marek and David are also eligible

Perhaps the next Sedin situation. Both born in Colorado from what I read so eligible for NTDP. Will be really interesting to watch their progression. You see them play yet?

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Came across an article about Tristan Luneau? Could be a name to add here to keep an eye on for 2022 potential prospects.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Came across an article about Tristan Luneau? Could be a name to add here to keep an eye on for 2022 potential prospects.
Quick glance at EP was discouraging. I know stats aren’t everything, especially for a d-man, but sub-0.5 PPG at Bantam AAA level doesn’t scream top prospect at me. I’d love to be proven wrong, though.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Servác Petrovský is another promising 'prospect' since he's PPG in Czech u16. He has the best stats of 04's in the league followed by Alscher who is dman. What's more, he's the youngest player in the league with comparable stats of Zadina, Vrana or Zacha at this age.

Servác Petrovský at eliteprospects.com

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hipster? I think you mean hippy. These types of names aren't uncommon on the west coast. Especially on the BC Islands like Hornby.

Weirdly common actually. I mean not the exact names of the Weisblatts but the style of their names. I've met guys named Totem, Evergreen and Bear all on Haida Gwaii on a single trip. Met a guy on the beach at Tofino named Surf. Also met a dude on the Ferry from Swartz to Tsawwassen named Crash Bandicoot, I swear to everything I stand for it was on his actual BC drivers license.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Quebec have a great class of 2004’s (very deep). Names you’ll surely hear a lot about eventually are;

Forwards
Markus Vidicek (comparable to Toews and Bergeron with more skill, currently the top player in Quebec according to hockey QC’s director of development)

James Swan (energy player with incredible work ethic and can score)

Defenseman
Michael Mastrodomenico (powerful puck mover with skill and ability to lead the rush)

Tristan Luneau (very offensive, good size, skill, and abilities)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Quick glance at EP was discouraging. I know stats aren’t everything, especially for a d-man, but sub-0.5 PPG at Bantam AAA level doesn’t scream top prospect at me. I’d love to be proven wrong, though.

Bantam AAA in Quebec is a pretty balanced league. Most of the best players in the league will come in at around 1.0 ppg. Only the very elite ones can score way more. Furthermore, Luneau is a 2004, and Bantam AAA last year was 2004 and 2003 born, so he was one year younger than most guys. Only the most elite 2004 can play with the 2003.

Last edited:
Reactions: 99664987

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Bantam AAA in Quebec is a pretty balanced league. Most of the best players in the league will come in at around 1.0 ppg. Only the very elite ones can score way more. Furthermore, Luneau is a 2004, and Bantam AAA last year was 2004 and 2003 born, so he was one year younger than most guys. Only the most elite 2004 can play with the 2003.
Further to that, last year there were four 2004 born players that finished in the top 10 in league scoring (namely Michael LaStarza, Jake Rozzi, Markus Vidicek & James Swan).

Looks like there will be 2 players from Bantam AAA that will be surclassed to Midget AAA namely Noah Warren & Emanuelson Charbonneau-Joseph (both Defenseman).

Again a very deep 2004 crop in Quebec, I cannot believe I forgot to mention Noah Warren. Other names to mention are Shayne Bjorn (6’3” forward, skates extremely well), Alpha Barry (explosive skater), Kency Pierre-Noël (also explosive skater). I’m sure I’m missing a few more.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Well if this kid is really that (and not syaing he's not) then he's an absolute phenom...

I was told that Toews at this age was good but under the radar a bit because he played the 200 ft game.

I saw Vidicek at the USHL combine in Chicago in July and he was by far the best forward at the combine. I saw him play 2 games and in one of them he had 4 g & 3 a (his team won something like 9-4) and in the other game he had 2 and 2 (his team won 4-3 or 4-2). I did some research on him from the Quebec league and he has good point totals the last 2 years.

Not sure he’s a phenom but a player to look out for. Savoie and Wright seem to be ahead of him right now by the looks of it.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Quebec have a great class of 2004’s (very deep). Names you’ll surely hear a lot about eventually are;

Forwards
Markus Vidicek (comparable to Toews and Bergeron with more skill, currently the top player in Quebec according to hockey QC’s director of development)

James Swan (energy player with incredible work ethic and can score)

Defenseman
Michael Mastrodomenico (powerful puck mover with skill and ability to lead the rush)

Tristan Luneau (very offensive, good size, skill, and abilities)
Isn't Mastrodomenico a forward?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Noah Warren
Emmanuelson Charbonneau-Joseph
Tristan Luneau

Confirmed all 3 have made Midget AAA as underagers (2004 born) and are players to watch for this NHL draft. They are all defensemen.

Warren and Charbonneau-Joseph will be playing on the same team.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I was told that Toews at this age was good but under the radar a bit because he played the 200 ft game.

I saw Vidicek at the USHL combine in Chicago in July and he was by far the best forward at the combine. I saw him play 2 games and in one of them he had 4 g & 3 a (his team won something like 9-4) and in the other game he had 2 and 2 (his team won 4-3 or 4-2). I did some research on him from the Quebec league and he has good point totals the last 2 years.

Not sure he’s a phenom but a player to look out for. Savoie and Wright seem to be ahead of him right now by the looks of it.

From what I saw in Qc he was playing on a team with a bunch of really talented forwards alongside him but his hockey sense really stood out I felt like he was the best player on his squad. At least 3 other forwards on his team are highly-touted right now.

Reactions: 99664987

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think we are generally impressed when a player plays a year up, I think it's important to remain somewhat cautious in calling them future phenoms or superstars as similar players in their draft year may not be able to play a year up due to organizational rules. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in London, no players are allowed to play up beyond a simple AP. Doughty supposedly didn't even play a year up and if there ever was a player in London history who should of, it would have been him. My evidence is anecdotal only, so I am totally open to being corrected.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Alexis Lafrenière who will be a #1 overall NHL draft pick never skipped any steps either. He broke out in Bantam I believe and we knew he would be great back then. Skipping steps to me is way overrated and personally you have more to lose then gain by jumping steps.... but of course every player and situation is different.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Can you tell us a bit more about his game?

Very good skater, he’s a playmaker first and foremost.

Pretty good size not huge tho. But he’s impossible to knock off the puck. Fantastic hands, puck protection ability and vision. Always looking to setup a teammate but he’s also not afraid to take a D wide and drive the net and use his masty set of hands in tight.

It’s ridiculous how he comes out of 1 on 2 scrums with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad