Prospect Info: 2022-23 Prospect Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

OK as much as we need a goalie prospect in the pipeline for next season (as long as it's not split affiliates) that's frigin hilarious.

Kid is pretty decent though. Can't say I'd mind our minors group being Sawchenko, Perets, Kucharski aside from the fact that we'll probably need our 3rd goalie at some point and I'd like someone more established than those 3 for that.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Article from a week ago with Nikishin's former HC

Relevant quote:

- Let's take Alexander Nikishin, who also grew up in the Spartak system. I talked with him many times, the guy at one time also wanted to go overseas.

But there is a huge difference - he would have left two years ago or, for example, now. Because over these two years, Alexander has grown into a player of a completely different level. Now he's ready for the NHL.

The translation makes it sound a bit strange but basically Nikishin was seriously considering coming over here a few years ago, wound up deciding to develop in the K and the trade to SKA of course helped him start to realize his full potential there. I have very little doubt we'll see him here in 2 years. I don't think there's much concern that he never comes to NA, unless political/war things get significantly bigger than they are right now.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So imagine yourself being a NCAA goalie kind of hoping for a NHL career, and then realizing that a former Stanley Cup winning NHL Captain, current NHL coach is watching quite a lot of your games.
Well, if that were really going through his head out there all the time, he handles the pressure well.

Reactions: Lempo and DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Then imagine yourself being Skyler. Your dad is former Stanley Cup winning NHL Captain, current NHL coach, who comes to see your games and then has his team sign your teammate.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland