Prospect Info: 2022-23 Prospect Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBlitzon

May 24, 2020
I think he would be signed already if he wanted to be a part of the organization. It’s gotta be rare for a prospect to sign within the last couple of days before the deadline. Even rarer for a prospect like this that we absolutely want to sign.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think he would be signed already if he wanted to be a part of the organization. It’s gotta be rare for a prospect to sign within the last couple of days before the deadline. Even rarer for a prospect like this that we absolutely want to sign.

Ryan Johnson and BUF came down the the wire and got it done, so it can happen. But yeah, at this point, more likely than not he goes back into the draft.

Ryan Johnson and BUF came down the the wire and got it done, so it can happen. But yeah, at this point, more likely than not he goes back into the draft.

Reactions: zman77

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We are quite frugal with our ELCs. It is a possibility that Robidas and his agent are dragging their feet to the last minute in an attempt to get higher salary or performance bonuses.

Reactions: zman77

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ryan Johnson and BUF came down the the wire and got it done, so it can happen.
On a quick glance I get the idea that Johnson was a NCAA guy who signed after four years of college. His rights weren't expiring on June 1, but BUF would have held them until August 15.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He was always highly rated we were the only one willing to take a risk on his heart issue.
He probably would’ve gone late 1st or early 2nd if not for the heart issue but he was never rated so highly that anyone could’ve imagined he’d be where he’s at now. What he’s been doing in the K has been unprecedented for a young Russian D man. We’ll see how it translates in due time but he was never quite this highly rated as a prospect. He has skyrocketed in development the last 2 years.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He probably would’ve gone late 1st or early 2nd if not for the heart issue but he was never rated so highly that anyone could’ve imagined he’d be where he’s at now. What he’s been doing in the K has been unprecedented for a young Russian D man. We’ll see how it translates in due time but he was never quite this highly rated as a prospect. He has skyrocketed in development the last 2 years.
i saw he was middle first before the diagnosis

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Sure would be nice if Dundon could just pay the KHL whatever they need to terminate that contract to bring him over.

Too bad that’s against the rules. The player has to pay $$$ out of his own pocket to term a KHL contract, and the chances he takes that sort of hit on his own to come over here and make just $900K on his first contract is slim to none.

Sure, he’ll have to sign a $900K ish 1yr deal when he does finally come over, but in that case he’ll cash in in a year and also have banked all his KHL earnings as well.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Too bad that’s against the rules. The player has to pay $$$ out of his own pocket to term a KHL contract, and the chances he takes that sort of hit on his own to come over here and make just $900K on his first contract is slim to none.

Sure, he’ll have to sign a $900K ish 1yr deal when he does finally come over, but in that case he’ll cash in in a year and also have banked all his KHL earnings as well.
Just give him a real big top golf endorsement deal.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I mean if only our ownership group had access to some companies that could easily absorb such a fee under an easily explained athletic sponsorship that may or may not have a soon to be opened facility about 5-10 mins away from PNC Arena.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

He needs a guaranteed NIL deal similar to what BB & FB players are getting :)

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
He needs a guaranteed NIL deal similar to what BB & FB players are getting :)
IMG_0779.jpeg

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Apparently he's now ranked as the top prospect in the entire league. Sure would be nice if Dundon could just pay the KHL whatever they need to terminate that contract to bring him over.
According to their model, Michkov and Bedard are higher, so I guess he will be the third best after the draft

Reactions: DaveG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I realize that this was covered earlier but I’m sitting in dr’s office killing time and can’t help but be excited about his future.

View attachment 717419
I think a lot of that is based on his stats. Very few defenseman put up such numbers in the KHL, let alone as a 21 year old. On the one hand, I kind of doubt he's the best prospect owned by an NHL team, but on the other hand, there just isn't a comparable really for such a player coming out of the KHL league.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think a lot of that is based on his stats. Very few defenseman put up such numbers in the KHL, let alone as a 21 year old. On the one hand, I kind of doubt he's the best prospect owned by an NHL team, but on the other hand, there just isn't a comparable really for such a player coming out of the KHL league.
The model may be solely stats based, not sure how it works. But I will say there was plenty of warranted excitement about him even well before he exploded on the stat sheet. He passes the eye test all around, especially defensively. Which for a young guy in the K is rare. Add in his unique physicality (unique these days anyways...) and he really is a unicorn prospect. Plenty of incredible prospects don't wind up living up to the hype but as it stands right now he's one of the best players not in the NHL yet, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad