Southwestern Ontario
taxi-cast.jpg

Loved that show! Too funny.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Loved that show! Too funny.
Not to sidetrack this thread but some of the shows I used to find hilarious I see today and say WTF ? Cant' figure out why I thought that (they were funny)! That being said I think that I would still find Taxi hilarious. A good comedic show makes me think that each character reminds me of certain friends and family.... Like for instance Seinfeld. Kramer reminds me of 2 people in my circle of family/friends. Same for the rest of the cast. Elaine's temper and looks used to remind everyone who knew her, of my ex-wife LOL.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Cassidy said PK will be a combination of Carlo, Gryz, Miler and Lauzon. Said Lauzon "has to kill penalties if he's gong to play there." Also said he'd like to rest McAvoy a bit on PK's so they don't wear him out.

I don't get this mentality. So Gryz will be 2nd pair, on the PK, and on the 1st unit PP. Meanwhile your No.1 D-man in McAvoy won't kill penalties and is 2nd unit PP (which gets roughly 35% of the PP time after Unit 1).

To me, it makes more sense to have either McAvoy killing penalties and on PP 2, or have him on PP 1 if he's not on the PK.

Me, I'd have him on PP 1 and kill penalties. He's suppose to be a top end No.1 D-man for a reason. I'd be hitching my wagon to that horse if I'm Cassidy. Why reduce your No.1 D-man (by far IMO) to basically only even strength play?

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't get this mentality. So Gryz will be 2nd pair, on the PK, and on the 1st unit PP. Meanwhile your No.1 D-man in McAvoy won't kill penalties and is 2nd unit PP (which gets roughly 35% of the PP time after Unit 1).

To me, it makes more sense to have either McAvoy killing penalties and on PP 2, or have him on PP 1 if he's not on the PK.

Me, I'd have him on PP 1 and kill penalties. He's suppose to be a top end No.1 D-man for a reason. I'd be hitching my wagon to that horse if I'm Cassidy. Why reduce your No.1 D-man (by far IMO) to basically only even strength play?
McAvoy will get more 5 on 5 time

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Not to sidetrack this thread but some of the shows I used to find hilarious I see today and say WTF ? Cant' figure out why I thought that (they were funny)! That being said I think that I would still find Taxi hilarious. A good comedic show makes me think that each character reminds me of certain friends and family.... Like for instance Seinfeld. Kramer reminds me of 2 people in my circle of family/friends. Same for the rest of the cast. Elaine's temper and looks used to remind everyone who knew her, of my ex-wife LOL.

No kidding, I used to love The Carol Burnett Show now I watch and it's WTF? This is not even remotely funny .

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Normally I would agree, but this year with the condensed schedule and all, keeping on eye on Mac's ice time may be the way to go . Just imagine if Mac get's injured ...................we're f***ed.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No kidding, I used to love The Carol Burnett Show now I watch and it's WTF? This is not even remotely funny .
I still enjoy that on rerun but I hate that they cut down each show. Also, although I understand why she "pulled her ear to signal to her kids" and the Tarzan Call that she did was repetitious and goofballish... Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence, Lyle Waggoner, and Harvey Korman were incredibly talented.
"As The Stomach Turns" is/was classic TV!

Reactions: BMC and bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Normally I would agree, but this year with the condensed schedule and all, keeping on eye on Mac's ice time may be the way to go . Just imagine if Mac get's injured ...................we're f***ed.

If McAvoy goes down for any extended period, it will be hard to overcome.

I've said before I'm not a fan of Gryz on PP Unit 1. I don't think he has the offensive chops to succeed in that role, especially given how reliant the Bruins are on the 1st unit being successful. I want my best offensive D-man on that unit, and to me that's McAvoy and it's not even close.

Maybe I'm just old-school and don't like micro-managing a skater's minutes and if I'm a coach and I have a clear-cut No.1 D man on my team, I'm rolling that guy out there as often as possible in all situations.

Reactions: duffy and JOKER 192

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Do you feel the bruins have enough SNARL?

Loosing Chara somewhat hurts but he wasn't very physical last year.

Adding Zboril/Lauzon adds toughness, they both play a very physical game even though they're average height/slightly above average weight.
Adding Smith also helps, hard worker, hits, doesn't really drop the gloves though
Getting Miller back adds toughness

So overall I would say the team is slightly bigger/tougher vs last year. Still nothing compared to Wash/STL

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad