2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The other teams have the firepower to recover. The isles blew their offense just getting the lead. They don’t have more after that - offense and mental fortitude.
Their biggest goal is to get that 2nd line back on track. We need our 2nd line to be as aggressive as the first

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Did not realize how many damn UFAs and RFAs they have in Carolina, that team could legit not be very good next year if many leave and they change coaches.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Did not realize how many damn UFAs and RFAs they have in Carolina, that team could legit not be very good next year if many leave and they change coaches.
Carolina is in a deeper hole than the islanders. Jesperi Kotkaniemi has the worst contract in hockey. They have to pay their youth who have done nothing but flop whenever hit. They're the softest "aggressive" team ever. I legit just want the isles to do minor moves and keep doing well, because they can get past Carolina one day.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Its hard to say if Swayman continues as he has. He really was not at fault last night, the team was just gassed
Boston is the Islanders if the Islanders had great coaching and didn't have Brock Nelson play like garbage and a somewhat decent bottom 6, plus a healthy Mayfield and another puck mover.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Boston is the Islanders if the Islanders had great coaching and didn't have Brock Nelson play like garbage and a somewhat decent bottom 6, plus a healthy Mayfield and another puck mover.

Boston was close to rebuilding after the loss to the Isles in 21. I am shocked how good they've been since but they are somewhat old in some areas. Window is probably close to shut for them. The East is gonna be all about NJ/FLA/DET/NYR/PHI the next 5 or so years. I'd say I really feel a cup from anyone else is unlikely

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
And the Islanders had 2 Hall of Famers in their top 6.

• Haha
Reactions: Lame Lambert

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
And the Islanders had 2 Hall of Famers in their top 6.
To be very fair Marchand is the king of terrorizing Toronto, and Pasternak was there in 2014 also if our GM wasn't stupid

Boston was close to rebuilding after the loss to the Isles in 21. I am shocked how good they've been since but they are somewhat old in some areas. Window is probably close to shut for them. The East is gonna be all about NJ/FLA/DET/NYR/PHI the next 5 or so years. I'd say I really feel a cup from anyone else is unlikely
NYI will never leave because I genuinely will never buy the Flyers hype w/o Hart now

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
To be very fair Marchand is the king of terrorizing Toronto, and Pasternak was there in 2014 also if our GM wasn't stupid

NYI will never leave because I genuinely will never buy the Flyers hype w/o Hart now
Hart was all hype, average goaltender overall.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Carolina is in a deeper hole than the islanders. Jesperi Kotkaniemi has the worst contract in hockey. They have to pay their youth who have done nothing but flop whenever hit. They're the softest "aggressive" team ever. I legit just want the isles to do minor moves and keep doing well, because they can get past Carolina one day.
Hey, Carolina only paid a 1st and 3rd plus $6M and another $38M for 8 years for the pleasure of Kotkaniemi by the sharpest minds in hockey.

Just imagine if Lou made that craptastic deal.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I know i may be the minority...but i am absolutely loving it!!!! Knock 'em out in 4.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
In reality, the Hurricanes have outplayed the Rags for at least 2 of the three games, the difference has been Shesterkin, who has been god-like in his performance. Lets face it, what the Rags are getting from Shesterkin the past 7 games is what we needed and expected to be getting from Sorokin...and did not get at any point this entire season. And I dont want to hear this nonsense about how tough Sorokin has it and him being under bombardment. Shesterkin has faced 104 shots in the last two games and has allowed 5 goals. That is a .950 save percentage. If Sorokin was in net for the Rags these past two games, they would have lost both by 3-4 goals. Shesterkin has saved that team.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Remember when Panarin spurned the isles and signed with the rags and everyone said “the rags are going to suck for a while”? Pepperidge farm remembers. These assholes are going to win the cup aren’t they? I’m just glad I don’t live in NY anymore so that I don’t have to be around any obnoxious gloating NYR fans

• Haha
Reactions: Lame Lambert

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
In reality, the Hurricanes have outplayed the Rags for at least 2 of the three games, the difference has been Shesterkin, who has been god-like in his performance. Lets face it, what the Rags are getting from Shesterkin the past 7 games is what we needed and expected to be getting from Sorokin...and did not get at any point this entire season. And I dont want to hear this nonsense about how tough Sorokin has it and him being under bombardment. Shesterkin has faced 104 shots in the last two games and has allowed 5 goals. That is a .950 save percentage. If Sorokin was in net for the Rags these past two games, they would have lost both by 3-4 goals. Shesterkin has saved that team.
And the Rangers best players are stepping up with timely goals. The Isles goaltender - the ‘tired’ one - was crap and the Isles best players, well, failed to step up (scoring down 3-0 ain’t stepping up).

It only gets better from here with a NTC kicking in July and 2x the cap hit for not so savior goalie.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Shesty has made timely saves but some luck is def happening. Yes, he created it and has been in relatively good position. Time will tell how long the run ends or lasts, but yes fun watching Carolina crumble and miserable seeing the rags step up

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
The Canes see an Isles logo and turn into the Globetrotters....banking goals off goalies' heads and throwing trick shots off the boards. Then round 2 they turn into doofuses who can't shoot or save a puck.
They were eager to mock the Islanders....and now are looking at being swept. The hockey gods are vengeful.

Reactions: PWJunior

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Remember when Panarin spurned the isles and signed with the rags and everyone said “the rags are going to suck for a while”? Pepperidge farm remembers. These assholes are going to win the cup aren’t they? I’m Just glad I don’t live in NY anymore so that I don’t have to be around any obnoxious gloating NYR fans.
I’m in Connecticut and they’re everywhere and nearly always insufferable. On the rare occasion when I see an Isles fan, I feel like I’ve seen a long lost relative or friend.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
They were eager to mock the Islanders....and now are looking at being swept. The hockey gods are vengeful.

The amount of diving and embellishment by Carolina is really sad. They have a lot of talent, but they continue to disgrace the game with their antics. Brindamoan is a whiny asshole so they take after his lead. Svechnikov is a sick talent, but he's a dumbass with his fake tough guy shit. Dude, you're not Ovechkin, focus on the game and cut out the theatrics.

Reactions: NYI365

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
And the Rangers best players are stepping up with timely goals. The Isles goaltender - the ‘tired’ one - was crap and the Isles best players, well, failed to step up (scoring down 3-0 ain’t stepping up).

It only gets better from here with a NTC kicking in July and 2x the cap hit for not so savior goalie.
Then lets fix the areas where the team is hurting even more so Sorokin and Barzal don't become the players we crucify.

Reactions: periferal

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They never tore it all down and they're a premiere destination. Pretty much everyone is on board with a retool.
The Rangers also benfitted from
-A very stupid "win now" trade from the Senators that gave them Zibanajed who was still developing as a player
-Trochek being a free agent and swooped up thanks to Carolina overpaying the cardio king Kotkaniemi
-trading up for Braden Schneider who was a very good prospect still on the board thanks to Washington
-Actually being smart with Lafreniere for once (Kakko not so much)
-Getting rid of George Liquor for a proven (solid) coach in Laviolette.
-Still having Kreider around even after his decline in 2018-2020
-Having Quick play games when Shesterkin clearly didn't have his stuff working

The last point should apply to Ilya next season. Ilya should play about 48 games next season. He played 56 and looked downright gassed after the end. Not saying Igor didn't play 55 also this season, but when your goalie is clearly struggling, don't force him into every damn game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad