Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp II

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Todays Globe:

Cassidy didn’t want to officially address who will be on the taxi squad but confirmed that Greg McKegg, Urho Vaakanainen, and Dan Vladar will travel with the team. Par Lindholm could also land on the taxi squad if he clears waivers. Steven Kampfer was sent home for a family emergency.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A Bruins priority is keeping goalies separated to avoid losing both to COVID protocols - The Boston Globe

In November, the Denver Broncos were forced to start practice squad receiver Kendall Hinton at quarterback after the team’s four quarterbacks were put on the COVID/reserve list after one tested positive and the other three were declared high-risk close contacts. The Broncos became the first team to start a non-quarterback under center since 1965.
It’s not a spot the Bruins want to be in, especially at a critical position such as goaltender. So coach Bruce Cassidy is being cautious about keeping goalies Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak distanced.

While the Bruins have taken extra steps to keep players safe, some of the normal routines will have to be altered. For instance, the goalies sit next to each other in the locker rooms, which will have to change. Rask and Halak have developed a close working relationship, and necessarily have to be around each other. Some contact, Cassidy said, will be inevitable.

“I mean, they’re going to end up within six feet,” he said.
But he added that both of them have already talked with goaltending coach Bob Essensa about how it will look logistically.
“If they’re getting together with Bob, they’ll usually huddle around his desk and they’re going through some video and you’re in tight quarters,” Cassidy said. “You just can’t do that anymore. You’ve got to try to get people a little bit more spread out with doors open.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Outdoor game set

The Bruins will play the Flyers in the great outdoors, at Lake Tahoe, Nev., the NHL announced.
The game is Sunday, Feb. 21, at 3 p.m. on NBC. The Avalanche and Golden Knights will play the day before, also at 3 p.m.
“It is always an honor for the Bruins to be chosen to play in one of the NHL’s premier events,” Bruins president Cam Neely said in a release. “Each time we have played outdoors it has been a great experience for our players and fans, and we expect Lake Tahoe to be the same. It promises to be a unique environment which will make for a great TV viewing experience.”

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
We can finally breath easy knowing Par Lindholm made it through waivers unclaimed. Cup is all but guaranteed now!

Reactions: Fenian24

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We can finally breath easy knowing Par Lindholm made it through waivers unclaimed. Cup is all but guaranteed now!

As long as he's on the taxi squad and not the main roster. It's good to have a couple older guys like Par and McKegg with NHL experience on the taxi squad.

Reactions: kjpm

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
As long as he's on the taxi squad and not the main roster. It's good to have a couple older guys like Par and McKegg with NHL experience on the taxi squad.

Oh for sure, he's not a bad depth piece at all and you need guys like that. Just having a laugh haha

Reactions: BruinDust

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Todays Globe:

Cassidy didn’t want to officially address who will be on the taxi squad but confirmed that Greg McKegg, Urho Vaakanainen, and Dan Vladar will travel with the team. Par Lindholm could also land on the taxi squad if he clears waivers. Steven Kampfer was sent home for a family emergency.

What about Senyshyn?

Didn't he clear waivers?

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Bruins fans. Do you expect Grzelyck to stay as the top PP guy? How many points are you projecting for him this year?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Bruins fans. Do you expect Grzelyck to stay as the top PP guy? How many points are you projecting for him this year?

I do- I am big fan of Gryz and I think the Bruins and us fans have not seen the best of him yet. He will get his opportunity to shine and I expect him to be quite good. Better than a lot of people here expect, probably. Points are hard to say if you are thinking of him for your fantasy league. It would not surprise me if he got somewhere in the realm of 35-40.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I think if Pasta was ready to start Gryz would stay, but since Pasta is not, I expect the PP to be a jumble until he gets back. I do expect Gryz to be part of the PP all year, whether it's 1 or 2, and I thing that when Pasta comes back, Gryz will get a look up top and play well enough to stay there.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Colombus need a center if they trade Dubois and Bruins should send Krejci ad Vaakanein and a picks...dont think Colombus gonna bite
I would love this. My hope is they like Kuraly the local boy. Would you do the 3 firsts with DKand Vak

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I would love this. My hope is they like Kuraly the local boy. Would you do the 3 firsts with DKand Vak

I like Dubois but talk about a serious overpayment. Like a massive overpayment. Three firsts + Krejci + Vaakanainen? Boston will go in the gutter with this trade and have zero way out unless they strike big on later round picks. While Columbus coul reap huge benefits. Imagine this trade happened and Boston still falls off the map. No thanks.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I like Dubois but talk about a serious overpayment. Like a massive overpayment. Three firsts + Krejci + Vaakanainen? Boston will go in the gutter with this trade and have zero way out unless they strike big on later round picks. While Columbus coul reap huge benefits. Imagine this trade happened and Boston still falls off the map. No thanks.
We would have a number 1 center for a long time. We won’t miss DK. Who knows about Vak and in most likelihood three late firsts. This organization drafts so good in round 2. We give up firsts for guys like Jagr, Nash. Give them up for a 22 yo first line center. We keep our best prospect in Jack. We really don’t give up a big piece for a legit first rounder who already has shown he shows up in the playoffs. Hey I love firsts. But to get this guy I’m all in.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We would have a number 1 center for a long time. We won’t miss DK. Who knows about Vak and in most likelihood three late firsts. This organization drafts so good in round 2. We give up firsts for guys like Jagr, Nash. Give them up for a 22 yo first line center. We keep our best prospect in Jack. We really don’t give up a big piece for a legit first rounder who already has shown he shows up in the playoffs. Hey I love firsts. But to get this guy I’m all in.

Three late firsts? Rask potentially walks at the end of the season. If you go into a season without him and just Halak, you're not guaranteeing a late first for the next three years. Even with Rask, have you seen the defense? It's exciting but the Bruins could literally finish anywhere this year and as guys age, could finish anywhere the next three years. It's too risky to be giving up your future. There is way too much parity in the NHL now to make that trade.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Also if you think we could fall off the map with this trade. We will(could) fall off the earth in two years if we don’t. I would guarantee you a lot of CBJ fans wouldn’t do this deal.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Three late firsts? Rask potentially walks at the end of the season. If you go into a season without him and just Halak, you're not guaranteeing a late first for the next three years. Even with Rask, have you seen the defense? It's exciting but the Bruins could literally finish anywhere this year and as guys age, could finish anywhere the next three years. It's too risky to be giving up your future. There is way too much parity in the NHL now to make that trade.
Ya good points. I believe with PLD Bergeron , Coyle, Stud at center we look good. I agree about Rask and a good point. Let’s hope he stays if not there will be some good goalies available because of the expansion draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Also if you think we could fall off the map with this trade. We will(could) fall off the earth in two years if we don’t. I would guarantee you a lot of CBJ fans wouldn’t do this deal.

That's fine. I couldn't care less what CBJ fans would/wouldn't do. Last time I checked, they don't run their team :laugh:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Since 2014 the Bruins have selected the following players in the first round:

Pasta, DeBrusk, Zboril, Senyshyn, McAvoy, Frederic and Vaakaneinen.

All but one of those guys is playing games for the team this year. I really don’t want to give up more picks for a few years, they need some guys coming up as Pasta and McAvoy start priming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad