Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp II

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Not sure about your guys but I would give up 3 firsts in this trade. Especially if we could keep Stud. I would trade any prospects for him. We will be fighting great centres for the next 5-7 years. He is a game changer, Don it’s time. Do it.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I hate Tortorella. Every 3 years people seem to alternate between loving and him and hating him, but I double down on the hate. Pompous, disrespectful to his players and the media, acts like he's Bob Probert tough but looks like he'd shit his pants if anyone ever called him out for his act. Worst of all his act wears thin, either he loses the team or he loses the star players.

i dont hate him, but he is a dick.

"I look at conflict differently … everybody gets all excited about arguments and this and that, what happened on the bench," Tortorella said. "I think it's so healthy because then I think you have the two individuals in the middle of that being honest with one another. And I think that that's a really good thing in developing a hockey player.
"Now 'Luc' may not think that. Sometimes these players, especially today's athletes, think, 'You're too hard on me, you're picking on me,' and this and that. Maybe it's too hard for him. I don't know. I haven't been given a reason why he wants to leave. He certainly hasn't said it to me that 'I don't want to play for you.'
"I think if that's the reason he should tell me, and he should really basically get in front of it and get up out of here. That's just the way I think you should do business in this stuff here. There's no sense of people trying to figure out what's going on. Let's get in front of it here and get about our business and try to be the best team we can be."

Reactions: PlayMakers

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Torts is a tough but fair coach. It’s too bad it’s come to this but apparently Pierre Luc won’t be forthcoming about his grievances.

It’s now on Sweeney to exploit the situation.
Sweeney ??........in on PLD ?. has this been reported ?. Because, i find it very hard to believe.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Not sure about your guys but I would give up 3 firsts in this trade. Especially if we could keep Stud. I would trade any prospects for him. We will be fighting great centres for the next 5-7 years. He is a game changer, Don it’s time. Do it.
Colombus need a center if they trade Dubois and Bruins should send Krejci ad Vaakanein and a picks...dont think Colombus gonna bite

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Colombus need a center if they trade Dubois and Bruins should send Krejci ad Vaakanein and a picks...dont think Colombus gonna bite

agree. We have a weak prospect pool so don’t have the capital to do it

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Anyone thinking he can be a bruins has to be NUTS
They should at least try. If they do nothing in a few years Stud will be the #1 center, with Coyle as the 2nd. There is no Bergy or Krech that I see ready in 3 to 5 years in the system. Even if they drafted a blue chipper next year, the kid will be 5 years away. To do that they need to draft in the top 5 spots. They have to look outside. Dubois wants out and they are dealing from a position of weakness, explore it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It has to be $$$...90% of the time, that's what it is.

He just signed a new 2yr deal. Its just a real strange situation to be honest. He's a 22yr old kid and we've never heard about him having issues with the organization. They haven't been an amazing team, but they've made the playoffs in every season he's been on the team.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'd think it starts with DeBrusk + Studnicka in a deal for PLD
If that is what it takes it should be dome immediately. I would be curious how GM's look at DeBrusk. Same age as PLD so maybe he and Studnicka get Columbus listening. Probably costs a D prospect as well or a first.

Sadly everyone should realize Sweeney will "be in on it" but really do nothing. Between he and Chiarelli's "hard to make trades" and both with "the prices were too high" they have covered most of the excuses available to GM's.

Pitt, Tampa, Washington, Vegas or St, Louis will find a way to add PLD while the Bruins, as always, look on like the little kid looking through the window of a shop at things his parents won't buy for him and then say they were successful because they had more days in first place than anybody.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i dont hate him, but he is a dick.

"I look at conflict differently … everybody gets all excited about arguments and this and that, what happened on the bench," Tortorella said. "I think it's so healthy because then I think you have the two individuals in the middle of that being honest with one another. And I think that that's a really good thing in developing a hockey player.
"Now 'Luc' may not think that. Sometimes these players, especially today's athletes, think, 'You're too hard on me, you're picking on me,' and this and that. Maybe it's too hard for him. I don't know. I haven't been given a reason why he wants to leave. He certainly hasn't said it to me that 'I don't want to play for you.'
"I think if that's the reason he should tell me, and he should really basically get in front of it and get up out of here. That's just the way I think you should do business in this stuff here. There's no sense of people trying to figure out what's going on. Let's get in front of it here and get about our business and try to be the best team we can be."
he`s and old school coach in a game that employs players who don`t buy into that way or at least they don`t for a long time.

Always felt he and Babcock are two of the most over rated coaches out there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad