Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp II

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If McAvoy goes down for any extended period, it will be hard to overcome.

I've said before I'm not a fan of Gryz on PP Unit 1. I don't think he has the offensive chops to succeed in that role, especially given how reliant the Bruins are on the 1st unit being successful. I want my best offensive D-man on that unit, and to me that's McAvoy and it's not even close.

Maybe I'm just old-school and don't like micro-managing a skater's minutes and if I'm a coach and I have a clear-cut No.1 D man on my team, I'm rolling that guy out there as often as possible in all situations.
I agree where you're coming from BD, but the thing is McAvoy has yet to play a full healthy season without missing some games. He is now being counted on for the first time in his career to be THE guy, I think it makes sense to manage his minutes a bit to start at least - if the PK or PP faulters he will be the first guy on the list to be stepping in.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
He's a Habs fan , f*** him . He should call it dumb predictions not bold.

Most bold predictions don't pan out, that's why they're called bold predictions. Otherwise they'd be called likely predictions.
Yeah don't really hate the guy, but he does come off as the type to throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks, I don't think of him anything like some others that seem to know their stuff.

Reactions: JOKER 192

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't get this mentality. So Gryz will be 2nd pair, on the PK, and on the 1st unit PP. Meanwhile your No.1 D-man in McAvoy won't kill penalties and is 2nd unit PP (which gets roughly 35% of the PP time after Unit 1).

To me, it makes more sense to have either McAvoy killing penalties and on PP 2, or have him on PP 1 if he's not on the PK.

Me, I'd have him on PP 1 and kill penalties. He's suppose to be a top end No.1 D-man for a reason. I'd be hitching my wagon to that horse if I'm Cassidy. Why reduce your No.1 D-man (by far IMO) to basically only even strength play?

I agree. It struck me as odd that McAvoy wasn't going to be one of the first penalty killers. Especially since, like you said, he's not on the 1st power play.

Reactions: BruinDust

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't get this mentality. So Gryz will be 2nd pair, on the PK, and on the 1st unit PP. Meanwhile your No.1 D-man in McAvoy won't kill penalties and is 2nd unit PP (which gets roughly 35% of the PP time after Unit 1).

To me, it makes more sense to have either McAvoy killing penalties and on PP 2, or have him on PP 1 if he's not on the PK.

Me, I'd have him on PP 1 and kill penalties. He's suppose to be a top end No.1 D-man for a reason. I'd be hitching my wagon to that horse if I'm Cassidy. Why reduce your No.1 D-man (by far IMO) to basically only even strength play?

Cassidy needs to divide PP time more evenly between the 2 PP units. It has been lopsided in favor of PP team #1 for a long time.

Reactions: HustleB

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I still enjoy that on rerun but I hate that they cut down each show. Also, although I understand why she "pulled her ear to signal to her kids" and the Tarzan Call that she did was repetitious and goofballish... Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence, Lyle Waggoner, and Harvey Korman were incredibly talented.
"As The Stomach Turns" is/was classic TV!

That and the take off on "Gone With The Wind" :biglaugh:

Sadly Carol & Vicki Lawrence are the only cast members still living.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
In comparison to whom?

To the Leafs of course....

Thornton, Spezza, Simmonds.....you could call them the Demolitions!
latest

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yet Frank Seravelli in his 31 predictions has the B's missing the playoffs, hope he is wrong.

We took a step back but our core 5 players are still among (if not the) best in the league. Supporting cast especially at forward is great. Defense is a HUGE question, they will have growing pains, but we do have 1st/2nd pairing anchors in Carlo and McAvoy. Rask is a top 3 goalie in the league.

Lot of question marks but I think the division still goes through us. It’s a tough division and every game is crucial but it’d be a huge upset to not make the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

laxdoc

Sep 30, 2007
Cassidy said PK will be a combination of Carlo, Gryz, Miler and Lauzon. Said Lauzon "has to kill penalties if he's gong to play there." Also said he'd like to rest McAvoy a bit on PK's so they don't wear him out.
OK, well I had assumed McAvoy would be PK1 if he was not on the PP. So do they keep Griz and Carlo as PK1? In they past they had no problems mixing pairs on the PK, so I wonder if Miller/Carlo would be an option as PK1 if they are the best PK tandem. Griz/Lauzon as PK2? hmmm

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Lightning? Avalanche? Leafs? Our Stanley Cup, awards picks
Stanley Cup champion

The new playoff format -- where the final four is re-seeded by regular season points percentage -- could yield some "dream matchups" in the Cup Final. Here are our picks for the eventual champ:
Sean Allen: Avalanche
Ben Arledge: Golden Knights
Pierre Becquey: Maple Leafs
Sachin Chandan: Bruins
Linda Cohn: Golden Knights
Dimitri Filipovic: Avalanche
Emily Kaplan: Capitals
Tim Kavanagh: Golden Knights
Don La Greca: Avalanche
Victoria Matiash: Avalanche
Barry Melrose: Avalanche
Arda Ocal: Maple Leafs
Chris Peters: Golden Knights
Greg Wyshynski: Maple Leafs

Sachin Chandan whoever that is certainly thinks so also :thumbu:

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Stanley Cup champion

The new playoff format -- where the final four is re-seeded by regular season points percentage -- could yield some "dream matchups" in the Cup Final. Here are our picks for the eventual champ:

Greg Wyshlfulthinkingski right there

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Stanley Cup champion

It's in code, their real name is spelled out backwards and is revealed as Nadnahc Nihcas. I hope that clears up
any confusion!:confused::rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1