2021 Sharks @ World Championships

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
There were a few that were verbally upset that deboer was replaced by boughner. Wasn't couture another that said something to the media about being upset that deboer was being let go?
I don’t think anyone aside from us was happy that DeBoer got canned but Couture was an outspoken advocate of Boughner coming back to SJ prior to the 2019-20 season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Donato put a cherry on top with a bomb from the blueline in USA win over Kazakhstan.

Sorenson (Sweden) vs Switzerland on now. Broke his stick and rushed over to the bench to get a new twig and then had a great SOG.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Pretty cool to see Ferraro leading Canada in TOI so far today

Ferraro is being used in an extremely defensive role. He was the go-to shutdown guy and I think he’s played fairly well so far.

I don’t think I could dream up a pair of under-the-radar wingers that would fit better on Hertl’s wing than Max Comtois and Gabe Vilardi. I would kill to get Comtois in particular, he’s just a monster of a player, and he’d be insane with Hertl.

DisbeliefInDW

May 12, 2021
Ferraro is being used in an extremely defensive role. He was the go-to shutdown guy and I think he’s played fairly well so far.

I don’t think I could dream up a pair of under-the-radar wingers that would fit better on Hertl’s wing than Max Comtois and Gabe Vilardi. I would kill to get Comtois in particular, he’s just a monster of a player, and he’d be insane with Hertl.

Comtois is awesome. Extremely inconsistent, but when he's on hes fun to watch. As soon as I saw him size up Simek I was sold.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Comtois is awesome. Extremely inconsistent, but when he's on hes fun to watch. As soon as I saw him size up Simek I was sold.

Seriously a bummer that he plays for the Ducks. I’d still take Ferraro over him, but it feels extremely bad that he got drafted one spot after where we could have picked him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Seriously a bummer that he plays for the Ducks. I’d still take Ferraro over him, but it feels extremely bad that he got drafted one spot after where we could have picked him.
IIRC Ferraro was a bit of a reach at the time so he probably could've been had a little later in the draft. But if Ferraro was their guy, no sense in gambling on him being available.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
IIRC Ferraro was a bit of a reach at the time so he probably could've been had a little later in the draft. But if Ferraro was their guy, no sense in gambling on him being available.

You’d be right, he was ranked #81 overall by Mackenzie for the 2017 NHL draft. Probably could have got him later than #49, but we didn’t pick again until #102 and if you are really zeroing in on a guy, it’s not worth it to trade back and maybe pick up a 5th rounder for your troubles and then maybe miss your guy.

The irony, of course, is that Comtois was picked with one of the 2nd rounders that we gave to Toronto for f***ing Nick Spaling and Roman Polak. The trade that keeps on giving!

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
tenor.gif

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Meier proving the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots in san jose.
Seriously? Maybe more like Meier proving that he's an unprofessional child or that he's finally playing with some talent on the Swiss team? Maybe a little of both? Kane, who previous staffs have had difficulties reigning in, had a career year, Hertl's scoring rate was nearly what it was 2 years ago when he set a career high, Ferraro developed into a top defenseman for the team. So did Knyzhov frankly. Gamby looked like a useful NHL player despite playing too high in the lineup. Maybe the blame for a players game should go to the player especially when they've already shown what they are capable of. From my perspective I think it's a little bit of him losing focus and motivation in the 2nd half and the lack of consistent talent around him that did him no favors. He was fine in the first half of the season for the most part. There was a point toward the middle of the season where Meier was on a 55 to 60 point scoring pace which is more than fine considering who he was playing with and how much Hertl struggled the first half of the season. The 2nd half he struggled when he was saddled with an injured Couture and Balcers didn't bring much to the table offensively over that time frame. Couture did an admirable job as captain this season but if they had any depth he should have sat so he could heal. Playing injured just made him and his line mates ineffective.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL Shark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad