Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
As much as I hate the Panthers, mad respect, well built playoff team. Not a lot of weaknesses. They just physically wear teams downs. You can't do that for 82 games, but in the playoffs it's a must.
It's what we did to Vancouver in 2011(plus Thomas the Tank Engine in net).

The league likes finesse until the playoffs. Most high powered offenses, without grit go out before the Finals.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As a Bruins and hockey fan

Bruins look cooked

If the Bruins win series after last 2 games I’ll be stunned

Florida v Rangers looks super interesting

Rangers fans will take over Florida arena - many already live there so they will get their tickets

Bruins had a good to very good year and foundation in place to get another 100-110 points

They need a few things but have money and guys like lohrei Poitras etc who will add to group

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bruins have most points since Sweeney been GM in league

He signed Lucic not realizing he would not only assault his wife but not live up to his I won’t let you down when they brought him back and wanted to be a leader

there is 0.0 chance Sweeney gets fired

This was a bridge year - many Brujnd fans here are super charged and emotional who after every loss want to either jump off a bridge or throw everyone off it

I have only read a couple posts but even with series still on a bit you will find emotionally fragile people calling for get rid of everyone

It’s so Bruins fans

The real softies are Bruins fans
I wouldn’t say fragile. Just a little pissed at what I was seeing. Maybe, maybe the beer goggles were out last night. Not fun seeing them Bruin the Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff and Secord

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Hopefully the Celtics learn this lesson and put their foot on the gas against the Cavs.

They let the Heat series go 5 and you don’t want to let this Cavs series go 6 or 7.

It’s about saving something in the tank for the last third of the marathon when the miles start to catch up with you.
Boston caught huge breaks with Nylander and Matthews injured.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
This was a bridge year - many Brujnd fans here are super charged and emotional who after every loss want to either jump off a bridge or throw everyone off it

Bahahhahahaa - well I’ll admit it that’s me in my living room! So true. And also it’s so hard to win the a cup that every year is a different kettle of fish as my Dad used to say. Some good you talent as you said for next year in nets, D and forward. Reset and reload to support it. They do look gassed and played lots of hockey the last 3 weeks.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
One comment about this series, why isn't Wotherspoon in over Forbort? Just as good on PK, faster, tougher. JMHO
1. No games before being put into an physically intense series.
2.Wotherspoon earned his ice time all year.
3. Has a decent chemistry with Peeke, from the short time they were allowed to be the 3rd pair
4. Oh and Forbort sucks. Most people here complained when they gave him a multi year 3M contract

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They’re a finesse team.

Yes, they’ve avoided the rebuild that many, including me, have been calling for.

But they’ve also apparently hit their ceiling.
Very good regular season team, but in the 2nd echelon of NHL clubs and not a legitimate Cup contender.

And that’s all fine, but what’s the path?

They’ve got some more retooling to do this summer. They need a dynamic center and they also need to upgrade at scoring wing.

They need some more grit as well.
Time for Swayman to take the reins in net, but you’ve also got to pay him so the money saved from moving Ullmark will be used up quickly.

This season has already constituted a success for me.

I can’t say I’ll be disappointed if they lose to a better Florida team.
They can start by trading Zacha and use that to pay for 75% of resign DeBrusk.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Beecher 5v5: 1 goal for 6 goals against
Debrusk 5v5: 2 goals for 6 goals against

Next worse forward is maroon who has been on the ice for 2 goals for and 4 goals against.

One comment about this series, why isn't Wotherspoon in over Forbort? Just as good on PK, faster, tougher. JMHO
1. No games before being put into an physically intense series.
2.Wotherspoon earned his ice time all year.
3. Has a decent chemistry with Peeke, from the short time they were allowed to be the 3rd pair
4. Oh and Forbort sucks. Most people here complained when they gave him a multi year 3M contract

Both peeke and forbort were a disaster last night. Id go back to Wotherspoon and shattenkirk

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I really don’t understand why so many fans are so mad game after game.

The lineup was cobbled together last offseason after “going for it” and being left with next to no cap space. And yet they still were competing for the President’s trophy until the last week of the season and once again stabbed the Leafs through the heart.

Now is the time as a fan to just sit back and relax. So many players are playing in a spot in the lineup above their abilities. That in turn is adding pressure to the back end. “Stars” like McAvoy and Pastrnak are trying to carry extremely heavy loads and guys like Morgan Geekie are matching up against players so much higher in skill level.

What’s happening now should not be surprising to anyone. It should be logical. And yet, even then, they’re only down two games to one. Who the f*** knows? Maybe a miracle occurs. For God’s sake, try to enjoy it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Beecher is a player that I would like to see bring more. Has great size and speed. hope he just has to learn it more effectively . He seems to play so tentatively. Hoping as he gets more confident he will learn to use these great assets more effectively.
Beecher lacks offensive IQ and couple that with at best average puck skills he is a good 4th line defensive forward.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

The lineup was cobbled together last offseason after “going for it” and being left with next to no cap space. And yet they still were competing for the President’s trophy until the last week of the season and once again stabbed the Leafs through the heart.

Now is the time as a fan to just sit back and relax. So many players are playing in a spot in the lineup above their abilities. That in turn is adding pressure to the back end. “Stars” like McAvoy and Pastrnak are trying to carry extremely heavy loads and guys like Morgan Geekie are matching up against players so much higher in skill level.

What’s happening now should not be surprising to anyone. It should be logical. And yet, even then, they’re only down two games to one. Who the f*** knows? Maybe a miracle occurs. For God’s sake, try to enjoy it.

Because not everyone subscribed to your made up / built in excuse that this year is a throwaway year because they went for it last year.

Some people look at last year as a choke and this year as us barely getting past a very injured toronto team.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH

Spot on, we're not used to seeing panic instead of compete. Everything is rushed(probably because FLA is taking time and space away). Considering the way the 3 regular season games went, I at least expected competitive games, not theses debacles.

I'm going tomorrow night and celebrating a highly entertaining and surprising season.
This is an important off season, spend wisely and turn over the roster in the right places.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Beecher lacks offensive IQ and couple that with at best average puck skills he is a good 4th line defensive forward.

I know he gets a lot of defensive zone shifts, but he’s tied with Debrusk for worst among forwards with 6 goals against 5v5.

Needs to be better.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
4th line needs to be Bouquist, Lauko and Beecher, speed, good sticks and motor. Scratch Maroon, and we need Heinen back.

Put Shattenkirk in and maybe we can get a PP goal.

Have to score first against this team.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I share your pain.

Neely by design is supposed to be the public face of ownership but 7 years ago he stopped his weekly visit with Felger and Mazz as they pushed him.

Neely then decided the coach was the one who had to deal with the media.

I have typed this many times and I will do it again......... If Sweeney was fired another NHL team would hire him. If Cam was fired what team would hire him?
I been told be a very very very smart hockey guy if the Bruins fired Sweeney the Islanders would be dancing in the streets and welcome him and his operation

Maybe we can swap Donny for Lou

BWAHAHAHAH

Did anyone see Pasta's hand get glasses? It was in the third. He had a big bag of ice on his hand.
We don’t care about him - he’s soft

We want tough guys

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
the Bruins losses are offset by Jake DeBrusk being the Bruins best player

Donnie - pay da man

On the power play ya. He’s been a disaster 5v5.

He’s been on the ice for 2 goals for and 6 goals against. Only forward that has a worse ratio has been Beecher at 1 GF and 6 GA.

It’s actually a complete reversal of what he was during the regular season where he was bad on the PP but good 5v5

Reactions: Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I haven't read through the whole thread. Yes, I am sad and disappointed that the last two games have been crushing. Leafs fans must be even more depressed and livid watching this. Imagine!

I enjoy Lauko, he has so much heart. I am very happy he got his first playoff goal. The game was turning and I had hope they would tie it but then that asinine penalty on him was called and there went the chance of coming back. So much for a fairly called game, once again. The 4 min minor was legit and that burned them.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. There are miracles, Mother Nature showed us this in our own backyard last night - double solar flare I was posting about gave us the gift. Maybe it is a sign of good things to come. The Universe rocks!

1715427879569.jpeg

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Panthers= 74 Philly Flyers South. Kachook= Clarke, Barkov=MacLeish, Verhaeghe=Barber, Bennett=Schultz, Saleski, Kelly hybrid. But Bob isn't Bernie, there's a "Space for Rent" sign in the top corners of the net. Trouble is you can't use it if you only get 8 shots on net or whatever it was through 2 periods. Have to come out like they did after going down 4 in the 3rd. If they can spend more time in the O zone like in Gm 1 they can check out the room in the top corner.
Have to find a way to get through the neutral zone to do it though. Do that and spend more time in their end and less in the penalty box . Not an easy task especially without 63 but it's the only way. And stay with Sway.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad