2021 Sharks @ World Championships

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sasha looks really good so far. Better than Labanc and Donato for sure. He should get a real NHL shot next season.

Cool that Owen Power seems to be getting a regular shift so far. He seems a little unsure but he doesn’t look out of place and I’ve liked him quite a bit. He’s more aggressive than I thought he would be and he is an excellent skater for a 6’6” guy. He’s gonna be scary when he gets his man strength.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It seems as if when guys play with the Sharks they are stifled as opposed to their performances in international and overseas play.

They f***ed up big time when they started to use him as the next Melker Karlsson. Lean has plenty of scoring touch.

Roy Sommer and Tim Burke need to be fired into the sun ten years ago.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Roy Sommer and Tim Burke need to be fired into the sun ten years ago.

How sommer still has a head coaching job with a ahl team that is affiliated with an nhl club is beyond me. Who was the last prospect he groomed to be an actual impact player in the nhl?

Couture and pavelski were the last real ones to come up and do anything of merit at this point so far that i can think of and both had less then a season under sommer.

Reactions: tealzamboni

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
How sommer still has a head coaching job with a ahl team that is affiliated with an nhl club is beyond me. Who was the last prospect he groomed to be an actual impact player in the nhl?

Couture and pavelski were the last real ones to come up and do anything of merit at this point so far that i can think of and both had less then a season under sommer.

Doug likes guys he can control. Results, competence and qualifications have nothing to do with it. Maybe there's another son or perhaps nephew he can bring into the org this offseason.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

It's mostly because they seem to take pride in all the NHL games they've gotten out of the players who played for their AHL affiliates. Of course that's totally flawed reasoning because playing games isn't the same as providing significant value.

To answer your first question, I don't know, maybe Cheechoo.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Timo Meier has 3 goals in 2 games at the Worlds so far. Today he scored the GWG on a beautiful zone entry & pass by Nico Hischier, dekeing a defenseman and letting rip a laser of a shot: gorgeous goal.
As a fun note, Timo has three times the amount of goals that the entire Canada team has. :D

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Timo Meier has 3 goals in 2 games at the Worlds so far. Today he scored the GWG on a beautiful zone entry & pass by Nico Hischier, dekeing a defenseman and letting rip a laser of a shot: gorgeous goal.
As a fun note, Timo has three times the amount of goals that the entire Canada team has. :D
100% guarantee we will not see this version of Timo in the NHL next year.

DisbeliefInDW

May 12, 2021
Doesn't look like any of the USA guys are impressing, at least on the scoreboard. Man is that Robertson guy a hell of a player. Impressed the shit out of me in the few Dallas games I watched.

At least it seems like Timo might request a trade to NJ to play with his buddy. Definitely wouldn't mind that.

Reactions: themelkman

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Meier has the potential to be great for us long term. I think he needs to figure out how to translate that into the regular season and own that spot as a leader on the team. As long as he's a passenger with us he's going to just be okay .

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Dude I just saw the stat line for that Switzerland vs Denmark game....Denmark had 4 shots on goal.........in the entire game.....wtf
Switzerland never let up. It was warp speed for 60 minutes. The Danish players literally had someone in their face within a fraction of a second. I have been watching hockey since 1978 and I have never seen anything like this before in any game.

PS that 4 shots against in a whole game is a IIHF record at the World's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad