2021 Sharks @ World Championships

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It’s easy to be annoyed with Timo for playing so well at the Worlds after he seemed so disinterested with the Sharks this year, and I am too, but this is a prime example of why selling low on Timo would be a horrible idea. He’s immensely talented. He isn’t a player you trade unless you’re getting good value for him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It’s easy to be annoyed with Timo for playing so well at the Worlds after he seemed so disinterested with the Sharks this year, and I am too, but this is a prime example of why selling low on Timo would be a horrible idea. He’s immensely talented. He isn’t a player you trade unless you’re getting good value for him.

Doesn’t matter if he doesn’t want to be here.

Reactions: Bowie22 and stator

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Guys, screw all of that nonsense and get the Danish coach so Ehler will sign here.

Nikoloaj EhlerS? (Under contract until 2025.)
Lars Eller? (Under contract until 2023.)

(Or did you mean American Matt Eller? He's not scheduled to graduate until next summer.)

Have to wonder if Korenar will join Czech team now that Barracuda have been eliminated from AHL playoffs.

Reactions: Sandisfan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
If we're taking notice of his obvious high level of play at worlds, you can bet your ass the coaching staff, his Sharks teammates at top brass are too.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Guys, screw all of that nonsense and get the Danish coach so Ehler will sign here.

"Danish hockey is so undervalued right now. Underlying metrics indicate that the Danes should have won 4-1. With our incredible farm and system, this man can take us to the playoffs."
- Sharks brain trust

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Somehow, I don’t see DW as the type to give in to a pouting, whiny player’s demands. :laugh:

I somehow doubt it would be his first time. It wouldn't be about giving in to a player's demands. It would be about doing what's best for the team. Keeping on an unmotivated selfish player making a lot of money is not good for the team.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I haven't heard too many interviews from Meier but he doesn't strike me as a selfish guy with the intention of being a bad player on purpose. Maybe he thinks his way is better which can be considered selfish I suppose, which is probably something that gets him in trouble with BB, but I don't believe he is selfish to the degree that he doesn't care about his teammates or the fans. At least I hope not.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I haven't heard too many interviews from Meier but he doesn't strike me as a selfish guy with the intention of being a bad player on purpose. Maybe he thinks his way is better which can be considered selfish I suppose, which is probably something that gets him in trouble with BB, but I don't believe he is selfish to the degree that he doesn't care about his teammates or the fans. At least I hope not.

He is not happy with the coaching change at all, which for sure means he is not going to buy into the new coaches system until it changes to suit his game better.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
He did have that one interview over the summer where he seemed peeved by DeBoer getting fired. He doesn’t seem like he’s having fun when he’s playing for the Sharks which I guess is fair because it’s not particularly fun watching them play.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He did have that one interview over the summer where he seemed peeved by DeBoer getting fired. He doesn’t seem like he’s having fun when he’s playing for the Sharks which I guess is fair because it’s not particularly fun watching them play.

There were a few that were verbally upset that deboer was replaced by boughner. Wasn't couture another that said something to the media about being upset that deboer was being let go?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
There were a few that were verbally upset that deboer was replaced by boughner. Wasn't couture another that said something to the media about being upset that deboer was being let go?
Juicy is a fan of boogies

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Agreed. Unless he's bringing back a franchise center he's not a guy you get rid of. Better to find a way to properly motivate him.
Odd that one of his best stretches of the season was when Gambrell was his center.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Keeping on an unmotivated selfish player making a lot of money is not good for the team.

giphy.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad