Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah not concerned. I mean look at Boston`s Top 6. I’d take Pasta and the Rat any day of the week to add to this Ducks abysmal offense.

Like all of his production is coming from him playing on a stacked PP1. It's likely not all that different, he's a complimentary player being used like one with a very good group. The timing there just didn't work out, he might've been a staple with Getzlaf and Perry if he came along in their primes.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
When a worldly talent like zegras, is tearing it up, you give him his shot. You don’t risk him being pissed off at the organization for not giving him a shot ( like others in his draft class have gotten )

There's definitely a point where it's counter productive to keep him in the AHL, and although I think we aren't at that point yet, he has done everything they've asked and played quite well. This is the kind of award that typically follows.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Unless he tears it up, he should only get a few games. A few games in the NHL will not hurt his development. It might make him try harder after he gets his cup of Joe and it gives management a chance to see where he is at in terms of being NHL ready.

Comparing this to Ritchie is hilarious, Zegras is worlds better then where Ritchie was when he got called up

Reactions: Leonardo87
Oct 18, 2011
Ritchie's increased production in Boston is at the very least concerning at the moment. We will have to see if it continues, but right now it further makes me wonder about Anaheim's ability to develop and deploy forward talent.
We see it with our own eyes. When Boudreau was coach we had a 4 line offensive system in place and enough quality vets that we could plug kids in and live with the growing pains better because the vets could carry the team

Now we're in a place where we desperately need these kids to produce and it's not putting them in positions for success and we dont have the vets to score enough anymore.

It doesnt help that every other teams top 6 is just way better than ours

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
How did Mahura look out there? I saw he got a point but I did not saw the game.

I think Mahura was really good with the Gulls, and I think Drysdale was somewhat comparable. Perhaps it could serve as a projection of how Drysdale could look in the NHL right now.

Mahura looked ok. I think he was paired with Shat (at least on the shifts I noticed) which didn't exactly help him.

Nick Ritchie is killing it with Boston and should have never been traded especially for a mediocre useless Heiden
What a waste of a top line power forward
How many more dumb decisions will it take for Murray to get fired

(1) There is no reason to think Ritchie would be producing on the ducks; and (2) let's see if Ritchie keeps it up. He's shown flashes in the past and then regresses.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Put Zegras with Getzlaf. Getzy needs someone else with an ounce of offensive talent to be the primary puck carrier on his line, he can’t skate well enough to play that role anymore. I know Terry can be that guy but he and Getz just don’t have any chemistry.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Rico off team roster = Essentially via trade or bought out or whatever outlet, he’s probably not going to play another game with the ducks right ?

To be fair they don't list the taxi squad guys as it's own thing and the "in the system" page rarely gets updated. Could just be that. Won't be a buyout, even if they wanted to that can't happen until June.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Was Nielsen on waivers ? Thought I read that somewhere. Maybe a deal between Rico and him goes through with a lot of other minor assets evening out the value

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Put Zegras with Getzlaf. Getzy needs someone else with an ounce of offensive talent to be the primary puck carrier on his line, he can’t skate well enough to play that role anymore. I know Terry can be that guy but he and Getz just don’t have any chemistry.

Go with Zegras - Getz - Rakell ?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd go Jones Getzlaf Zegras or swap Comtois with Jones

or if you want to go all out put Rakell Getzlaf Zegras

Last edited:
Reactions: Goose of Reason

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd go Jones Getzlaf Zegras or swap Comtois with Jones

Comtois - Getzlaf - Zegras could be Very good and Z will have two guys with size who can knock people off the puck and create space. Like either Comtois or Rakell up there. two guys who will shoot. Maybe Z is the anti-venom for Rakell. Lol.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Nick Ritchie is killing it with Boston and should have never been traded especially for a mediocre useless Heiden
What a waste of a top line power forward
How many more dumb decisions will it take for Murray to get fired
Ritchie has 5G and 11 points, with 4G and 8 points on that stacked PP; meaning he has 1G 3A at even strength in 15 games. He is also a team worst -5 on a team where most players are in plus territory. I wouldn't say he's killing it; they've just found a useful home for him for now on the PP.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ritchie has 5G and 11 points, with 4G and 8 points on that stacked PP; meaning he has 1G 3A at even strength in 15 games. He is also a team worst -5 on a team where most players are in plus territory. I wouldn't say he's killing it; they've just found a useful home for him for now on the PP.

The -5 isn’t indicative of anything other than some horrible shooting luck at ES - the Bruins on ice shooting % with Ritchie on the ice is less than 4% which will only go up as the season goes on. Ritchies possession numbers are good and the team is generating far more chances when he’s on the ice than giving up at ES.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Our offense is do bad, any player who can get at or around a .50 PPG on this team would be like a .70 PPG or more on most other teams. Watching this Boston and Flyers game, it’s sure nice to see goals. Both my teams cannot score. So depressing. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad