Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Who is that.....

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Maybe its a part of some sort of unwritten "code" but I don't see why they need to warn him. He's been terrible and hopefully this wakes him up.

A little off topic but I know a guy who plays pro in Switzerland and in the off season his team keeps tabs on his workouts through his fitness watch. I wonder if they do any of that in the NHL? The Ducks had a long off season and I wonder sometimes what the guys did with all that time off.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbieboy3686
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Maybe its a part of some sort of unwritten "code" but I don't see why they need to warn him. He's been terrible and hopefully this wakes him up.

He's been benched multiple times and was even healthy scratched, that should constitute a warning. I don't think there's any kind of code, it's just a player upset he was waived, not much to see there.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He retracted what he said earlier, saying Rico was indeed informed this morning he was being waived. Could see it as Alberga misinterpreting "not being warned" as he wasn't informed at all, which would've been ridiculous and never would've happened, or was simply fed completely wrong info.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
NHL Buzz: Henrique placed on waivers by Ducks

"It's a tough day, he's not in this alone," Ducks coach Dallas Eakins said Saturday. "It's a day of great adversity, but this isn't a 'Give up, you're done here' either. If he's still with our organization, we and I are never going to ever give up on a guy."

"Let's be very clear on one thing, it's just not Adam," Eakins said. "We've had a number of players take great strides and are taking over the game. And we have a number of players that are, for whatever reason, we'll call it stuck in mud, and we can't really pinpoint it because we've got some guys that are doing very, very well. right now. And we have three or four that are stuck."

Oct 18, 2011
Nobody is going to claim him, so what's the goal here? To get him to wake up or to tell other teams we're open for business? If Henrique really is upset and wants out maybe he should play better

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'd like to know who Eakins thinks is doing "very, very well." Other than Gibson, and maybe Comtois and Lundestrom to some degree.

As would I. The only guy whose really exceeded expectations has been Comtois (who could easily go through one of his cold spells at any point). Lundestrom has improved quite a bit but even he’s not exactly lighting the league on fire.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Henrique looks like he didn't work out a single time in the off season and had a severe case of COV.

Reactions: duckpuck

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Assuming they re-sign Lindholm.
With the expansion draft they could expose Fowler, Manson, Henrique, Silf and they can only lose 1 of them to Seattle. This allows them save all the young Dmen and young forwards and only lose 1 of the veterans.

Protected in this scenario:
Steel, Lundestrom, Rakell, Jones, Milano, Heinen and Terry.
Lindholm, Larsson, Mahura.
Gibson.

Seattle picks 1 of: Fowler, Manson, Henrique, Silfverberg, Deslauriers.
If they lose Fowler they got LHD depth with Larsson and Mahura. If Manson is lost they can re-sign Hakanpaa.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I literally don't care about the expansion at all, if anyone goes I can careless at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->