2021 QMJHL Draft

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Reviewing the Ice Jam schedule. Some great match ups in the round robin. Should be a great chance to see these top kids face of against each other.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Does anyone have any insight on the Bantam AAA Teams from NL? M Rotondi , I would have expected him to rip up the league this year..stats not showing that. Maybe the league is strong? Not surprised by Strapp having a solid year.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Does anyone have any insight on the Bantam AAA Teams from NL? M Rotondi , I would have expected him to rip up the league this year..stats not showing that. Maybe the league is strong? Not surprised by Strapp having a solid year.

I'll let you in two weeks, will be seeing these teams play at IceJam, From what i have heard the league is VERY top heavy in regards to St Johns and TriCom are beyond better than the other 3 teams. Be interesting to see how they match against rest of Atlantic Canada.
My opinion they can compete with the good teams, but I don't think they are at that high end level. Bit of a weaker 05 group for NL with exception of Strapp/Rotondi couple others.

DaveMacScout

Nov 6, 2019
Based on recent results in PEI, I think you can throw any stats for their regular season out the door. These teams are getting beat easily in tournaments and interlocking so I would judge this group based on the Monctonian and the Icejam. A lot of scouts are calling it a AA league.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
Based on recent results in PEI, I think you can throw any stats for their regular season out the door. These teams are getting beat easily in tournaments and interlocking so I would judge this group based on the Monctonian and the Icejam. A lot of scouts are calling it a AA league.

Agreed, very weak league this year. Stats can be thrown out the window completely. Scores look more like football games.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
That's why I have been saying PEI should be joined with the NB league and interlocking games with NS same as what the major midget league does. Allows for teams to not play the same team 8 times in a year and can gauge the competition better! Been saying this now for 3-4 years and can't seem to get much traction with it ...

Reactions: NorthAmHockey

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
I’m not that supportive of interlocking between N.S. and NB at the Bantam level. It’s not really necessary and the tournaments and Atlantic’s serve that purpose. No need to push the extra travel and costs in my humble opinion. Instead I wish there was a requirement for each team every 2 years to compete out of Atlantic Canada to gauge the talent beyond the province. That will give more exposure to our kids outside of the region.

DaveMacScout

Nov 6, 2019
I seen top Bantam players from the Island play up with the Wild and Knights this year and they are not even close to being able to play underage. They really look out of place yet they light up the league in Bantam.

Reactions: IslandScouter

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Caught a few games over the last couple of days. Lochead on wearwell surprised me. He was not on my radar at all but looked really good. The gulls have an 06 player that is outstanding.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Clements was very good. I know overall went to Peddle. The awards all star lists vote had reputation play a big part I think. Hard to block that out when voting.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Disappointed in the all star selections for the most part. Scouts who select them are focused on Midget, so they are just a waste of time IMO. How does a Team lose 11-2 and look below average in 3 games and have 2 all star forward selections ...anyway I digress.
Peddle is outstanding no question
Rotondi, Martin and Clements on D were very good.
Gendron, Grant, Patterson, MacDonald stood out on their respective Teams over the weekend.
Leblanc in Net for Moncton was the near perfect all weekend

DaveMacScout

Nov 6, 2019
Peddle and Clements are in a league of their own. The Charlottetown team disappointed, most their top players had a poor tournament.

DaveMacScout

Nov 6, 2019
Arsenault and Coughlin were ineffective in the game I seen but I only spent a little bit of time on the Bantam division. Clements is powerful, hopefully he's smart enough when he doesn't have the strength advantage. Peddle was impressive as well.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Here is my top 20 so far from just the Maritimes, as I don't see enough quebec players.

1. Tyler Peddle - F - Novas - NS
2. Cam Squires - F - Central -PEI
3. Luke MacPhee - F - Cole Harbour - NS
*4. Mathieu Pelletier - F - BCS - NB
5. Justin Gendron - F - Moncton - NB
*6. Cam Henderson - F - Mt St Charles - NS
7. Noah Ryan - F - KV - NB
8. Brad Nadeau - F - Northwest - NB
9. Luke Patterson - F - Moncton - NB
10. Matteo Rotondi - D - St Johns - NL
11. Jack Flanagan - G - KV - NB
12. Luke Coughlin - D - Central - PEI
13. Cole Burbidge - F - Valley - NS
*14. Will Allen - F - BCS - NS
15. Micheal Strapp - F - St Johns - NL
16. Carter Richardson - G - Dartmouth - NS
17. Dylan Mackinnon - D - Dieppe - NB
18 .Tully Grant - F - Novas - NS
19. Nathan Mossey - D - Central - PEI
20. JP Boudreau - D - Dieppe - NB

HM : *J. Plandowski - F - NS, C.MacDonald - F - Eastern , B. Arsenault - F - Central , J.Todd - F - ACA ,*K. Thompson - G - OHA,

* - Player is currently playing out of province

Enjoy, Please don't take anything out of context, just simply a list from myself (A scout) that will obviously change as season progresses and I know all these kids are very talented players and will be fun to watch them progress over the next few years

Would you make any changes to this list post ice jam? Players move up or down? Additions?

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Would you make any changes to this list post ice jam? Players move up or down? Additions?

I mean it is so tough to change a player ranking based off a single game or even a couple games for that matter. I did watch a lot of the bantam division mainly because I really just enjoy watching that age group compete and have fun doing it! I was impressed by a lot of those guys on the list to be honest. Peddle was dominant but he got frusturated and let emotions get to him in the round of 16 game where they got eliminated. I actually thought Squires was good in the games I seen, he is so good at creating something out of nothing, skill level is above and beyond. Defensive side like a lot of these prospects needs work! Richardson out of dartmouth had a rough tournament for sure, gave up 5 against dieppe and 6 in his first outing. Tough for him playing on a weaker team who cannot score. Clements from eastern was very good as well, just so strong and very tough to knock off the puck. He can play wreckless though and at the midget level he won't be able to be all over the ice. Burbidge from the Valley was impressive, Gendron and Patterson from moncton very good as well.

Couple guys that stood out who were not on the list were Lochead with Wearwell. Saw him play a few games and he is a big strong kid who can play! Like his game a lot as well as Crosby and Wallace on that team, all big bodies who can skate and play the game hard and tough!
Kennedy from the Gulls and Shields out of the Valley were exceptional for first year players!

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I mean it is so tough to change a player ranking based off a single game or even a couple games for that matter. I did watch a lot of the bantam division mainly because I really just enjoy watching that age group compete and have fun doing it! I was impressed by a lot of those guys on the list to be honest. Peddle was dominant but he got frusturated and let emotions get to him in the round of 16 game where they got eliminated. I actually thought Squires was good in the games I seen, he is so good at creating something out of nothing, skill level is above and beyond. Defensive side like a lot of these prospects needs work! Richardson out of dartmouth had a rough tournament for sure, gave up 5 against dieppe and 6 in his first outing. Tough for him playing on a weaker team who cannot score. Clements from eastern was very good as well, just so strong and very tough to knock off the puck. He can play wreckless though and at the midget level he won't be able to be all over the ice. Burbidge from the Valley was impressive, Gendron and Patterson from moncton very good as well.

Couple guys that stood out who were not on the list were Lochead with Wearwell. Saw him play a few games and he is a big strong kid who can play! Like his game a lot as well as Crosby and Wallace on that team, all big bodies who can skate and play the game hard and tough!
Kennedy from the Gulls and Shields out of the Valley were exceptional for first year players!
I agree with the group from WearWell, some nice talent there for sure. I see them push for a provincial title down the stretch.
Macphee needs to work on his vision. Great power, but thinks the game poorly.
Patterson needs to work on his speed...but his hands, vision and work ethic are unreal.
Gendron is a late birth year which makes him even more impressive
Squires as you said can create. Hard to watch his 200 ft game but I am pretty sure that is more of a coaching strategy then his own game.
I was also very impressed with Burbidge. Great play maker and can score , effort is there as well.
Still not seeing much about Martin..watched him play opening game vs Bedford, he was the best player on the ice that game.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
As things settle in over the year I see these guys as the biggest movers:
* - Burbidge - I have him in the top 4.
* - Lochead - I have in the top 12
* - Gendron - I have in the top 4.
* - H. Clements - top 10
* - Rotondi - top 10
* - Todd - top 15
* - Wallace - top 15
* - There is a previously top 3 forward that is no longer in the top 20 as well.

Reactions: IslandScouter

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
As things settle in over the year I see these guys as the biggest movers:
* - Burbidge - I have him in the top 4.
* - Lochead - I have in the top 12
* - Gendron - I have in the top 4.
* - H. Clements - top 10
* - Rotondi - top 10
* - Todd - top 15
* - Wallace - top 15
* - There is a previously top 3 forward that is no longer in the top 20 as well.

Based on this , you have 2 guys in the top 4, 2 more guys have moved into your top 10. Things have changed for sure...so now round out your new top 10.

Last edited:

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Next up the bantams, but I won’t predict rounds because it’s a year and a half away. Silly to do that now with some barely even hitting growth spurts yet. I will basically pick an Atlantic team of the 2005 born kids, and this is not who I think will be in the Q two years from now, merely kids that are tops today.

Forwards
Brett Arsenault PE
Justin Gendron NB
Cameron Henderson NS
Caleb MacDonald PE
Samson Mayo NB
Luke McPhee NS
Bradly Nadeau NB
Tyler Peddle NS
Mathieu Pelletier NB
Noah Ryan NB
Cam Squires PE
Michael Strapp NF

Defence
Harry Clements PE
Luke Coughlin PE
Jake MacDonald NS
Dylan MacKinnon NB
Matteo Rotondi NF
Anton Topilnyckyj NB

Goal
Carter Richardson NS
Jack Flanagan NB

A few kids that could be there but haven’t seen lately:
Jonah MacDonald PE
Max Senter PE
Thomas Chafe NF
Salem Johnson NB
Kiefer Thompson PE

Enjoy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Next up the bantams, but I won’t predict rounds because it’s a year and a half away. Silly to do that now with some barely even hitting growth spurts yet. I will basically pick an Atlantic team of the 2005 born kids, and this is not who I think will be in the Q two years from now, merely kids that are tops today.

Forwards
Brett Arsenault PE
Justin Gendron NB
Cameron Henderson NS
Caleb MacDonald PE
Samson Mayo NB
Luke McPhee NS
Bradly Nadeau NB
Tyler Peddle NS
Mathieu Pelletier NB
Noah Ryan NB
Cam Squires PE
Michael Strapp NF

Defence
Harry Clements PE
Luke Coughlin PE
Jake MacDonald NS
Dylan MacKinnon NB
Matteo Rotondi NF
Anton Topilnyckyj NB

Goal
Carter Richardson NS
Jack Flanagan NB

A few kids that could be there but haven’t seen lately:
Jonah MacDonald PE
Max Senter PE
Thomas Chafe NF
Salem Johnson NB
Kiefer Thompson PE

Enjoy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For the most part absolutely, you are bang on with most of those guys there, I respectfully have to disagree with a few of those and im not sure if you have seen those kids play this year or are kind of just basing it off of word of mouth. I don't want to get to involved in it as its so early, but I think this draft class is going to grow over the next year to being a VERY talented and decently deep draft class ... Those forwards hard to argue maybe add Luke Patterson from moncton. On defence I have Nathan Mossey on that list. Goaltenders I like, don't let richardson numbers worry you. Max Sentner is a lost cause IMO, his off ice issues are too much.

I Like the list though, good job!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad