2021 QMJHL Draft

archie

Apr 5, 2018
I totally agree! However Alain from West & Sam Bowness East could be included

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Watched a few games on the live stream, always hard to get a good gauge of the play and skill via a stream. Looking a the scores and Teams in attendance, it’s hard to hand out too many awards Next up will be Provincials , where the cream will rise and the best players will have to step up!!

Reactions: archie

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Yeh, I find it much easier to evaluate live. One thing I've noticed more and more this year is after goals you get a lot of kids going to the refs to give their numbers. Anyone else noticing this more and more or am I just sensitive to it now? I've even watched a player who I penciled in to look at based recent stats as I didn't know him that well as he went to Private School last year and saw him steal points this way during the game. The refs don't really know the second assist every time and there is no official scorer etc. This is no doubt it's being done by the kid to pad stats on the website and it looks really bad on those kids and takes away from other kids at the same time for people who think the stats are close to accurate. I think I'm becoming an advocate of not keeping stats at Bantam because if they didn't, this behavior would disappear. You need them at Midget but that behavior wouldn't cut it there so much.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Yeh, I find it much easier to evaluate live. One thing I've noticed more and more this year is after goals you get a lot of kids going to the refs to give their numbers. Anyone else noticing this more and more or am I just sensitive to it now? I've even watched a player who I penciled in to look at based recent stats as I didn't know him that well as he went to Private School last year and saw him steal points this way during the game. The refs don't really know the second assist every time and there is no official scorer etc. This is no doubt it's being done by the kid to pad stats on the website and it looks really bad on those kids and takes away from other kids at the same time for people who think the stats are close to accurate. I think I'm becoming an advocate of not keeping stats at Bantam because if they didn't, this behavior would disappear. You need them at Midget but that behavior wouldn't cut it there so much.

This has long been part of the game. Chasing ref’s, modifications to score sheets after the game is over...assists given to star players, just because they were on the ice. All part of the politics around stats. An NB coach was removed from his position for modification of score sheets a few years back.
The cream will rise to the top.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Moncton Flyers had 3 Bantam aged kids in the line up over the weekend, they won both games easily by the look of the scores. One report I received was that all 3 played well and seen a regular shift.

Reactions: archie

PeiHockey456

Feb 2, 2020
My Spud top players
Forwards
Caleb MacDonald
Cam squires
Jonah MacDonald
Defence
Nathan Mossey
Harry Clements
Luke Coughlin
Goalie
Carter Richardson
Kale Hunter

DaveMacScout

Nov 6, 2019
Sorry guys but this year's edition of the Spud was a AA event, just like the whole PEI league. Hard to rate these players other than the Monctonian and Icejam. Based on that, Clements is the best, Jonah 2nd, and the remainder are 8-13 round picks in 2021.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Sorry guys but this year's edition of the Spud was a AA event, just like the whole PEI league. Hard to rate these players other than the Monctonian and Icejam. Based on that, Clements is the best, Jonah 2nd, and the remainder are 8-13 round picks in 2021.
Attack will win Provincials and will compete and hold their own at Atlantics. It always amazes me how they do it with little to know competition all season.

Agentmansam

Feb 8, 2020
Is there any chatter on Jack O’Blenis out of Dieppe? I watched him at ice jam, but he was very quiet. I did hear he was picked up by an agency after the Monctonian.

Was signed by momentum hockey who also has lefreniere

Back check

Feb 12, 2020
Are you guys scouts or parents ..... ? Seems like a lot of time invested in Bantam age kids.

Back check

Feb 12, 2020
Makes sense since these players- as good as they are said to be (by their parents) - have yet to play midget and really face the test. I am sure some will work out but as anyone who has been in hockey knows....for all but the few the real test is not getting to play midget or even drafted, it’s actually playing in the Q in a regular shift.

So maybe labelling a kid that has “peaked in Peewee” is a bit self serving and premature. Not every kid is ready or washed up by 14.

Last edited:

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Makes sense since these players- as good as they are said to be (by their parents) - have yet to play midget and really face the test. I am sure some will work out but as anyone who has been in hockey knows....for all but the few the real test is not getting to play midget or even drafted, it’s actually playing in the Q in a regular shift.

So maybe labelling a kid that has “peaked in Peewee” is a bit self serving and premature. Not every kid is ready or washed up by 14.
Part time Scout and parent.
As for scouting Bantam players, it’s a significant part of the job. Absolutely things change and Midget is a big step, but watching a player develop tells you so much more about a player then you might think. Personally..if a high end Bantam prospect is not making players around him better in Bantam..it’s a red flag for me

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
I suspect there are a few people who are agents, a few people who are scouts and a few parents of the players discussed I suspect as well. There are also coach/scouts from the scholastic world who have to take an interest at this age.

For the most part I think the discussion in these threads are kids that will play no more then 2 years in midget. 1 year for the very top end actually - of which there are few. Several kids in bantam will already have agents.

I try and hope I have not mentioned a kid by name as to being on drastic downward slope. If I did I would actually want to edit it - and they will probably prove me wrong too.

The best part of the thread and hockey is coming back in 3 years and laughing about how inaccurate we all were.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This year is very strong for the Maritime's......Tyler Peddle and Cam Squires will be the top 2 guys for the draft IMO...Justin Gendron, Luke Patterson, Brett Arsenault, Kiefer Thompson, Salem Johnson, Bradly Nadeau should all be top prospects from the Maritimes....with Luke McPhee, Ian Dickie, Jack Flanagan, Noah Ryan, Matteo Rotondi, Cole Burbidge and Nolan Fowler being great players for the draft as well if not pushing for 1st round especially Flanagan...

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Anyone taking in Granby this weekend. I see several of the top Quebec kids are there..as well as many Atlantic Teams...should be a good gauge for how guys like Squires, Arsenault, Ryan, Etc do vs Quebec Teams ...assuming they get to play them...looks more like the Spud Tournament.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Here is my final top 11 list for this year for the Atlantic Provinces:
1. Tyler Peddle
2. Justin Gendron
3. Cam Squires
4. Mathieu Pelletier
5. Noah Ryan
6. Brad Nadeau
7. Cole Burbidge
8. Harry Clements
9. Lane Lochead
10. Cameron Henderson
11. Luke Patterson
I'm not confident with the PEI picks because of the weaker teams. NS is very strong in 2005 in particular and NB is also and easier pick this year.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Here is my final top 11 list for this year for the Atlantic Provinces:
1. Tyler Peddle
2. Justin Gendron
3. Cam Squires
4. Mathieu Pelletier
5. Noah Ryan
6. Brad Nadeau
7. Cole Burbidge
8. Harry Clements
9. Lane Lochead
10. Cameron Henderson
11. Luke Patterson
I'm not confident with the PEI picks because of the weaker teams. NS is very strong in 2005 in particular and NB is also and easier pick this year.

Looks pretty solid. But why 11? Just curious..could you not go with 15.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
A lot of you are saying it's a very strong year for Maritimes…

In Granby, Maritimes teams have a combined record of 2-12 against Quebec teams.

22 goals FOR and 73 goals AGAINST.

Only 2 wins were against teams #20 and #21 in regular season.

Even Arsenal with only 1 win in regular season in 22+ games won all their games against Maritime teams.

Some players may look pretty good when the competition is not there. The evaluation then became less accurate. I'm not saying that those players are not good but Q's teams will select in their pool which include Quebec as well.

Reactions: Talking Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->