2021 QMJHL Draft

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Bradley Nadeau's IQ is off the charts...I would have him ahead of Squires, he plays a 200' game in a much stronger league. Martin , D man from Moncton is as complete a player as anyone in Altantic Canada, i have seem him play games with the Midget AAA Flyers and he looks great. Peddle is fantastic...but was more in line with the other talent at ACC and Monctonian when he faced good defenders. NS is a bit weaker than normall at the 05 level...but have some very highend 06's.
Good call on Nadeau as well. He a master out there. I've not seen Martin more then once to comment. The 06 that I consider the top 3 are all first 3 month of the year kids and to very early bloomers from what I can tell. They currently look good against the 05's which is good though. If one of them wasn't probably done growing then he would be the favorite going forward I think.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Hockey IQ....Nadeau, Squires, Patterson , Burbidge top my list. Gendron, Ryan, Rotondi (NFLD) and Peddle are all great power players at the Bantam AAA level for sure. On D, Martin , Coughlin, MacDonald, Clements, MacKinnon , Boudreau all very solid. Still early for this group...time will tell.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
I just don't know enough about the 06 players to comment, i did see Eastern Express play in monctonian and Evan Nicholson and Ross Campbell were both top players during that game and I found out afterwards both are 06 players.

I would actually say the 05 group overall is stronger then the 04 group. Maybe on the D side the 04 have a larger group of potential 1-6th rounders but I watched a lot of hockey over the last 2 months and this is as tight as an atlantic wide league that i have seen in years! Seems there is a lot of any team can beat anybody each night. Which is great for the game.

Also am a big fan of Martin from Moncton as well, good call on that one. Peddle is a man on a mission each shift, the knock ive heard is that at times he plays a very individual game, and when competition gets tough his level play lowers. But can't deny his speed, shot and size is putting him among the best.

I am doing up my pre christmas top 15 2005 born atlantic players later tonight actually. Stay tuned and don't heckle me too much as it is just my personal ranking from being a Coach, pro-Scout, hockey fan of 20+ years.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Looking forward to seeing that list. Always fun to compare notes. The next 12 months will be very interesting for the 05 group, as the landscape will change once they hit Major Midget. Ice Jam fast approaching as well...who’s the favourite heading into that event?

Reactions: rinkrattt111

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Looking forward to seeing that list. Always fun to compare notes. The next 12 months will be very interesting for the 05 group, as the landscape will change once they hit Major Midget. Ice Jam fast approaching as well...who’s the favourite heading into that event?

Honestly i'm not sure if there really is a favourite? I'd say Moncton would be the top team to this point, KV host of Atlantics has a very solid team with a top-end goalie. NS pretty wide open with The Novas and Bedford being my top 2, PEI has both Central and Eastern seem to be very good teams as well. NFLD not really sure how they fair up to competition as they are both destroying the NL bantam league. I love the IceJam and how they group teams together so the best play the best! Thats what people want to see so it will be a very entertaining tournament !!

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Here is my top 15 from Atlantic...based on what I have seen thus far, Weighted heavily on who can/will make an impact at Major Midget next year. No particular order
F’s
Ryan
Patterson
Peddle
Gendron
Nadeau
Pelletier (BCS)
Squires
MacDonald (Mount)
Rotondi (NFLD)

D’s
MacDonald
MacKinnon
Clements
Martin
Coughlin
Boudreau

Special mention to a few goalies
Richardson
Thompson (OHA)
Leblanc (Moncton)
Flanagan

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Here is my top 20 so far from just the Maritimes, as I don't see enough quebec players.

1. Tyler Peddle - F - Novas - NS
2. Cam Squires - F - Central -PEI
3. Luke MacPhee - F - Cole Harbour - NS
*4. Mathieu Pelletier - F - BCS - NB
5. Justin Gendron - F - Moncton - NB
*6. Cam Henderson - F - Mt St Charles - NS
7. Noah Ryan - F - KV - NB
8. Brad Nadeau - F - Northwest - NB
9. Luke Patterson - F - Moncton - NB
10. Matteo Rotondi - D - St Johns - NL
11. Jack Flanagan - G - KV - NB
12. Luke Coughlin - D - Central - PEI
13. Cole Burbidge - F - Valley - NS
*14. Will Allen - F - BCS - NS
15. Micheal Strapp - F - St Johns - NL
16. Carter Richardson - G - Dartmouth - NS
17. Dylan Mackinnon - D - Dieppe - NB
18 .Tully Grant - F - Novas - NS
19. Nathan Mossey - D - Central - PEI
20. JP Boudreau - D - Dieppe - NB

HM : *J. Plandowski - F - NS, C.MacDonald - F - Eastern , B. Arsenault - F - Central , J.Todd - F - ACA ,*K. Thompson - G - OHA,

* - Player is currently playing out of province

Enjoy, Please don't take anything out of context, just simply a list from myself (A scout) that will obviously change as season progresses and I know all these kids are very talented players and will be fun to watch them progress over the next few years

Reactions: Rocket18

2005 prospect scout

Dec 10, 2019
Who are the best prospect from Quebec? (Typhon-Cyclone)
I heard about some of them but I would like to have more information please

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
I have been impressed with Brett Arsenault this season almost more then Squires, also Mossey hasn't received much credit yet this year due to so many good players on his team but glad to see him there. Gendron out of Moncton has been impressive from what I have seen. Be interesting to see how things change once they enter major midget

Here is my top 20 so far from just the Maritimes, as I don't see enough quebec players.

HM : *J. Plandowski - F - NS, C.MacDonald - F - Eastern , B. Arsenault - F - Central , J.Todd - F - ACA ,*K. Thompson - G - OHA,

Enjoy, Please don't take anything out of context, just simply a list from myself (A scout) that will obviously change as season progresses and I know all these kids are very talented players and will be fun to watch them progress over the next few years

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Nice list! Anxious to see the NFLD guys at Ice Jam.
One correction, Allen is from NB and he is at OHA, would not be surprised to see him back in Moncton trying to make the Flyers next season
No Jack Martin I see. This kid is good, His stock will continue to rise.
Pilgram Edwards, is be injured again? Always like that kid.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Yes, Pilgrim is a very good player, just so many players are having great starts to the season and with him being injured, only playing 6-7 games so far this year it is hard to put him up there right now. He will rise as the season goes on for sure!

Honestly Martin is very good, really came down to numbers but he is also right there as a top 5-6 dman in atlantic canada.

Arsenault is having a great year, but look at most of his points , they are either passing to squires or getting a pass from squires. Not taking anything away from him at all! Great power behind his shot, smooth skater, I have watched PEI teams play quite a bit recently actually and his hockey IQ can improve, as well as moving the puck more often/ quicker. Disclaimer a game I was at (probably 2 weeks ago now?) He ended up having 5 points and I think he was actually only in on one maybe two of the goals... Not sure if it is a ref mistake or if the player is telling the ref... It is becoming more of a problem in our game I find.

NFLD has some players that I like and they play the game hard, just hard for me to see them as much as I travel mostly through NB, NS and just don't get to see NFLD teams as much. Nothing against them at all! Noah King is a kid who I have heard is having a great start to his season and is on the rise.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Also just as a scout for over 15 years now, I rarely ever look at a players "stats" and base my own analysis on that. Points are really no indication of how good a player is or more importantly how good he will be/can be years from now. It can give you an idea and can justify reasonings but don't ever count a kid out because "oh he has only 4 goals this season, he won't get drafted, he isn't good".
Food for thought haha

Hockeywatcher01

Dec 6, 2017
Also just as a scout for over 15 years now, I rarely ever look at a players "stats" and base my own analysis on that. Points are really no indication of how good a player is or more importantly how good he will be/can be years from now. It can give you an idea and can justify reasonings but don't ever count a kid out because "oh he has only 4 goals this season, he won't get drafted, he isn't good".
Food for thought haha
Glad to hear you disregard stats on players because in the NL Midget, Bantam and Pee Wee AAA leagues the goals and assists given by the referees is brutal. Most goals are unassisted because refs to lazy to do their job, goals and assists given to players not even on the ice, we even had points given to players not even on the game sheet. Very inconstant and when brought up to the league they say once the referee signs the sheet no changes can be made and the stats don't mean anything anyway but there are awards based on the stats, now figure that out.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I concur..Stats should be removed from Bantam AAA altogether...all 4 provinces have issues in this regard. GTHL removed stats several years ago and they seem to be doing just fine at producing talent. Too many week Teams where stats get inflated and are rarely accurate.
R U making the players around you better? That’s is key ...although there are parts of Squires game I do not agree with, he makes guys around him better every shift. You will see these players succeed at Major Midget when the power game they have in Bantam is no longer relevant.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015

Great list! What about Nolan Fowler?

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
He is a guy who is up and coming, still has to learn to play at a high level and against stiff competiton but has a natural goal scoring touch and is on a team that scores a lot! Preston Lounsbury is another player who is one to watch, has developed incredibly over the last 12 months!

2005 prospect scout

Dec 10, 2019
After the first tournament of the season, where i could see a lot of good game
here is my all-star team of the TIBS.

Forward
Justin Boiselle (Grenadier)
Mathis Ouellet (Citadelle)
Vincent Gauthier (Grenadier)
Loic Goyette (Patriotes)
Ethan Gauthier (Cascades)
Christopher Talbot (Intrépides)
Maxime Coursol (Select du Nord)
Mathieu Cataford (Dynamiques)
Eli Baillargeon (Harfang)
Evans Courtois (Cascades)

Def
Jesse Carriere (Grenadier)
Thomas Hebert (Grenadier)
Nathan Grenier (Typhon)
Marc-Olivier Beaudry (Dynamiques)
Mathis Laurent (Patriotes)
Alexis Jacques (Estacades)
Nicolas Bilodeau (Intrépides)

G
Xavier Sareault (Grenadier)
Olivier Brideau (Intrépides)
Edouar Nault (CF)

Who are the best from the typhon and the cyclone?
I heard good words of those teams but can you tell me who are the best player please

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Some good talent, almost can't wait to seem them play in Midget. I think rinkratt's list is good. I'd not change much on it aside from the value placed on IQ versus physical at this time which would change the order a bit. I think the tide is changing on a few of the physically advantaged/mature kids aside from Peddle as other previously smaller kids are catching up physically.I think Lounsbury should be in there and maybe in 2 years could be in the top 10.

Reactions: rinkrattt111

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
My 2021 QMJHL Draft Projections | 1st Round | Probably way wrong on many placements.

#Original OwnerCurrent OwnerNotes
1stHalifaxSaint JohnOstap Safin Trade 2018-19
2ndMonctonHalifaxBenoit-Olivier Groulx Trade 2019-20
3rdGatineauGatineau
4thBathurstBathurst
5thRimouskiQuebecAndrew Coxhead Trade 2019-20
6thCape BretonCape Breton
7thBlainvilleBlainville
8thBaie ComeauBaie Comeau
9thQuebecQuebec
10thVictoriavilleVictoriaville
11thChicoutimiChicoutimi