2021 QMJHL Draft

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Can anyone comment on the status of Luke Patterson, I noticed on Twitter last week , where he looked to be with the Eagles, but I don't see him listed on their roster. NB/PEI league is starting up this week, Moncton Flyers will have a hole in the line-up if he has been a late call up.

I think he is supposed to finish the year with the Eagles.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He was in the line-up for the Moncton Flyers on the weekend, so it looks like he is back in U18 for the balance of the season.

4 goals too, not too bad.

Yeah, I think the acquisitions of Savoie, McCluskey, Ouellet and Repcik changed the initial plan that he would finish the year up.

I think it's a good thing he goes back to Midget for now where he can dominate.

HockeyScout2

Feb 26, 2022
Truly, you must be joking about the In-Stat and that it shows who makes mistakes. You are still reaching. Furthermore, the +/- stat in hockey is the still valued and important column in the game of HOCKEY today and you want to throw it out. Please your stock of hockey knowledge is what's getting thrown out...

Hey bud If you are Max sentner, family member, his friend or probably his dad. and especially if you don't know the kid you need to stop acting like this on forms calling other prospects out and just pumping Max sentners tires because.

1. make Mr Sentner look really bad cause there's scouts every where HF boards/reddit and they see you acting the fool and don't like it
2. stop dissing QMJHL players when you probably play play 11pm pick up hockey
3. by pumping a guys tieres while calling other guys shit you make Max sentner look like a clown
4. Now scouts like myself wont look at the kid cause we think he is a bad guy
5. Bud is a goon in midget and probably wont make it in the QMJHL

if you are the kid (you most likely are) fix yo EP it looks dust and start acting better online(same for if you are a rando internet clown)

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
As we approach the 2022 Draft, I can't help but reflect on last years crop and how important the next 2 months are for many of these kids. Those who were drafted last year will directly effected by the 2022 draft in one way or another. Where do you think these players will end up come Sept 15th.... respective Q teams, traded, Junior A? Is there anyone beyond mid 5th round that could crack a Q roster? There were 31 Atlantic born players from the 2020 draft in the Q last season and 3-4 others played games....that's a solid #. Alexis Daniel, drafted 11th round 201 overall played a big role on the Moncton Wildcats. Who;s the next Daniel.

Nova Scotia
Cole Burbidge - drafted by STJ
Jake Todd - drafted by CHI
Luke McPhee - drafted by MON
Carter Richardson - drafted by GAT
Malcolm Green - drafted by BAT

PEI
Harry Clements - drafted by BAT
Jude Campbell -drafted by RIM
Brett Arsenault - drafted by CHA
Jonah MacDonald - drafted by QUE

New Brunswick
Mathieu Pelletier -drafted by RYN
Jack Martin - drafted by HAL
Anton Topilny - drafted by CHA
Luke Patterson - drafted by CAP
Preston Lounsbury - drafted by MON
Will Allen - drafted by CHI
Phillipe Collette - drafted by BAT

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
As we approach the 2022 Draft, I can't help but reflect on last years crop and how important the next 2 months are for many of these kids. Those who were drafted last year will directly effected by the 2022 draft in one way or another. Where do you think these players will end up come Sept 15th.... respective Q teams, traded, Junior A? Is there anyone beyond mid 5th round that could crack a Q roster? There were 31 Atlantic born players from the 2020 draft in the Q last season and 3-4 others played games....that's a solid #. Alexis Daniel, drafted 11th round 201 overall played a big role on the Moncton Wildcats. Who;s the next Daniel.

Nova Scotia
Cole Burbidge - drafted by STJ
Jake Todd - drafted by CHI
Luke McPhee - drafted by MON
Carter Richardson - drafted by GAT
Malcolm Green - drafted by BAT

PEI
Harry Clements - drafted by BAT
Jude Campbell -drafted by RIM
Brett Arsenault - drafted by CHA
Jonah MacDonald - drafted by QUE

New Brunswick
Mathieu Pelletier -drafted by RYN
Jack Martin - drafted by HAL
Anton Topilny - drafted by CHA
Luke Patterson - drafted by CAP
Preston Lounsbury - drafted by MON
Will Allen - drafted by CHI
Phillipe Collette - drafted by BAT

Of these players, here is how I see it :

Locks to play in the Q next season:
- Cole Burbidge
- Luke Patterson
- Preston Lounsbury

Extremely likely (95% +) to play :
- Philippe Collette
- Jack Martin
- Harry Clements
- Anton Topilnyckij

The others will all likely fight for a spot but are in teams that may not have many spots open in my opinion. It's going to depend on their camps I guess.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Of these players, here is how I see it :

Locks to play in the Q next season:
- Cole Burbidge
- Luke Patterson
- Preston Lounsbury

Extremely likely (95% +) to play :
- Philippe Collette
- Jack Martin
- Harry Clements
- Anton Topilnyckij

The others will all likely fight for a spot but are in teams that may not have many spots open in my opinion. It's going to depend on their camps I guess.
I would agree with you, Arsenault likely well positioned given the rebuild in Charlottetown and their limited picks. The others are likely competing with 18 year old 04's that are close to making the jump as well (Jelley, MacPhee, McCrae, Mercer all come to mind).

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
I saw Macphee in the showcase at the beginning of June in Cole harbour. I believe he was just back a few weeks from an injury and he looked in decent shape and had improved his agility I thought. He has been so hard to predict over the years but could have an outside chance depending on how they see his gameplay decisions.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I saw Macphee in the showcase at the beginning of June in Cole harbour. I believe he was just back a few weeks from an injury and he looked in decent shape and had improved his agility I thought. He has been so hard to predict over the years but could have an outside chance depending on how they see his gameplay decisions.
The only thing is that Moncton will likely slot in Lounsbury and Baillargeon already so it could be hard to get him in the line-up.

Reactions: HKYEAST

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
The only thing is that Moncton will likely slot in Lounsbury and Baillargeon already so it could be hard to get him in the line-up.
Moncton would have to stay really quiet at the trading period , including free agency for McPhee to gain a spot, Lounsbury/Baillargeon are locks in my opinion. The Wildcats likely have some moves up their sleeve, they will want to get better quickly given the comp within the division.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Not saying Green is going to be great, but I'd be very surprised to see him go later than round 3 in the draft. And that's not me loving Green, that's just what happens when you're 6'3 and have skill, you get drafted early. Normandaeu and Foster will be picked late in the draft.

Sometimes, you have good players with limited size, and you love their hockey sense and think they're better hockey players than bigger, more hyped players. For instance, I probably think Jake Todd is a better hockey player than Peddle if you base your evaluation purely on hockey sense and skill, but Peddle will go top 10 and Todd will go round 3. That's how it is. Teams draft projectable players, and size is a great factor in that. Green could probably step up in the Q at 16 and be okayish, because he has the physical assets to do so. Normandeau may never play.
18 months later, how do you evaluate Green and Todd progression? None of them were given the chance to play a few games in the QMJHL. If you see them play in the Q, in which role do you see them? They were both drafted in a team that will be on a rebuilding mode next year.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
18 months later, how do you evaluate Green and Todd progression? None of them were given the chance to play a few games in the QMJHL. If you see them play in the Q, in which role do you see them? They were both drafted in a team that will be on a rebuilding mode next year.

I still see Green as a guy that could ''play'' in the Q, but he's been looking at the NCAA from what I've heard. To me, he was better at 15 than at 16 however to be honest, and I think if he wants to play in the Q he'll be fighting for a spot with other similar players that are rounds 3-4 value as well.

As for Todd, I still think he is very skilled and has good hockey sense, but he still isn't very projectable at the Q level in the short term. He will have a lot of competition for a spot in Chicoutimi this year, and I would not be surprised to see him traded to a team with more open spots. He's a bit like Huggan in that he clearly is a good player, but is he good enough to be a top 6 guy, and is he going to be effective in a lesser role?

I would not have any of the two penciled into the Q but I think both have a real shot to make it as well.

Reactions: Prospect Tracker

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I still see Green as a guy that could ''play'' in the Q, but he's been looking at the NCAA from what I've heard. To me, he was better at 15 than at 16 however to be honest, and I think if he wants to play in the Q he'll be fighting for a spot with other similar players that are rounds 3-4 value as well.

As for Todd, I still think he is very skilled and has good hockey sense, but he still isn't very projectable at the Q level in the short term. He will have a lot of competition for a spot in Chicoutimi this year, and I would not be surprised to see him traded to a team with more open spots. He's a bit like Huggan in that he clearly is a good player, but is he good enough to be a top 6 guy, and is he going to be effective in a lesser role?

I would not have any of the two penciled into the Q but I think both have a real shot to make it as well.
Green will be in tough to make Bathurst this year, assuming he reports to camp. IF the NCAA is where is wants to go...well it's no easier down there. He can be dominate when he is moving his feet, just some nights he has a tendency to not compete has hard. He has size and great shot...the next step in my opionon is 100% up to how bad he wants it.
Todd is a solid player, but if he wants to play in the Q, like Wintersun stated, he will have accept a role much different then one he played for the past 2 seasons. Can he or is he willing to do that? His brother seemed to embrace the role with the Islanders this past season and will likely get the chance to play a bigger role next year. Just my opinion, but CH has a tendency to promise players the world in order to get them to report and then never hold them accountable..not a great recipe for making the jump to the Q.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Does Q league scouting have something wrong?
Bradly Nadeau was drafted in R7 115 by Rimouski
In NHL draft this year, Hockey Prospect list him as #21. No other prospects from Q league are listed in top 32.
1669926450563.png
Bradly Nadeau at eliteprospects.com

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
In NHL draft this year, Hockey Prospect list him as #21. No other prospects from Q league are listed in top 32.
View attachment 615587 Bradly Nadeau at eliteprospects.com

Nadeau was a clear cut first rounder for the Q if he didn't plan to go US so it's not as bad as it looks.

That said, I don't think the view that he is better than Gauthier and Cataford is shared by everyone anyways.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
View attachment 615587 Bradly Nadeau at eliteprospects.com
NCAA aspirations obviously allowed him to go that low since he won’t ever report.

Same thing will happen to Zachary Morin this year also - he would have probably wen‘t #1 but because of his plans to go NCAA - he won‘t be drafted until after the first.

The QMJHL has a real problem on their hands in my opinion. They‘re clearly lacking behind the WHL and OHL in regards to developing, and retaining talent.

Look at this years NHL draft propects - only Ethan Gauthier is a slam dunk first round pick. i digress though. It‘s just something that is sad to see.

Reactions: TJHKY

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Nadeau was a clear cut first rounder for the Q if he didn't plan to go US so it's not as bad as it looks.

That said, I don't think the view that he is better than Gauthier and Cataford is shared by everyone anyways.
Qmjhl cannot keep best kids and develop them. This is real problem now.

NCAA aspirations obviously allowed him to go that low since he won’t ever report.

Same thing will happen to Zachary Morin this year also - he would have probably wen‘t #1 but because of his plans to go NCAA - he won‘t be drafted until after the first.

The QMJHL has a real problem on their hands in my opinion. They‘re clearly lacking behind the WHL and OHL in regards to developing, and retaining talent.

Look at this years NHL draft propects - only Ethan Gauthier is a slam dunk first round pick. i digress though. It‘s just something that is sad to see.
Sad to see Q league getting down year after year

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020

I would agree, exceptional talent however playing on such a deep team in a Jr A league his production gets inflated significantly playing weaker opponents every night.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Should be interesting to see how many of the top prospects from this Draft class get shuffled around during the upcoming trade period. The Top 3 in picks in Gauthier, Peddle and Collard could all move along with a few others from early rounds.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Nadeau is a exceptional talent. That said, seems like a red flag for the Q based on the results this year. Junior A talent getting taken before a single Q player??

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Nadeau is from NB. So that is said BCHL gets more development than Q this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00