2021 QMJHL Draft

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Very early, but last year the 2020 QMJHL Draft thread was started in March, so I thought I might as well start it off with some of the guys that have really stood out to me this season.

- Etienne Morin (Grenadiers BAAA) : Very impressive defender with crazy poise with the puck. Has a similar poise and calm quality with the puck as Guevin this season, but with some Poirier offensive game breaking qualities. Good defender as well.

- Isaac Fecteau (Seminaire St-Joseph M16) : Big defender with great skating, high-end talent, great shot, full package has everything you want in a top player.

- Christiano Spadafora (National BAAA) : Very skilled forward with high-end vision and hands. He's a complete and smart player who is very gifted offensively, worried about his size for the next levels, but his skill level is so high that he's one of those guys that should be good anyway.

- Mathieu Wener (College Francais BAAA) : Small defender who plays a very physical game and understands the game at a great level. Very talented offensively, hockey IQ is off the charts. Worry is size with him, or else I think I'd have him at the top of my list. Already captain of his weak BAAA team.

- Matis Ouellette (Rouyn-Noranda BAAA) : Highly skilled forward with great speed and smarts. Has the size and complete game needed for the next levels. He's a guy that plays a bit like Tristan Roy but is probably just a better prospect overall.

- Mathieu Cataford (CCL BAAA) : Big center who plays a very gritty game and goes to the dirty areas. Is a smart playmaker who can do it all on the ice. Needs to work on his speed a little bit.

- Evan Courtois (Cascades BAAA) : Big two-way center with goal scoring ability. There is no clear weakness with this guy, could work on his speed a little bit, but has the makings of a Nathan Gaucher level prospect.

I really like Lauzon (CFRS), Carriere (Grenadiers), Beaudry and Minville (CCL) on defense, as well as Grenier from Quebec who is a great puck mover.

Offensively, Talbot from Outaouais has scoring instincts, Goyette from Laval is rounding out his game really well, Baril from Noir et Or has great speed and playmaking abilities, Boisselle and Gauthier from Grenadiers look great too.

Overall, I'd say CCL with Cataford, Wener, Lauzon, Beaudry and Minville as well as Lacroix-Goulet in net have one hell of a future, plus my underdog Alexandre Blais (although very small),same can be said with Chateauguay with Morin, Carriere, Gauthier and Boisselle, and even more guys that do well in BAAA right now.

Vince Elie is another guy who has improved massively over the season with Montreal.

Any other guys that have stood out to anyone?

Last edited:

Bob5566

Mar 8, 2019
I really like Gerry Watson, Christiano Spadafora, Etienne Morin, Mathieu Cataford, Jesse Carriere, Elijah Thompson stats are not their but he plays on a bad team, Mathieu Wener plays on a bad team too and Christopher Talbot

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Not too many huge names in the NSMBHL so far. Here’s some, all of them need to grow in height and weight though.

Tyler James Peddle at eliteprospects.com

Malcolm Green at eliteprospects.com

Luke MacPhee at eliteprospects.com

Luke would be top 05 out of NS, Peddle very high upside, as well as Cam Henderson from the Valley, not many huge names though i agree, NB would have Nadeau and Pelletier from northWest Bulls who have high upsides, Patterson from Moncton and Noah Ryan is another 'under the radar' player to keep an eye on. PEI would have probably the most in Brett Arsenault, Jonah MacDonald and obviously Squires who is my opinion best 05 in region and then Luke Coughlin and Harry Clements on the back end are two stand outs, Keifer Thompson is IMO best 2005 goalie in the maritimes. I don't see enough from NFLD to comment much but I do know Strapp and Wagner are both big strong forwards who are having good rookie years.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
For anyone watching the Major Bantam Atlantics this year. From the PEI based team for this draft watch out for B. Arsenault and L. Coughlin. Was very impressed with them down the stretch.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Cam Squires from PEI I think will Challenge for the number 1 spot in the draft. Lead Bantam in scoring as a 13 year old...dominated the Atlantic Challenge Cup as an underager which underagers usually do not play up.

GP G A PTS
30 32 35 67

Last edited:
Reactions: rinkrattt111

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
A lot of high prospects will be on display next weekend at the Major Bantam Atlantics hosted by the Gulls. Will be a great tournament which features a lot of the Top 04 players (Carruthers, Vos, Abbass, Furlong, Newcombe, Savoie, and goalies Howatt and Harvey) and an early look at a few top 05 guys (Squires, Plandowski, Coughlin and Rotondi) It is unfortunate they have both Bantam and Midget atlantics on the same weekend, seems like a missed opportunity for extra bodies in the seats.

mrMatthews

Oct 6, 2019
Very early, but last year the 2020 QMJHL Draft thread was started in March, so I thought I might as well start it off with some of the guys that have really stood out to me this season.

- Etienne Morin (Grenadiers BAAA) : Very impressive defender with crazy poise with the puck. Has a similar poise and calm quality with the puck as Guevin this season, but with some Poirier offensive game breaking qualities. Good defender as well.

- Isaac Fecteau (Seminaire St-Joseph M16) : Big defender with great skating, high-end talent, great shot, full package has everything you want in a top player.

- Christiano Spadafora (National BAAA) : Very skilled forward with high-end vision and hands. He's a complete and smart player who is very gifted offensively, worried about his size for the next levels, but his skill level is so high that he's one of those guys that should be good anyway.

- Mathieu Wener (College Francais BAAA) : Small defender who plays a very physical game and understands the game at a great level. Very talented offensively, hockey IQ is off the charts. Worry is size with him, or else I think I'd have him at the top of my list. Already captain of his weak BAAA team.

- Matis Ouellette (Rouyn-Noranda BAAA) : Highly skilled forward with great speed and smarts. Has the size and complete game needed for the next levels. He's a guy that plays a bit like Tristan Roy but is probably just a better prospect overall.

- Mathieu Cataford (CCL BAAA) : Big center who plays a very gritty game and goes to the dirty areas. Is a smart playmaker who can do it all on the ice. Needs to work on his speed a little bit.

- Evan Courtois (Cascades BAAA) : Big two-way center with goal scoring ability. There is no clear weakness with this guy, could work on his speed a little bit, but has the makings of a Nathan Gaucher level prospect.

I really like Lauzon (CFRS), Carriere (Grenadiers), Beaudry and Minville (CCL) on defense, as well as Grenier from Quebec who is a great puck mover.

Offensively, Talbot from Outaouais has scoring instincts, Goyette from Laval is rounding out his game really well, Baril from Noir et Or has great speed and playmaking abilities, Boisselle and Gauthier from Grenadiers look great too.

Overall, I'd say CCL with Cataford, Wener, Lauzon, Beaudry and Minville as well as Lacroix-Goulet in net have one hell of a future, plus my underdog Alexandre Blais (although very small),same can be said with Chateauguay with Morin, Carriere, Gauthier and Boisselle, and even more guys that do well in BAAA right now.

Vince Elie is another guy who has improved massively over the season with Montreal.

Any other guys that have stood out to anyone?

HockeyFanCB

May 14, 2019
I saw Cam Squires this summer at the Montreal Meltdown, he played with RedHawk Canada. I don't think he's on top 3 player with what i've seen.
I will put him more in a top 10 forwards at this tournaments. But he stay an excellent player.

HockeyNB77

Hockey77
Oct 11, 2019
Luke would be top 05 out of NS, Peddle very high upside, as well as Cam Henderson from the Valley, not many huge names though i agree, NB would have Nadeau and Pelletier from northWest Bulls who have high upsides, Patterson from Moncton and Noah Ryan is another 'under the radar' player to keep an eye on. PEI would have probably the most in Brett Arsenault, Jonah MacDonald and obviously Squires who is my opinion best 05 in region and then Luke Coughlin and Harry Clements on the back end are two stand outs, Keifer Thompson is IMO best 2005 goalie in the maritimes. I don't see enough from NFLD to comment much but I do know Strapp and Wagner are both big strong forwards who are having good rookie years.

Hi, i see you scout the maritime Atlantics but i have a question for you guys.
There's a 2005 goalie Kaylan Levesque from NB and he plays with the mount academy this year and he’s one of the top goalies for his age. There’s Thompson from PEI thats rated as top goalie but it just happened i seen a game OHA where thompson is at vs mount and Levesque just over dominated the game with 66 shots and 6 goals while Thompson finished with 22 shots and 3 goals.
My opinion is Levesque should be the guy to watch for in the upcoming years.
Levesque played high school hockey last season he has the speed the vision the technique and dedication already at that age playing higher level.
Sounds he was suppose to be on the NB team but goalie coach that’s there (pye) had his 2 goalies chosen before tryouts started so not really correct cause he dominated all goalies there with 2 games played and only 1 goal against. Played vs Nadeau and will smith and other top players and they couldn’t pass him.
But before rating players and goalies there should be a over view of many places and teams not just the Atlantics cup. (Cause there’s always that 1 player that cannot afford those programs)
Parents don't have the money to follow along the NB program, so they saved and sent Levesque off to mount academy to try to have a open door for hockey and education.
This kid played vs OHA and CIHA and he blown the crowd the players and the coaches. He was the guy everyone was talking about that weekend (last weekend of September 2019)
He finished with 118 saves in 2 games like wow!!!
12 goals.
He had no help from his team how there not as strong but they scored 4 goals in the 2 games and 3 was vs thompson.
So just for a heads up it would be good to research Kaylan Levesque and watch his games he will become the top 1 goalie in the maritimes.
This kid is just amazing he has the goalie talent to play with the bigger level.
He tried out for the northwest bulls last season and his competition was matthew parker a 2004 goalie and on the team NB, and in the 2 games Levesque he played in house games and he got both shoutouts. Parker played and had 4 goals against. The coach wanted kaylan to be part of the team, But Levesque found it to slow so thats where he did the move to play high school hockey and finished the season with a 0.910 average as a grade 8 vs grade 9-12. Wow!!! Only goalie of the team and played more then half the season in 1st place. Finished the year in 3rd and 2 points from 1st.
My opinion he will be the top goalie of maritimes to come but a big must to check him out!

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Beaucoup de joueurs des grenadiers et National a surveiller.

Grenadiers, National and Intrepide in the West. In the East, CCL + Harfangs + Noir/Or + SSF will produce their share first three rounds prospects. A couple forwards, probably first rounders, will also come out of Cascades roster.

Last edited:

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Hi, i see you scout the maritime Atlantics but i have a question for you guys.
There's a 2005 goalie Kaylan Levesque from NB and he plays with the mount academy this year and he’s one of the top goalies for his age. There’s Thompson from PEI thats rated as top goalie but it just happened i seen a game OHA where thompson is at vs mount and Levesque just over dominated the game with 66 shots and 6 goals while Thompson finished with 22 shots and 3 goals.
My opinion is Levesque should be the guy to watch for in the upcoming years.
Levesque played high school hockey last season he has the speed the vision the technique and dedication already at that age playing higher level.
Sounds he was suppose to be on the NB team but goalie coach that’s there (pye) had his 2 goalies chosen before tryouts started so not really correct cause he dominated all goalies there with 2 games played and only 1 goal against. Played vs Nadeau and will smith and other top players and they couldn’t pass him.
But before rating players and goalies there should be a over view of many places and teams not just the Atlantics cup. (Cause there’s always that 1 player that cannot afford those programs)
Parents don't have the money to follow along the NB program, so they saved and sent Levesque off to mount academy to try to have a open door for hockey and education.
This kid played vs OHA and CIHA and he blown the crowd the players and the coaches. He was the guy everyone was talking about that weekend (last weekend of September 2019)
He finished with 118 saves in 2 games like wow!!!
12 goals.
He had no help from his team how there not as strong but they scored 4 goals in the 2 games and 3 was vs thompson.
So just for a heads up it would be good to research Kaylan Levesque and watch his games he will become the top 1 goalie in the maritimes.
This kid is just amazing he has the goalie talent to play with the bigger level.
He tried out for the northwest bulls last season and his competition was matthew parker a 2004 goalie and on the team NB, and in the 2 games Levesque he played in house games and he got both shoutouts. Parker played and had 4 goals against. The coach wanted kaylan to be part of the team, But Levesque found it to slow so thats where he did the move to play high school hockey and finished the season with a 0.910 average as a grade 8 vs grade 9-12. Wow!!! Only goalie of the team and played more then half the season in 1st place. Finished the year in 3rd and 2 points from 1st.
My opinion he will be the top goalie of maritimes to come but a big must to check him out!

Where did he end up playing last year? I know Keifer very well and from what i see out of atlantic canada he probably sits at #2 right behind carter richardson out of NS but I was at the ACC over the weekend and Keifer outplayed him big time , He has always played on weak teams and its no different this year at OHA. He has a work ethic like no other and will be a top goalie come the draft. I can't comment on levesque kid as I can say i don't ive seen him play before.

Other take aways from the ACC was how deep NB 05 group is, Luke patterson stood out as a top forward as well as Lounsbury, Pelletier. MacKinnon on the backend is very mobile for a big guy. Flanagan was a rock in the nets and has developed quite well over the last 2 seasons. Luke Allen another top end guy who is playing away from NB (pelletier). The depth they had was far deeper and big reason why the won gold.

NFLD had some flashes but just didn't see anything that stood out. Strapp was a stud for them down the stretch. he brings size and skill but with improvement on skating he will take steps forward. Work ethic was high which is nice to see and they seemed to by into that rugged physical style. Well deserved bronze medal by them!

NS was a bit of a disappointment for me. Top guys like Peddle, MacPhee and Peddle were at times invincible. When the game got tough and they were down the team seemed to shut down and play individual style hockey. Henderson was good at times and plays with a swagger too. Pilgram-Edwards was good as well and Richardson in nets was very impressive, big frame, moves well.

PEI had ups and downs but i liked a lot from a few guys. Thompson in nets was great, faced a lot of rubber but you can see why he is praised. Squires was real good, highest skill level in the tournament and as he grows and matures a bit more he will only get better. Coughlin on the back end had flashes of a very mobile offence Dman but consistency was off. Jonah MacDonald had a great tournament as well, speed stands out with him.

Reactions: HockeyFanCB

HockeyNB77

Hockey77
Oct 11, 2019
Where did he end up playing last year? I know Keifer very well and from what i see out of atlantic canada he probably sits at #2 right behind carter richardson out of NS but I was at the ACC over the weekend and Keifer outplayed him big time , He has always played on weak teams and its no different this year at OHA. He has a work ethic like no other and will be a top goalie come the draft. I can't comment on levesque kid as I can say i don't ive seen him play before.

Other take aways from the ACC was how deep NB 05 group is, Luke patterson stood out as a top forward as well as Lounsbury, Pelletier. MacKinnon on the backend is very mobile for a big guy. Flanagan was a rock in the nets and has developed quite well over the last 2 seasons. Luke Allen another top end guy who is playing away from NB (pelletier). The depth they had was far deeper and big reason why the won gold.

NFLD had some flashes but just didn't see anything that stood out. Strapp was a stud for them down the stretch. he brings size and skill but with improvement on skating he will take steps forward. Work ethic was high which is nice to see and they seemed to by into that rugged physical style. Well deserved bronze medal by them!

NS was a bit of a disappointment for me. Top guys like Peddle, MacPhee and Peddle were at times invincible. When the game got tough and they were down the team seemed to shut down and play individual style hockey. Henderson was good at times and plays with a swagger too. Pilgram-Edwards was good as well and Richardson in nets was very impressive, big frame, moves well.

PEI had ups and downs but i liked a lot from a few guys. Thompson in nets was great, faced a lot of rubber but you can see why he is praised. Squires was real good, highest skill level in the tournament and as he grows and matures a bit more he will only get better. Coughlin on the back end had flashes of a very mobile offence Dman but consistency was off. Jonah MacDonald had a great tournament as well, speed stands out with him.
Sounds Levesque played high school hockey as a under age. Was nominated as 1st all star goalie by the saint john sea dogs in a tournament.
He finished with a 0.910 average as a grade 8.
Anyways he will be interesting to see and he will turn heads for sure.
plays with Mount academy this year not a very strong team in front of him put he will get rubber. he will be a new face people will talk about.
he has the size too.
Anyways if you do see him in action let me know your thoughts.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Sounds Levesque played high school hockey as a under age. Was nominated as 1st all star goalie by the saint john sea dogs in a tournament.
He finished with a 0.910 average as a grade 8.
Anyways he will be interesting to see and he will turn heads for sure.
plays with Mount academy this year not a very strong team in front of him put he will get rubber. he will be a new face people will talk about.
he has the size too.
Anyways if you do see him in action let me know your thoughts.

Are you his agent? :)

HockeyNB77

Hockey77
Oct 11, 2019
Are you his agent? :)
No unfortunately im not.
I think he’s with Allan Andrews from pei family advisor only.

Yes im a agent that started up 2 years ago here in NB and i was from Ontario but been in NB since 2 years. I seen what happened from the start of the tryouts of this young kid last year with the north west bulls and to NB tryouts When i was following along for another kid and this kid has high potential. But people are taking in favoured kids or kids with family that has money
Thats whats upsetting.
Last year he played high school hockey as a grade 8 and just dominated throughout with a 0.910 average. The year before he won provincials.
But from what i see everyone looks at just the provincial teams only.
Anyways i just wanted to through his name out there and how hes at mount Academy with a weak team in front of him he will get rubber so maybe he will get seen on how good he is. but will be good for someone to touch base with him and his school and family cause he will be turning heads im telling you.
i wish i can be his agent. but i did talk to his parents on the weekend he played vs OHA and CIHA and theres nothing signed as a agent its only a hand shake and a word of mouth from MR. Andrews as a family advisor for more there older child.
if your a agent in that area maybe you should get his info and find out where he plays and when and contact him or his family and go from there. anyways there will be more to come of Kaylan for sure.
i dont want to put down other goalies since its a hard job to do. But personally i seen Thompson and Levesque vs each other and Levesque was the talk of the weekend. And the stats of the weekend proved it also. Then the stronger team was with Thompson OHA compared to Mount.
But still early in the season. i live up towards his parents if you need a number i see them once in awhile i can ask for you when i see them if interested to talk to them and you can see him more of where else he plays. Just send me a message gladly to help a fellow agent.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
I actually know the mount quite well and I can see them play if they are in the maritimes as it seems most of the games they do play are in the US or ontario/quebec. I will certainly give him a look if i do! Love seeing kids develop especially goalies, they're hard to come by. As for the money factor, it is a tough business but playing at home with club teams is just as a benefit. For every 10 kids that go away and improve , there is another 10 who go away and decline. So all I can say is for him to get better everyday and stay focused on Hard work and being a good student. Higher up he goes the less important someones on ice skill gets him to the next level. If i get to see him, ill be in touch!

Reactions: Joey Levesque

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
No unfortunately im not.
I think he’s with Allan Andrews from pei family advisor only.

Yes im a agent that started up 2 years ago here in NB and i was from Ontario but been in NB since 2 years. I seen what happened from the start of the tryouts of this young kid last year with the north west bulls and to NB tryouts When i was following along for another kid and this kid has high potential. But people are taking in favoured kids or kids with family that has money
Thats whats upsetting.
Last year he played high school hockey as a grade 8 and just dominated throughout with a 0.910 average. The year before he won provincials.
But from what i see everyone looks at just the provincial teams only.
Anyways i just wanted to through his name out there and how hes at mount Academy with a weak team in front of him he will get rubber so maybe he will get seen on how good he is. but will be good for someone to touch base with him and his school and family cause he will be turning heads im telling you.
i wish i can be his agent. but i did talk to his parents on the weekend he played vs OHA and CIHA and theres nothing signed as a agent its only a hand shake and a word of mouth from MR. Andrews as a family advisor for more there older child.
if your a agent in that area maybe you should get his info and find out where he plays and when and contact him or his family and go from there. anyways there will be more to come of Kaylan for sure.
i dont want to put down other goalies since its a hard job to do. But personally i seen Thompson and Levesque vs each other and Levesque was the talk of the weekend. And the stats of the weekend proved it also. Then the stronger team was with Thompson OHA compared to Mount.
But still early in the season. i live up towards his parents if you need a number i see them once in awhile i can ask for you when i see them if interested to talk to them and you can see him more of where else he plays. Just send me a message gladly to help a fellow agent.

You obviously love him a lot.
We wish him the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->