Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Alternative titles:
- "I'm Ducking Bored"
- "Just Ducking Around"
- "Ducking Calls"
- "It's Free Agency! Duck and Cover!"

Or even "Bob Murray Doesn't Strike Back", if we're sticking with the Star Wars theme.

I like the "Bob Murray Doesn't Strike Back" one, lol.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
If we lost half a game according to them, we'd be a lock for the three last places in the league imho. We won't progress much, if at all, with Florida Man behind the bench and I feel as though pretty much every other team sans Buffalo, Seattle and maybe Columbus will be better anyways.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If we lost half a game according to them, we'd be a lock for the three last places in the league imho. We won't progress much, if at all, with Florida Man behind the bench and I feel as though pretty much every other team sans Buffalo, Seattle and maybe Columbus will be better anyways.
This assumes none of our kids makes any progress though, which I wouldn't bet on.

That said, this roster is still terrible and cannot seriously be the same on opening day unless bob either has fantastically failed at every opportunity to get better or actually does want to be organically bad again.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
A somewhat interesting article that sort of lines up with the eyeball test, but intuitively (and without digging into too much math because it's the offseason), it's a bit weird that summing up the Wins Added results in negative total Wins Added across the league.

Happy to have better brains figure that out though.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
A somewhat interesting article that sort of lines up with the eyeball test, but intuitively (and without digging into too much math because it's the offseason), it's a bit weird that summing up the Wins Added results in negative total Wins Added across the league.

Happy to have better brains figure that out though.
It just means there were few teams that gained but did so at the rest of the league's expense.

And a lot of teams brought in bad players.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
it just shows how some teams lost some big players. Decent article but it ignores profession from young players.

honestly our team will be better if people just stay healthy

Key players were injured or playing injured in D Lindholm, D Manson, and RW Silf. Lindholm was kept from playing after his long recovery to just let him heal completely and be ready for next season. Silf's hip injury recurred from last year and required surgery this past off-season. Rico had mental injury. That counts, right?

The youth movement took a significant step with improvements from Comtois, Lundy, and Jones. Then we also got a huge boost of talent from Zegras and Drysdale.

As others have mentioned, the team was working hard together and didn't give up. That's a good base to start with. We should expect growth from at least Comtois, Zegras, and Drysdale. Also, we got our behinds handed to us by Vegas, Colorado, St. Louis, and Minnesota eight times each last year. This year, we see Vegas only four times. We're in a weaker division this year and that could help with our youth progression.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad