Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You guys seriously want Galchenyuk? The guy who wasn’t even good enough for Ottawa?
Seriously. He’s horrible. I think this is his last chance to try to hack it and will be out of the league if he cant

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Galchenyuk seems like a poor mans Hoffman. Id take a flyer depending on who is moved but as of right now there is no room on our roster for him.
  1. Zegras
  2. MC
  3. Raks
  4. Rico
  5. Terry
  6. Getz
  7. Silf
  8. Milano
  9. Jones
  10. Steel
  11. Lundestrom
  12. Volkov
  13. Grant
  14. ND
We really need to upgrade some of those guys. I don't really think Chucky is.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
TBH I'm not sure what to think of Galchenyuk. Sounds like he's a float-and-score forward, but it doesn't seem like he's doing too well on the scoring part of that either.

It could be a renaissance for him, or it could his last stop before the KHL. Either way, I'm not sure he's the kind of youth I'd like to add.

I'm not saying he's someone we should definitely add, but i don't see him being any type of locker room cancer either. He's not really "youth" anymore either. I'd have no issue taking a flyer on him. Tatar makes the most sense, forward wise IMO.

Would you guys want to trade for Evander Kane if his gambling allegations was not true?

200w.gif

You guys seriously want Galchenyuk? The guy who wasn’t even good enough for Ottawa?

Not seeing anyone who they necessarily "want" him. More of, wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. There's a difference there. I wouldn't have any issue with this team adding someone who's more of a scorer. We had arguably the worst Powerplay in NHL history last season. Nothing should be off the table.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
One of Tatar, Donato, or Galchenyuk would be appealing imo. Galchenyuk hitting one times off Zegras’s feed on the PP could be really helpful. I still think we get winger adds through trade though.

I still think Gudbranson would be a great cheap add.

I'd like Gudbranson. That would help out our PK and lines better.

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Guds
Drysdale-Shattenkirk
Larsson​

But I don't think that's happening because Drysdale would be on his offside and we have a plethora of prospect LHD to figure out in Larsson, Guhle, Benoit, and Curran.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So Hoffman signs with Montreal, 3 years @ 4.5 million. Pretty fair deal. I feel this team is just not ready yet to go after free agents even if they are fairly cheaper or affordable . Bob missed his chance when he let RFAs like Buchnevich and Reinhart fall under the radar. Both were cheap, and they are young and fit the Ducks time-line. Hoffman, not so much.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think the plan is to get one of those top 3 prospects next season lol. Honestly it may not be the worst idea.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I want Tatar on a short term deal, overpay on AAV if it’s a year or two, who cares
I wouldn't want Tatar or any of the others out there. They're not going to be enough to win us a cup. And, they're not going to be in their prime to help when our young team is ready to challenge for a cup.

All they can do now is take up spots where our younger players can develop and add just enough fire power to hurt our draft position for next year. Do we need more Henriques or Silfverbergs?

Oct 18, 2011
Just purely speculating but I feel like our lack of action is tied to Eichel, if we get him we will probably add some bargain type UFAs, if we dont I think we're just committing to being bad, and hopefully moving out Rakell/Manson types during the season

Quackattack

Feb 2, 2019
I actually think Eakins might be a huge barrier to signing any scorers on a 1 year deal type thing — even if it’s an overpayment (we have space). The risk is that, because his systems are THAT bad, the player has deflated stats on the year. The result would be a much lower next contract. That combined with barstool not wanting to give a longer term contract to any FAs puts us at a standstill. #1moreyear !

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I actually think Eakins might be a huge barrier to signing any scorers on a 1 year deal type thing — even if it’s an overpayment (we have space). The risk is that, because his systems are THAT bad, the player has deflated stats on the year. The result would be a much lower next contract. That combined with barstool not wanting to give a longer term contract to any FAs puts us at a standstill. #1moreyear !
Can you explain a bit why you think Eakins systems are bad?

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Can you explain a bit why you think Eakins systems are bad?

Pretty sure it was mentioned multiple times before, that Eakins overthinks things way too often and kind of loses his ideal of a play style due to lack of (or simply horrible) communication with the players, who seem to tune him out quickly. As mentioned previously, Eakins' first season here was his most successful as a coach in the NHL. Let that sink in.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Pretty sure it was mentioned multiple times before, that Eakins overthinks things way too often and kind of loses his ideal of a play style due to lack of (or simply horrible) communication with the players, who seem to tune him out quickly. As mentioned previously, Eakins' first season here was his most successful as a coach in the NHL. Let that sink in.
First time I read this personally. To me it seemed that the systems were there but we lacked players who could execute. We were always in games but always came up short in the end because we didn't had talent.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What's been mentioned multiple times is that communication is Eakins's strong point. Also IMO last season was much improved over the previous ones in terms of the team consistently executing a plan/not quitting on a game. Just a very untalented team with some mistake-prone players playing key roles.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Eakins has a system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->