Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
By now, I think Eichel will be traded in a straight-up hockey trade without any futures attached. Drouin was traded for Galchenyuk, if memory serves. While Eichel clearly is the better player, it seems as though Buffalo will have to succumb to an offer like that eventually, too.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
By now, I think Eichel will be traded in a straight-up hockey trade without any futures attached. Drouin was traded for Galchenyuk, if memory serves. While Eichel clearly is the better player, it seems as though Buffalo will have to succumb to an offer like that eventually, too.

You’re getting Drouin and Domi mixed up. Drouin was traded for Sergachev which was one hell of a return for Tampa.

Sounds like Tkachuk could end up being involved in any deal, maybe in a three way trade. Could be huge.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Episode V: Bobs Hangover:

Murray, Carlyle, Bryzgalov and Boudreau wake up hungover in a alley in Newfoundland and unaware how they got there and a pile of broken barstools are next to them.

Murray looks at his phone and sees that he signed Brogan Rafferty but doesn't remember signing him.
Bryzgalov mentions that the bartender was named Brogan and he threw them out of the pub after Murray starting throwing Barstools.

Well that would explain the lack of signing anything for the NHL team.
The name of this episode should be WHERE’S MY BOB AT?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That pelech contract has to be good news for us in resigning lindholm, I know lindholm is ufa… so I expect him to go a little higher. I think 6.5 is prob pretty good

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
The Athletic did their off-season power rankings list. Buffalo beat us out for last place. Here's what they had to say:

Sean 3:37 PM
it’s the ducks, who cares

Dom 3:37 PM
absolutely terrible team did absolutely nothing this offseason to improve that.
trevor zegras is nice tho
we’re contractually obligated not to discuss them until they deserve it

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

The franchise needs to pick a lane. Perhaps it has, but that hasn’t been clearly communicated to its loyal customers. If adding to this group isn’t part of the blueprint, then lean all the way into this rebuild and let its most knowledgeable supporters know that a path toward building a “consistent playoff team” is being forged.

This has always been Murray's problem. He does not : 1) seem to have a clear, coherent strategy of what the Ducks are; and 2) articulate and communicate the plan to the stakeholders. Any effective executive of a well-run organization does this.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Maybe Murray's plan is for the Ducks to be in the running for the #1 draft pick in 2022. However, the NHL is Lucy, the NHL draft is the football and Murray is Charlie Brown.

hooper2

Aug 25, 2005
They should gun for Marner. Younger, front loaded contract. No health issues. Would cost less than Eichel.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The name of this episode should be WHERE’S MY BOB AT?
“Dude, Where’s My Bob?”

Sounds like a series that would be on the 'Hub. At least in that series, there will be transactions going on! ba-da-bump tshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tenor.gif

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
The Athletic did their off-season power rankings list. Buffalo beat us out for last place. Here's what they had to say:

Sean 3:37 PM
it’s the ducks, who cares

Dom 3:37 PM
absolutely terrible team did absolutely nothing this offseason to improve that.
trevor zegras is nice tho
we’re contractually obligated not to discuss them until they deserve it

I'd imagine this is how most people in media feel, so it's nice that someone said the quiet part out loud.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad