Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The perception of Lindholm is definitely closer to Pelech than Nurse. The fact that Hampus doesn't produce a ton of offense probably makes his contract much more palatable. Although giving him 8 years would be tough.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lindholm is twice the defensemen Nurse is..... and he's our most important and best player. Nurse is an upgraded Sbisa. His only issue is the random injuries he gets.... If he played on a team with an actual offense man he would be worth even more.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nurse is a chicken shit too, always does dirty shit and never answers the bell unless he has some type of advantage. I've seen him pull so much shit, he's a straight chicken shit.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That pelech contract has to be good news for us in resigning lindholm, I know lindholm is ufa… so I expect him to go a little higher. I think 6.5 is prob pretty good

until you see Nurse get $9.25 which is absolutely brutal. Hoping we can get him signed for closer to Pelech than Nurse but to be honest Hampus would be stupid not to aim for what Nurse got given he’s a better dman than him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lindholm is twice the defensemen Nurse is..... and he's our most important and best player. Nurse is an upgraded Sbisa. His only issue is the random injuries he gets.... If he played on a team with an actual offense man he would be worth even more.

Yeah if Nurse isn’t passing the puck to McDavid and Draisaitl every shift his point totals would be marginally higher than Hampuses and he’s nowhere close to Lindholm defensively.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I just dont get how nurse got that....

it doesn't make any sense.

I do. His names Ken Holland….

So many Oilers need to be giving a cut of their salaries to McDraisaitl. Because on other teams they aren’t putting up close to the numbers they do in Edmonton.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I do. His names Ken Holland….

So many Oilers need to be giving a cut of their salaries to McDraisaitl. Because on other teams they aren’t putting up close to the numbers they do in Edmonton.
When talking earlier in the offseason about Nurse extension with oiler fans we all agreed 5-6 was a fair range... maybe 6.5-7 if we went high.... and he comes out with 9.25... oiler fan must be a riot right now.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
What, Nick Leddy and a new 3rd string goalie aren't enough for you. LOL.

Anyway I agree it's harder to quantify than saying, here's 40 more goals, but that doesn't mean that the impact is less. It just means that people aren't good at quantifying it. People are also sort of ignoring that management has pretty clearly been trying to add a new 1C, so I don't know why there's so much crying about the plan being to do nothing if it isn't simply that the whiners are doing the peepee dance every time a shiny new toy signs somewhere else.

I think I know where you're getting this from, but I'll ask the question for the sake of not misrepresenting your point. Where are you getting this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad