Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Seattle is taking a 'wait and see' approach that is smart. Which makes them impossible to predict.
If they are playing well they will be buyers at the deadline by taking on players with salary so they give up not much assets.
If they are playing bad then they sell and take on a salary for picks and Tank for Wright/Lambert/Savoie.
They can afford to retain on guys like Eberle/Donskoi and flip them for picks/prospects.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Why am I having a sinking feeling that the two top-6 forwards that Murray has been saying he'd be acquiring for this off-season that one of them is going to be McTavish? We've been so very quiet and since we lost D Fleury because he have depth at defense in our system, I dunno who we might be dangling to acquire via trade. I'd rather go the FA route, but Murray has said he's looking at trading next week. But factor in his recent conversation with the Samueli's that winning teams nowadays are built through the draft, it's sending mixed signals of trading prospects. I'm cringing at another year of not doing much again.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It's the same song and dance with Murray each 'Free Agent Frenzy'. This team needs some top-6 talent to help the young guys. Unless some miracle coming out of his ass, I guess we will be building through the draft.

Unfortunately, I'm still 50/50 on our draft. It was a good first half, but second half seemed like a ton of reaches. I guess that was the COVID year does to the junior hockey world.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I'd be happy overpaying a UFA a bit as long as it's a short-ish deal. We need a talented guy to bridge a couple years while our young guys come into their own. Our last crop of young guys (Steel, Terry, Jones, etc) really need to look inward and find another gear too. Also hoping Comtois continues to develop, I love his game.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I'd be happy overpaying a UFA a bit as long as it's a short-ish deal. We need a talented guy to bridge a couple years while our young guys come into their own. Our last crop of young guys (Steel, Terry, Jones, etc) really need to look inward and find another gear too. Also hoping Comtois continues to develop, I love his game.
I'm hoping for the opposite. One or two UFA's doesn't win us a cup. It would just possibly hurt our draft for next year and take development minutes from our young core. I would only want an UFA if it could somehow help our youth's development.

Reactions: ShadowDuck

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
We will be quiet on the free agency front . GMBM stated he anticipates making a few moves around free agency , we’ll see if that comes into fruition. I get the sense we may still be in on Eichel, but it’s rather unlikely. I’d be stoked if we added some talent to the roster . I am opposed to trading Lindholm/Manson unless they do not want to resign. I would like to move on from Rakell and get a fat return for him retained @50% (roughly 1.8 mil) . I’d also like to add some young depth forwards , reminiscent of someone like Warren Foegle and gamble on a highly drafted underachieving player (ie Logan Brown). While I feel signing Hoffman or other snipers in fa could help the team short term , I feel the commitment and cap hit required isn’t worth it opposed to a younger top 6 fwd that we can acquire using assets from our abundance of prospects

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Is there anyone we haven’t qualified
I'm assuming Heinen won't be.

In terms of UFA, I expect the ducks to be inactive on the first few days - just like every year. The difference will likely be that this year, with the flat cap, the leftovers should be better than most years.

Oct 18, 2011
I saw a projection earlier that had us as the worst team in the west and without major forward upgrades we will be very bad again. Its getting frustrating seeing how this has been handled

It shouldve been obvious the year we lost almost 20 in a row that it was time to blow this f***ing thing up and the entire organization has been in denial I feel about the true state of the team

Oct 18, 2011
Friedman just posted a blog and thinks we are in on Eichel still but also said its expected Eichel will need some sort of surgery

Also in that article the agents were quoted as 100% wanting a trade
Adams is posturing

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tomorrow is the deadline to qualify RFAs. Not sure what time the deadline is.

Ahhh... damn, I totally forgot we got to worry about all of our RFA's first. XD, ED, RFA, and then the start of FA all within a week. I gotta be more patient with everything all happening within a week. heh

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ondrej Kase 50/50 to be non qualified, would anyone want him back as a UFA if they end up trading Rakell ?
If he plays well could always flip him at the deadline.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Friedman just posted a blog and thinks we are in on Eichel still but also said its expected Eichel will need some sort of surgery

Also in that article the agents were quoted as 100% wanting a trade
Adams is posturing

Maybe Friedman slept thru the draft and doesn't realize that 3OA is no longer available.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Would you guys rather prefer one of Wright/Lambert/Savoie & save assets or Eichel with listing some other assets from our team ?

it’s also not set in stone we will pick top 3 again but still

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Buffalo is riding into some dangerous territory. Ownership is getting involved and the most interested teams (Minnesota, new York) have fundamental issues trading for eichel in that one is in the east, which ownership doesn't want, and one has massive cap problems.

Eichel's agent for the first time said the 't' word today, so the pressure is only going to mount.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
this whole thing is fascinating. I legitimately have no idea where he'll end up because none of these teams, including the Ducks, seem like perfect landing spots. I think the only thing that's certain is Eichel's return will be very disappointing for Buffalo fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad