Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I can't see a scenario in which Mahura isn't on the roster to start the season, seeing as he's waiver eligible. I imagine him and Larsson will alternate between the press. I wouldn't mind trading Larsson though and just giving Mahura a full crack at it, and if he can't nail it down then give Rafferty and Curran opportunities as well.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Adam HenriqueRyan GetzlafRickard Rakell
Max ComtoisTrevor ZegrasTroy Terry
Sam Steel / Isac Lundestrom / Silfverberg
Max JonesDerek GrantAlexander Volkov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'd probably do something like this to protect Zegras line from tough matchups. I'd also shelter Lundestrom a bit too. Steel feels like he doesn't fit anywhere though. It's really a put up or shut up year for him and Terry.

Jones you can put on almost any line and expect forechecking and effort.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I can't see a scenario in which Mahura isn't on the roster to start the season, seeing as he's waiver eligible. I imagine him and Larsson will alternate between the press. I wouldn't mind trading Larsson though and just giving Mahura a full crack at it, and if he can't nail it down then give Rafferty and Curran opportunities as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost him on waivers.

Reactions: Saint Vitus
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Adam HenriqueRyan GetzlafRickard Rakell
Max ComtoisTrevor ZegrasTroy Terry
Sam Steel / Isac Lundestrom / Silfverberg
Max JonesDerek GrantAlexander Volkov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I'd probably do something like this to protect Zegras line from tough matchups. I'd also shelter Lundestrom a bit too. Steel feels like he doesn't fit anywhere though. It's really a put up or shut up year for him and Terry.

Jones you can put on almost any line and expect forechecking and effort.
This feels about right to me, too, for Zegras. Second line even strength/first unit power play, though he might play wing there until his faceoffs improve.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I still think Murray acquires a winger if they don't get Eichel. there are still a number of guys left in FA as well. You just can't get into next season with that group. signing a winger wouldn't put this team out of lottery range, but it would help prevent the young guys from being thrown completely to the wolves and also could be somebody to be flipped at the deadline.

Reactions: Static
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I still think Murray acquires a winger if they don't get Eichel. there are still a number of guys left in FA as well. You just can't get into next season with that group. signing a winger wouldn't put this team out of lottery range, but it would help prevent the young guys from being thrown completely to the wolves and also could be somebody to be flipped at the deadline.
Yeah I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't add some scoring beef somewhere before October.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

i fully expect him to add someone via trade from a team who needs to shed salary. I’d bet money that we trade for Zucker from Pittsburgh for Deslauriers. I just hope Murray gets multiple assets to take that contract though.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Four minutes in to the season, three defenseman will be on IR and we will be wondering why we don’t have any D. It’s the Ducks way

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
At this point I don't see a huge difference between keeping Larsson vs. bringing in Mahura.

Larsson's been lucky that we've always had injuries. Otherwise, he would have been put out on his ass ages ago.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Those of you bitching about Larsson are really going to love Mahura... I watch more gulls than anyone on here most likely he is not a nhl defensemen right now. He would get punished just like Girard did in the playoffs,way too small and gets knocked off his feet more than any defensemen I ever seen maybe. When he has the puck and space he makes great decisions but him trying to find in the nhl in front of the net would be lols.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah I understand people clamoring for Mahura because he’s not Larsson, but he’s been more or less a disaster in all his recent NHL games that I’ve seen. I don’t think he’d be any better unless he develops further, and this is from someone who was impressed with his raw ability early on in his career. His defensive awareness is pretty bad and he lacks the strength to compete against bigger players.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Defense
Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Drysdale
xxx - Shattenkirk​

I forgot who brought this up a while back, but that last spot has to be someone who can play on the PK. It's not ideal to put Drysdale or Shattenkirk there. Drysdale needs a couple more years to add a bit more weight.

LHD's: Larsson, Guhle, Curran, Benoit

Out of those four, I think Larsson and Benoit are the defensive D-men. We could use a RHD to play on the left side.

Quackattack

Feb 2, 2019
I love what Murray is doing with the team. He and Eakins are the ultimate altruists. This roster is probably historically bad. There is almost no way they finish outside of bottom 3. No doubt, both Murray and Eakins are on the block. BUT, we are one terrible season away from being completely primed for the future. Add Wright to Zegras, Comtois, Drysdale, McTavish etc. for the foreseeable future. Barstool will go down in infamy, Eakins will get canned, but their legacy will live on as Solomon and “next coach” get the credit for turning the ship around!

Reactions: Trojans86
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I love what Murray is doing with the team. He and Eakins are the ultimate altruists. This roster is probably historically bad. There is almost no way they finish outside of bottom 3. No doubt, both Murray and Eakins are on the block. BUT, we are one terrible season away from being completely primed for the future. Add Wright to Zegras, Comtois, Drysdale, McTavish etc. for the foreseeable future. Barstool will go down in infamy, Eakins will get canned, but their legacy will live on as Solomon and “next coach” get the credit for turning the ship around!

I'd actually be more surprised if they finished bottom three, barring a major shift. Buffalo is significantly worse than they were last year and Arizona looks to be absolutely terrible as well. With so many other teams taking big steps back I don't think we'd be able to keep up with those two and possibly some others like Columbus, Detroit and Ottawa.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Yeah I understand people clamoring for Mahura because he’s not Larsson, but he’s been more or less a disaster in all his recent NHL games that I’ve seen. I don’t think he’d be any better unless he develops further, and this is from someone who was impressed with his raw ability early on in his career. His defensive awareness is pretty bad and he lacks the strength to compete against bigger players.
I think it's more that Mahura is just less of a known quantity and is perceived as skilled, two things that each automatically generate excitement on HF. But Mahura in my viewings has a lot of shortcomings and he's actually had quite a few shots at the NHL and never managed to climb the depth chart. He's at risk of being passed by guys like Benoit. As opposed to Larsson, who has shown long stretches of steady play at times, something Mahura has never managed to do.

Quackattack

Feb 2, 2019
I'd actually be more surprised if they finished bottom three, barring a major shift. Buffalo is significantly worse than they were last year and Arizona looks to be absolutely terrible as well. With so many other teams taking big steps back I don't think we'd be able to keep up with those two and possibly some others like Columbus, Detroit and Ottawa.

eh, good point. We definitely need to move Gibby, Rakell, and Manson ASAP before we get a few wins at the start of the season. In Bob we trust!

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021
eh, good point. We definitely need to move Gibby, Rakell, and Manson ASAP before we get a few wins at the start of the season. In Bob we trust!

The Ducks season is going to really pivot on how bad our division/west lern conference are going to be. Going 0-8 vs kings/sharks if they were decent is a possibility, but if they are both floundering, we are going to get some random 2-1 wins in there in between 1-4 and 2-5 blowouts.

So I dont think ducks finish in the top half of the league, but they likely wont be able to compete to get as low as the bottom 5.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Bob waiting probably, so that when we have eichel. He gets a surgery, is out a large portion of the season, we draft high. And next off season we bring in the top 6 winger help to push us into the playoffs , as well as know where all the young guys will be in their careers.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Detroit is definitely leaving us in the dust this season, Ottawa, well you never know, but they seem to be trending up. Columbus is probably similar to us.

Reactions: GermanRocket7

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Detroit is definitely leaving us in the dust this season, Ottawa, well you never know, but they seem to be trending up. Columbus is probably similar to us.
I think Detroit will improve and pick 10 to 12th.
Nedeljkovoc in Net + Pius Suter + Vrana(was PPG for Detroit) + Seider + Leddy + improvement from Zadina and Veleno.
They are trending upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese