Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Earlier today stephens tweeted a John Gibson quote which was surprisingly optimistic coming from a goalie who looked so dejected at times during the season.

He’s going to have to be our rock in the locker room for us to successfully exit this rebuild.

Reactions: lwvs84

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Stolarz is the clear back up going forward.
Stolarz is the clear guy to get the first crack at it, which is fine considering guys like Dostal and OEE need to play games in the AHL for now. But while he’s looked really neat and earned enough of the organization‘s faith for it not having to sign a veteran in free agency, guys with his vita can be really volatile, so let’s just wait and see how he does.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Stolarz is the clear guy to get the first crack at it, which is fine considering guys like Dostal and OEE need to play games in the AHL for now. But while he’s looked really neat and earned enough of the organization‘s faith for it not having to sign a veteran in free agency, guys with his vita can be really volatile, so let’s just wait and see how he does.

Unless the organization is shifting its thought process and giving Gibson a lot more games off, i'm perfectly comfortable with Stolarz backing up next season. No need to throw money at one of the least of our issues.

Reactions: Vipers31

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Gibson isn't worth 2 1sts. 2 late 1sts does nothing for our current rebuild because having to wait 3+ years for someone to make the nhl doesn't help this current group. Stolarz is the clear back up going forward.

I think so too, at least for the upcoming season anyway.

Dostal and Olle share the net in San Diego, with Glass looking after them as a player/coach.

Reactions: Desert Duck

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Includes this quote from Gibson: "I love it here. I told Bob when I signed the deal [an eight-year extension in August 2018] I don't have any intention of playing anywhere else. I love it here, I love the city, I love the fans. Obviously at the same time, I want to win. So I think we've got to start taking some steps forward and trying to figure out what's needed to have that happen."

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Includes this quote from Gibson: "I love it here. I told Bob when I signed the deal [an eight-year extension in August 2018] I don't have any intention of playing anywhere else. I love it here, I love the city, I love the fans. Obviously at the same time, I want to win. So I think we've got to start taking some steps forward and trying to figure out what's needed to have that happen."

Another thing Anaheim has going for it is the area itself, Buffalo can't say the same. I'd rather live in Columbus than Buffalo, that's how boring Buffalo seems and it's quite far from a coast.

If ur not winning in Anaheim you can go to places like San Clemente in South OC on the weekend and enjoy the sunset on the beach or pier. Long after retirement Kobe Bryant was still living in Newport Beach OC and Magic Johnson lives in Dana Point OC, NBA legends prefer OC over LA.

Getting paid to play hockey and spend ur off days at the Beach is the life :)

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Rakell has accepted an invitation to play at the World Championships. So Rakell, Lundestrom, Comtois, and Henrique are all confirmed. No idea on any of our Americans yet.

Would really like to see a good tournament from Lundestrom, think it would go a long way for him to have some real positive momentum going into the summer.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Another thing Anaheim has going for it is the area itself, Buffalo can't say the same. I'd rather live in Columbus than Buffalo, that's how boring Buffalo seems and it's quite far from a coast.

Not sure if you’ve ever been to Buffalo or Columbus, but Buffalo has a lot more going for it than Columbus. Buffalo is boring is an odd stereotype IMO, the winters can suck though.
Regardless Anaheim would be #1.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Last edited:

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Not sure if you’ve ever been to Buffalo or Columbus, but Buffalo has a lot more going for it than Columbus. Buffalo is boring is an odd stereotype IMO, the winters can suck though.
I have been to both and I would rather live in Anaheim than either of them, and it is not close. That said, both Buffalo and Columbus have their charms, but you better like winter sports to live in the Buffalo area, and I am not certain if hockey players are allowed under the terms of their contract, to participate in some or all of those sports. If you are in Columbus you know that you are always going to be second fiddle to The Ohio State University (and don't forget the "The"), and that alone would drive me out of town.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I was in Buffalo a few winters ago for a tournament. Won't pretend to have explored the whole city but from what I did see, I came away wondering why it gets such a bad wrap. Didn't seem like that bad of a city at all. They have some cool outdoor rinks, including one really neat facility where there is an indoor viewing area + restaurant, but the ice pads themselves are open air.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

If not for the rule prohibiting goalies from being captains, Gibson would get my future vote. He's always seemed to have a healthy mix of competitiveness while also having fun. Seems to me that most Ducks' players recognize he's been the best player on the team for a few seasons now. And for as calm and collected as he is on camera, I'm sure he's just as good in the locker room.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If not for the rule prohibiting goalies from being captains, Gibson would get my future vote. He's always seemed to have a healthy mix of competitiveness while also having fun. Seems to me that most Ducks' players recognize he's been the best player on the team for a few seasons now. And for as calm and collected as he is on camera, I'm sure he's just as good in the locker room.

Is there a reason goalies can't be captains? I've wondered about that.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Last edited:
Reactions: lwvs84

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I was in Buffalo a few winters ago for a tournament. Won't pretend to have explored the whole city but from what I did see, I came away wondering why it gets such a bad wrap. Didn't seem like that bad of a city at all. They have some cool outdoor rinks, including one really neat facility where there is an indoor viewing area + restaurant, but the ice pads themselves are open air.
You went for hockey and that is literally all they got going there. If you aren't into hockey or looking for an escape from hockey it may be different. Idk. Never been.

What tournament?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Once had a work thing New York City and drove back to the Ottawa area after, taking the long way through Buffalo. It's actually incredible that they are both in New York State, so different but cool in their own ways. Lots of good food in both places :)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I appreciate Ricky's optimism and it's not like Buffalo players wanting the hell out, but think he is a tad too optimistic...But still good to see..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad