Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
With Getz back and not much of a market for Henrique, where are Lundestrom and Steel going to play? Imagine Zegras, Getzlaf, Henrique are top 3 up the middle.

Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Jones-Getzlaf-Volkov (Silf when he's back)
Lundestrom-Henrique-Terry
Des-Steel-Grant

That look accurate or should we expect something else?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
With Getz back and not much of a market for Henrique, where are Lundestrom and Steel going to play? Imagine Zegras, Getzlaf, Henrique are top 3 up the middle.

Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Des-Steel-Grant

Henrique would move to the wing for Lundestrom way before we'd see the opposite

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Des-Steel-Grant

I feel like Henrique moves to wing... i also kinda expect Mctavish to get a bit of a look with the big club ( dont know if i agree exactly but i expect it)

I still imagine henrique is moved at some point... maybe once free agency slows down and teams know exactly what their money looks like and their needs are

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Kinda shocked that islanders havnt gotten cizikas yet... seems like a fan favorite/coach favorite.

On that list only slightly appealing names are saad ritchie and tatar ... if they arnt getting much bites... maybe buy on em to move at deadline.

Hakanpaa id love to bring back tho

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Des-Steel-Grant

IMO, if no one is moved, I would toss Steel and Getzlaf over to the wings. Other option would be Putting Rico on Getzlafs wing

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My only hope is we see The develop Zegras line: Comtois/Zegras/Rakell - the teams best forwards all on one line to help Zegras progress.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If McTavish is given 9 games in the NHL next season how would they use him ?
Jones/McTavish/Getzlaf or McTavish/Getzlaf/Silf ?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
For what it's worth, here's is Stephen's current projection for our forwards:

Comtois-Zegras-Terry
Rakell-Lundy-Silfverberg
Henrique-Getzlaf-Jones
Steel-Grant-Volkov
It really feels like the idea is to get another high pick next year

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Bob is doing great

This is season is the time to finish dead last for #1 because they can only drop 2 spots down to #3 and this years 1/2/3 picks are absolutely incredible.
Happy if we get #3 Savoie, Very happy if we get Lambert, Extremely happy if we get Wright.

In 2023 dead last means you can drop to #3 and miss out on both Bedard & Michkov. There isn't a Savoie at #3 in 2023.

Is Savoie better than Powers/Jack Hughes ? That is what i wonder.

Oct 18, 2011
Bob needs to figure out if lindholm Rakell Manson will resign or move em…. Let gibson have a decent amount of off nights if he plays too good….

we tanking boys!
Honestly if hes not going to improve the team then it's time to bottom out and trade Manson and Rakell, and also Lindholm if he wont extend as you said.

I didnt expect big signings but Bob himself set the expectation for trades and using our capspace to gain assets and hes quickly running out of dance partners.

He is completely unable to be proactive and its setting this team up for extended bottom feeding

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly if hes not going to improve the team then it's time to bottom out and trade Manson and Rakell, and also Lindholm if he wont extend as you said.

I didnt expect big signings but Bob himself set the expectation for trades and using our capspace to gain assets and hes quickly running out of dance partners.

He is completely unable to be proactive and its setting this team up for extended bottom feeding
I think the problem is he put all his eggs into the eichel basket… and when that didnt happen there was no plan b.

And I’m guessing Buffalo kinda realize that and wanted more…. Bm is in a position where he would potentially make a desperate move and I kinda hope he doesn’t do anything else to set this franchise back more

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

What do you mean by improving the team ? A couple over priced UFAs isn't gonna make this team a cup contending team nor is completely gutting the prospect pool for 1 guy.
Won't even be a playoff team with all the holes the Ducks have.

This is a bottom feeding team and adding talent such as both Hoffman & Reinhart simply means lowering the chance at a elite prospect in 2022.

Following the Vancouver model(not great) the Ducks need one more elite prospect and then start adding more talent via UFA and trades.
2021 wasn't a great draft class and it's too early to know what we have from it.

Colorado has MacKinnon/Makar/Rantanen/Landeskog, we need a core like that and Colorado got them in the draft.

Tampa got Hedman and Stamkos via top2 picks.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Jones-Lundestrom-Silf
Henrique-Getzlaf-Terry
Des-Steel-Grant

Or switch Lunde and Getz

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I would not doubt that Getz signed here so he could stay as a Duck, then it is understood we flip him at the trade deadline to a SC Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad