Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Why would bob want Ritchie back he literally traded him for Heinen in spite of his desire to be a tough team?

Bob mentioned after he picked mctavish that he wants guys that bring their teammates to the fight. That’s not Ritchie. Ritchie is tough as nails when he’s engaged(or when someone engages him) but that’s rare af and his effort levels definitely don’t inspire his teammates to fight for every play

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Lets look at the forwards who we have signed or are RFA and will be signed for sure:
Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Rico-Lundestrom-Terry
Jones-Steel-Silf
ND-Grant-Carrick
IMO we need to move Rico and upgrade Lundestron in the top 6. We also don't quite have room for Getzlaf right now unless you bump Jones down. Move Steel to LW and put Getz as 3C. Id like to resign Rowney for the PK. This also assumes McTavish doesn't make the team. Unless BM trades some guys quick we are not signing anyone.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Lets look at the forwards who we have signed or are RFA and will be signed for sure:
Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Rico-Lundestrom-Terry
Jones-Steel-Silf
ND-Grant-Carrick
IMO we need to move Rico and upgrade Lundestron in the top 6. We also don't quite have room for Getzlaf right now unless you bump Jones down. Move Steel to LW and put Getz as 3C. Id like to resign Rowney for the PK. This also assumes McTavish doesn't make the team. Unless BM trades some guys quick we are not signing anyone.

You make room for Getzlaf by putting Steel in the AHL where he belongs. And of course, you never have your first 12 healthy at the same time.

But man as a group, it's just so awful. That's a second line, a fourth line and two AHL lines.

I look at the defense and think "OK, that's not bad." And Gibson is at worst decent and at his best there's no one better.

But you can't possibly try to be even a fringe playoff team with a forward group that bad.

Reactions: Paul4587

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Rico-Lundestrom-Terry
Jones-Steel-Silf
ND-Grant-Carrick

Holy shit, that's all awful.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I will say now, I want the Ducks to sign Hampus long term and be the next possible Captain. I don't care what anyone tells me he's our most important player. He has had some bad luck with injuries but he works his ass off in the off season and is as competitive as they come. Come to think about it that is probably why last season was so damn boring to me. He makes all the little plays no one notices and is so f***in smart defensively I love watching it.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The following players really need to show us something this season: Jones, Terry, Steel, Larsson, Lundestrom.
The only one I would disagree with is Lundestrom, in the sense that he's younger than everyone else.

If Steel and Larsson don't figure it out, we should show them the door and not feel bad about it. Terry is showing promise and needs to keep doing so.

Jones is an interesting case, because he's someone you should have in your bottom 6 - a disappointment relative to what he was drafted for, but at the very least serves a purpose. Steel and Larsson just don't bring anything good to the table, tangible or not.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I will say now, I want the Ducks to sign Hampus long term and be the next possible Captain. I don't care what anyone tells me he's our most important player. He has had some bad luck with injuries but he works his ass off in the off season and is as competitive as they come. Come to think about it that is probably why last season was so damn boring to me. He makes all the little plays no one notices and is so f***in smart defensively I love watching it.
I hope he wants to sign long term. And yeah i love all the little stuff he does, ever since his debut.
Beauchemin had his career high goals in a season playing with Lindholm, imagine what he could do for Drysdale.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I also have no problem with Cam wearing an "A". I acutally think he's a perfect assistant to be honest but in no shape way or form should he be considered for Captain of the Ducks.

Reactions: duckpuck

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Comtois-Zegras-Rakell
Rico-Lundestrom-Terry
Jones-Steel-Silf
ND-Grant-Carrick

If Bob doesn't shore up those forward lines somehow we will see the worst scoring Ducks team ever. I consider HF to be the home to a more "hardcore" style of fan that is more interested in the inner workings of the game both on and off the ice, and EVEN HERE ON HF I see a lot of Ducks fans (myself included) becoming incredibly disinterested in watching such a boring, no-offense team play. What do you think this trash on-ice product is doing to the casual fans?

This is a dark time to be a Ducks fan if Bob doesn't do something to give our up-and-coming studs some kind of support. I don't expect to compete for the cup but maybe we could try not being dead last in the league in scoring for the third time in four years?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You make room for Getzlaf by putting Steel in the AHL where he belongs. And of course, you never have your first 12 healthy at the same time.

But man as a group, it's just so awful. That's a second line, a fourth line and two AHL lines.

I look at the defense and think "OK, that's not bad." And Gibson is at worst decent and at his best there's no one better.

But you can't possibly try to be even a fringe playoff team with a forward group that bad.
Steel is not waiver exempt, he’s not going to the AHL.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If Bob doesn't shore up those forward lines somehow we will see the worst scoring Ducks team ever. I consider HF to be the home to a more "hardcore" style of fan that is more interested in the inner workings of the game both on and off the ice, and EVEN HERE ON HF I see a lot of Ducks fans (myself included) becoming incredibly disinterested in watching such a boring, no-offense team play. What do you think this trash on-ice product is doing to the casual fans?

This is a dark time to be a Ducks fan if Bob doesn't do something to give our up-and-coming studs some kind of support. I don't expect to compete for the cup but maybe we could try not being dead last in the league in scoring for the third time in four years?
Even the horrible Ottawa teams had an offense that could score goals, they just gave up too many.
They seem to develop forwards alot better.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

I think everyone agrees...if he's healthy. Key word being IF.

Reactions: mightyquack

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Then we can all chip in and get him a nice, comfortable seat in the press box.

I'm sure he'll get gifted playing time he doesn't deserve, but even on this putrid roster he's not one of the 12 best forwards

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Steel isn't better at one thing than Carrick other than maybe skating by a little bit.. I'll take carrick grit over Steel right now but I watch a lot of SD I love Sam (Carrick). Carrick is actually pretty damn good offensively. I think him and steel are pretty comparable right now.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Steel isn't better at one thing than Carrick other than maybe skating by a little bit.. I'll take carrick grit over Steel right now but I watch a lot of SD I love Sam (Carrick). Carrick is actually pretty damn good offensively. I think him and steel are pretty comparable right now.

That's pretty much the career I expect for Steel once he's done being part of the Ducks "Anyone under 25 gets a free roster spot" program. A whole lot of AHL minutes with the occasional month in the big leagues.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
How often again? 3 forwards unprotected to keep Fleury. It's 4-4-1 or 7-3-1.
Plenty more often, and rightly so. You’re only losing one asset. The decision making process comes down to losing the least important/valuable asset. If forward #5 is more valuable than defenseman #4, that’s the decision right there, and forwards #6&7 never enter the equation. We can reasonably say that Deslaurier wasn’t a driving factor, and given Seattle‘s apparent aversion to picking up salary, Silfverberg probably wasn’t going to be an overly attractive target, either. Murray might well feel differently about that, but even then, it would only change the question to whether losing Steel or Silfverg was preferable to losing Fleury.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Plenty more often, and rightly so. You’re only losing one asset. The decision making process comes down to losing the least important/valuable asset. If forward #5 is more valuable than defenseman #4, that’s the decision right there, and forwards #6&7 never enter the equation. We can reasonably say that Deslaurier wasn’t a driving factor, and given Seattle‘s apparent aversion to picking up salary, Silfverberg probably wasn’t going to be an overly attractive target, either. Murray might well feel differently about that, but even then, it would only change the question to whether losing Steel or Silfverg was preferable to losing Fleury.

I don't think we will have any trouble picking up another Fluery type upside guy in the next few days, whether via FA or trade. I saw Djoos was non-tendered, I wonder if we think about him again. Either way, I think they know guys like Steel and Jones may be a little more valuable to a team that is desperate for offense. These guys both produced at the CHL and AHL level, and are just pushing to take that next step.

Reactions: duckpuck

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I just want to say (I don't know where to put this) But this forum has been great in the last week, a lot less toxic shit than I have seen around here earlier this year. I was almost about to stop posting here until next season because it was toxic as hell..... Props to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad