Speculation: 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The one significant difference between the OHL and the rest of the CHL is that there was no OHL season. There might be more work just to get back up to speed before progression ahead. This is why I'd rather have McTavish go to the NL-A if he doesn't make the team.

A player like Othmann, selected 16th overall, might benefit more by playing with his peers than McTavish. @Hinterland gave us his insight between those two players in Olten. McTavish was just far more advanced and mature than Othmann. The production difference supports that. And since McTavish's big jump in improvement occurred away from the OHL, then maybe he should continue that route.

Good idea. Playing in a fast league on wider European ice could also help his skating. SL is also a fast league but obviously, NL is even faster. He did practice with Lugano last season but then they didn't sign him...probably because they couldn't get work papers for him. Olten had the same problem later and McTavish had to wait until he turned 18. McTavish does have a Swiss playing licence but unlike Othmann, he doesn't have a Swiss passport. That's why he couldn't play earlier. Kinda stupid but it is what it is. Also, as I mentioned, Zug acquired his B-licence from Olten last season. So two NL-teams wanted him last season. He'd have no problem to find a team if that's what he want to do.

I think he probably could play NHL but I agree that he needs to learn how to create more. He didn't really have to do much of it last season... playing with the imports in Olten, his job was to score goals...but even before that with the Petes, he was mostly just scoring goals. And while he's strong on the puck and can drive play, he really isn't a great playmaker or passer. He'll never be at NHL level but there's still room for improvement and it's easier to learn in juniors, minors or over in Europe.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So is Bob going to bring in actual forward talent or just throw Zegras to the wolves? The top priorities should be trying to protect him and JD to give them a better development path
I agree, but the plan for Drysdale should be easy. Pair him with Hampus and let him play free flowing. I don't care about winning but I do care about developing our talent... we need scoring forwards period.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sheltering Drysdale on the second pairing with Fowler is actually a good idea. Will help his development more than having the toughest matchups.
I imagine splitting up lindholm and Manson allows for the team to split up matchups a bit more and hopefully helps lindholm and Manson stay healthier this season.

I think lindholm would be the perfect security blanket for drysdale to open up his game a bit, while drysdale will ideally help lindholms offensive game open up a bit.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Lindholm Drysdale HAS to be a thing. I mean cmon.

Reactions: Arthuros

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Let Lindholm have a good partner for once... Especially if you want to re sign him. Lindholm and Drysdale compliment each other similar to
Jones-Werenski
Slavin-Hamilton
Josi-Ellis
Lindell-Klingberg

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I imagine we're going to try every pair a little bit. On paper Lindholm / Drysdale seems like it could be great. But we'll have to see it on the ice. I'd bet we'll even see a little bit of Mahura / Larsson / Guhle etc. with Drysdale at some points.

Reactions: Arthuros

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I imagine we're going to try every pair a little bit. On paper Lindholm / Drysdale seems like it could be great. But we'll have to see it on the ice. I'd bet we'll even see a little bit of Mahura / Larsson / Guhle etc. with Drysdale at some points.
Def seems like something we’d do… staple some ahl dmen to our top dmen and wonder why he’s not as good as he was his rookie season

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It seems like Lindholm-Drysdale would be a better pair on the road (where Ducks can't dictate the matchup) and Fowler-Drysdale would be better at home (so they can be given favorable matchups).

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Comtois, 1st rounder next year (Top3 procection), Terry/Henrique with retention, any prospect not named Zegras or Drysdale is still the highest I'd go for Eichel. Maybe Gibson somewhere if they want him. I'd hate to give up Comtois. He'll be a good one. Gibby too - I still think he can be elite.

Anything more significant and I think it would be detrimental to rebuilding the team. It would be amazing to watch Zegras and Eichel down the middle in the coming years. It would make the team instantly more entertaining to watch, and as a fan that's what I mostly care about, since they aren't close to building a winner anytime soon anyway.

We'll see what happens, but I doubt Eichel gets traded this summer.

Edit: Oops wrong thread. Oh well.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What is annoying is we are gonna see more Larsson esp if injuries happen but that will help the draft position at least.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
The more I think about it I wouldn’t be totally against bringing back Ritchie

I wouldn't be surprised by this if Murray is all about being big and mean again. He should be quite cheap as well so why not give him a shot. He can stand in front of the goalie on PP.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I wonder how many game misconducts Ritchie will have next season. He always picked the wrong time to take penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad