A Rockwellian Pleasantville
In my latest draft sim:

38. Prokhor Poltapov
43. Tyler Boucher
107. Josh Doan
120. Jayden Grubbe
139. Ty Murchison
171. Ivan Didkovsky

^ I’d be pretty happy if it shook out that way.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
In my latest draft sim:

38. Prokhor Poltapov
43. Tyler Boucher
107. Josh Doan
120. Jayden Grubbe
139. Ty Murchison
171. Ivan Didkovsky

^ I’d be pretty happy if it shook out that way.

I'm going to be honest and say that the only player we MUST draft is Josh Doan. We cannot have him playing for any other org.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Brandon is a good program. I would like to see us continue to draft from good programs. Our development has improved but is still not quite where it needs to be. We're definitely below average in this area. So if we can get players from good programs that are historically good at development, that should serve as a good crutch for us, until we can adequately do it ourselves.

It's like if you can't cook so you buy a premade meal where all you have to do is heat it up.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Could they not just have excluded Arizona and divided up their percentage based on the same odds? Like Buffalo would get the biggest chunk of Arizona, then Anaheim, then Seattle ... Seems a lot cleaner.
This is clearly punitive. It’s meant as a public humiliation. I have absolutely no clue why the league is being so vindictive. Everyone responsible is unemployed. Who exactly are they punishing?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'd love to say maybe the league is going to give it back and forgive us but I know that isn't happening and now I know we are about to win a top two pick.

Iloveitwinwewin

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Could they not just have excluded Arizona and divided up their percentage based on the same odds? Like Buffalo would get the biggest chunk of Arizona, then Anaheim, then Seattle ... Seems a lot cleaner.

Of course we'll win..... because as Daly indicates below it's for better balance. :laugh:
You can't because it alters the odds that Buffalo does not retain the top pick. When you rejigger the percentages held by each team, even proportionally from our would be 3.1% added to each of their original percentages, you change the odds of Buffalo not retaining the top pick from 71.2% to not retaining 73.4%.

Basically because Buffalo retains if they win or a team above 10th place wins, no matter how you redistribute the Coyotes' chances, the rest of the top 10 is going to become more likely than before to get pulled instead of Buffalo or those above 10th. I guess there technically is a function that would tell you how much to distribute to each team, but I'm not figuring that out (maybe later...).

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
There has to be a mathematical way to realign the odds? Even if there isn’t, wouldn’t the Coyote draw (whenever that is) also skew the entire thing because they have no pic?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How embarrassing for the organization. Thanks Chayka, you tit head.
Many here had Chayka top 5 GM, now, most are ready to hang him up by the balls. Chayka needed someone in the organization to answer too, that never happened, so blame the organization for being stupid. Chayka would be a valuable asset to an organization in the right capacity. What is past is past, never look in that mirror, just move forward. Hopefully our inexpensive BA, who hires our next inexpensive, inexperienced coach can lead us to the promise land. So far BA has surrounded himself with some pretty good people, so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's just math. Of course there's a way. They are either extremely lazy or they just want to torture us. I go with the latter.

We're a cautionary tale for the rest of the league. "Screw with us, and YOU WILL GET CRAWLED just like those losers out in the desert."

Reactions: RemoAZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad