Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just announced that all WJC games will be aired on NHL Network for the first time ever. Good news for you Americans.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
How many draft eligible players are playing?
I know Beniers will be prominent with USA.
I know Canada won't have any draft eligibles.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And this is relevant to the Coyotes how?
The lack of scouting for this draft will prevent anything close to a consensus outside of the top few picks. The Coyotes are going to be the 10th worst team in the league.

Maybe we end up trading OEL and/or Kuemper.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The lack of scouting for this draft will prevent anything close to a consensus outside of the top few picks. The Coyotes are going to be the 10th worst team in the league.

Maybe we end up trading OEL and/or Kuemper.
BA said he has a five year plan. That's the time frame for a complete rebuild. I think OEL and Kuemper will both be traded. Hope BA knows what he is doing, or we will be in this situation AGAIN. I guess if you are going to rebuild, now is the perfect time. We lose many old vets to UFA next year, the cap will not increase for a few years so maybe teams might have to unload so decent talent and if OEL and Kuemper have solid years we might get good value in a trade.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How many draft eligible players are playing?
I know Beniers will be prominent with USA.
I know Canada won't have any draft eligibles.

Gauthier technically but he's been passed over twice and I'm not a fan.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Lots of talk of moving the draft. I dont think it'll get moved that much due to how much it messes up player rights in the CBA.

In a year where we dont have our 1st, I selfishly want as much chaos as possible to allow talented players to slip through the cracks and we can grab someone with our 2 x 2nds.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Well Shane Doan was a notoriously late developer so there's that. It's pretty rare to draft overagers from the USHL though. And I'm tired of the Coyotes drafting on bloodlines. FA tryout will be fine.

Josh Doan was outperformed by other 16 and 17 year olds in his draft year, it's not like he was blocked by older players although some of them were very good. Interesting to see one of them was Owen Power.

For example Maccelli was a 4th round pick and he dominated the USHL in his draft year rather than a year later.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Normally, I'd loathe drafting for bloodlines.

But if we could get Josh Doan, I would absolutely love it. I don't care if the kid is a career fourth-liner. What else are we gonna do with our late picks?

The name Doan is as close to sacrosanct in Arizona hockey as anything.

Reactions: RemoAZ

rt

May 13, 2004
Normally, I'd loathe drafting for bloodlines.

But if we could get Josh Doan, I would absolutely love it. I don't care if the kid is a career fourth-liner. What else are we gonna do with our late picks?

The name Doan is as close to sacrosanct in Arizona hockey as anything.
I'd loathe reaching for bloodlines.

rt

May 13, 2004
Oscar Plandowski is solid and Charlottetown has become a really good program.
There you go. If he's a consensus 40-60 overall and we take him 55th, I'm not going to be all up in arms just because his dad is the scouting director. If anything, it just means he's had extremely good advice and coaching his whole life and will continue to benefit from it. That's fine with me. Now, if by draft day he's slipped to 70-90 in the consensus and we take him 48th, I'll be a little ticked.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

May 13, 2004
Speaking of bloodlines, Brian Boucher’s son (playing at the USNTDP and headed to BU) is supposed to be a complete monster. Big, powerful, mean, and hits to hurt. Projected 2nd rounder. Comparisons to Tom Wilson.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The Columbus pick we got for Stepan currently sits at the sixth spot in the 2nd round. And they traded Foligno and Savard yesterday for picks. So it might get even better.

Add Seattle an it is the 7th right?

NJ, Detroit and Anaheim could realistically pass them. Detroit is 5-3-2 in their last ten games, Lumbus is 2-7-1. Anaheim is 4-5-1 and even Ottawa is 4-5-1 but probably too far back pints wise. Detroit is three points behind Columbs with the same amount of games played. NJ is five points but have 4 games in hand. Anaheim is 6 points with one game in hand. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->