Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You can't because it alters the odds that Buffalo does not retain the top pick. When you rejigger the percentages held by each team, even proportionally from our would be 3.1% added to each of their original percentages, you change the odds of Buffalo not retaining the top pick from 71.2% to not retaining 73.4%.

Basically because Buffalo retains if they win or a team above 10th place wins, no matter how you redistribute the Coyotes' chances, the rest of the top 10 is going to become more likely than before to get pulled instead of Buffalo or those above 10th. I guess there technically is a function that would tell you how much to distribute to each team, but I'm not figuring that out (maybe later...).
You can because the odds ware wholly different this year. They assigned them. They easily could have assigned them a touch differently.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I have never been so sure of anything in all my life.
I really hope they do it behind closed doors and we never find out it happened.... but knowing the Coyotes luck it will happen live on national television.

rt

May 13, 2004
Pick #36 needs to be Tyler Boucher. If that happens, I'm good. Before anyone second guesses me, remember me as the guy who was screaming and having a complete fit when Brett Berard fell into our laps and we picked Mitchell Miller instead. Remember me.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can't wait til draft day when the camera points to Arizona's table at the time of the forfeited first rounder. Would be a great day to trade for Eichel to give everyone something else to talk about.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
You can because the odds ware wholly different this year. They assigned them. They easily could have assigned them a touch differently.
You're right, I made the assumption that this was the exact system they've used in the past, but of course they've changed things like they do every 3 or 4 years anyway. Also, putting Seattle in as co-3rd place makes it different from every other year as well. I don't know how they decide on the specific percentages each slot should have to win or not get surpassed. Must be based off some actuary table.

rt

May 13, 2004
You're right, I made the assumption that this was the exact system they've used in the past, but of course they've changed things like they do every 3 or 4 years anyway. Also, putting Seattle in as co-3rd place makes it different from every other year as well. I don't know how they decide on the specific percentages each slot should have to win or not get surpassed. Must be based off some actuary table.
Yep. The table is called "f*** the Coyotes and Their Stupid Fans"

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Pick #36 needs to be Tyler Boucher. If that happens, I'm good. Before anyone second guesses me, remember me as the guy who was screaming and having a complete fit when Brett Berard fell into our laps and we picked Mitchell Miller instead. Remember me.
https://thehockeywriters.com/tyler-boucher-2021-nhl-draft-prospect/

Lol. The list of improvements he needs to make includes "needs to be less tenacious".
Sounds like Bill's kind of guy.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can't wait til draft day when the camera points to Arizona's table at the time of the forfeited first rounder. Would be a great day to trade for Eichel to give everyone something else to talk about.
We made our bed, now we have to lay in it. Take the punishment and humiliation and let's move on.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
His highest ranking is 62, that I can find. Why do you have him so high?

rt

May 13, 2004
He’s #40 on the only list that matters.​

Go listen to Mike Futa on the Full 60 podcast. About how they built the Kings by focusing on organizational “culture changers”. Thankfully all of BA’s “bleed in the desert” rhetoric strikes me a as like minded, albeit a bit more dramatic.

I’m hoping we get a late first for one of our vets so we can get Zach L’Heureux late in the 1st and then get Tyler Boucher early in the 2nd.

This is how we need to build the team. I hope we sign Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow and Jamie Oleksiak and Jani Hakanpaa too. We need to add culture changers at every level and stack them on each other in layers.

Give me Rocky Thompson while we’re at it.

I absolutely hate the way this team was built by the last asshole. It’s the worst kind. It’s embarrassing. No more bro hockey. Give me the 2012 Kings or give me Bedard or Wright. LOL.

Reactions: moosemeister

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He’s #40 on the only list that matters.​

Go listen to Mike Futa on the Full 60 podcast. About how they built the Kings by focusing on organizational “culture changers”. Thankfully all of BA’s “bleed in the desert” rhetoric strikes me a as like minded, albeit a bit more dramatic.

I’m hoping we get a late first for one of our vets so we can get Zach L’Heureux late in the 1st and then get Tyler Boucher early in the 2nd.

This is how we need to build the team. I hope we sign Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow and Jamie Oleksiak and Jani Hakanpaa too. We need to add culture changers at every level and stack them on each other in layers.

Give me Rocky Thompson while we’re at it.

I absolutely hate the way this team was built by the last asshole. It’s the worst kind. It’s embarrassing. No more bro hockey. Give me the 2012 Kings or give me Bedard or Wright. LOL.
We can all sit back after the fact and criticize, but most on this board, and that includes me for sure, and probably you, liked what Chayka was doing, praising him on his trades, saying he was a top 5 GM etc. Now we have a new inexperienced GM and we are all praising him for what he is saying, you know, lip service. I'm happy we are moving on, but I wonder how long it's going to be before we give BA the Chayka treatment?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Interesting that CSS has Mctavish as the #2 North American. They don't even have Beniers as the next best North American Center. Kent Johnson takes that honour.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

May 13, 2004
Interesting that CSS has Mctavish as the #2 North American. They don't even have Beniers as the next best North American Center. Kent Johnson takes that honour.
I’d have McTavish way up there too. When was the last time a mean, talented, power-center came out of the draft? He’s got a rare combo of throwback abilities. Skating is really the only issue, right? I’m okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad