Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Kraken pick 2nd, but shouldn't it be the plural "Krakens?"

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I have an obsession about teams balancing left and right handed players. The idea of Buffalo using two 1 OA picks within a few years on big LHD chaffes me. There's no balance. It's kinda like an OCD thing.

It would feel so much better for my scrambled brain if they'd trade back and pick Brandt Clarke so that he could pair with Dahlin in the future.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have an obsession about teams balancing left and right handed players. The idea of Buffalo using two 1 OA picks within a few years on big LHD chaffes me. There's no balance. It's kinda like an OCD thing.

It would feel so much better for my scrambled brain if they'd trade back and pick Brandt Clarke so that he could pair with Dahlin in the future.
Dahlin played the right side exclusively prior to the NHL.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Are you Mike Babcock?

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Didn't watch it. You say they actually did not say Arizona, and then laughed and said they would have to do it again?

Reactions: RemoAZ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I actually would not be shocked if they went Beniers. On D i really like Clarke.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Of all the drafts to lose your first rounder, this is the one.

Everyone says so, but who knows how the players actually turns out. I suspect in a few years people will say the only thing wrong with it, was the fact it was chaotic.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Everyone says so, but who knows how the players actually turns out. I suspect in a few years people will say the only thing wrong with it, was the fact it it was chaotic.
I think there's two things wrong with this draft.
- It's chaotic, like you said. Scouts haven't seen enough to know what's what.
- There isn't an elite 1C at the top of the draft. In the 16 drafts since 2005 there have been 6 drafts with an elite 1C who was the obvious choice at 1. The 2022 and 2023 drafts will be that type and so they make 2021 seem worse.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm thinking it'll be something like the 2012 draft but not quite as pronounced. Like it'll be THICK in the middle of the first (but not necessarily where the entire top of the thing is bust-central) and then some absolutely wild steals peppered throughout the 2nd and 3rd.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Watching the USA vs Slovakia Quarter Finals and Beniers just went into the boards awkwardly... looks like he may have injured his ankle pretty badly... couldn’t put any weight on it

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
What's the ruling on guys like Brandt Clarke and Chase Stillman who are Canadian/American and played in Europe this season?

I assume their rights are as if you drafted a European based player? So for example they could go straight into the AHL?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What's the ruling on guys like Brandt Clarke and Chase Stillman who are Canadian/American and played in Europe this season?

I assume their rights are as if you drafted a European based player? So for example they could go straight into the AHL?
They would have technically been loaned by their respective leagues meaning they retain that level of eligibility. Thats my educated guess.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
With our two 2nds I want Tyler Boucher and a big RHD. For the RHD, I'm thinking Morrow, Mailloux or Schmidt are some options that I'd be excited about.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Haven't got to do much scouting this year but Benjamin Gaudreau in the second round could be a steal, depending on who's fallen I'd even debate taking him with the first 2nd.
This is coming from someone who doesn't take goalies in the first 3 rounds either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad