2021 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
MARK MY WORDS

Zachary L'Heureux will be a Montreal Canadien when comes draft day.

whether you like it or not

(If Mctavish is off the board when we pick)
I know a lot of people won't be happy if that happens, but depending on who's left, I wouldn't mind a pick like that. He's a potential Matthew Tkachuk if he learns to walk the line. He progressed really well as the season went. I prefer him to Bourgault in the Q. My preference would be McTavish (dream) or Sillinger, but I wouldn't mind L'Heureux and it has nothing to do with the language he's speaking. He's the kind of player you can't acquire via trade if he pans out.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I know a lot of people won't be happy if that happens, but depending on who's left, I wouldn't mind a pick like that. He's a potential Matthew Tkachuk if he learns to walk the line. He progressed really well as the season went. I prefer him to Bourgault in the Q. My preference would be McTavish (dream) or Sillinger, but I wouldn't mind L'Heureux and it has nothing to do with the language he's speaking. He's the kind of player you can't acquire via trade if he pans out.
We could use a player like that but DAMN his ranking is all over the map when you look at various lists...then again due to lack of scouting I bet the whole leagues lists are all over the place.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city

100% agreed!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
MARK MY WORDS

Zachary L'Heureux will be a Montreal Canadien when comes draft day.

whether you like it or not

(If Mctavish is off the board when we pick)

Timmins doesn't draft from the Q. Doesn't think it's a quality league.

Can't see Montreal drafting a Q player 1st round.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tuch is no L'Heureux. Guy can shoot and play on the edge of aggression every night. We need that.

No one really knows what Tuch is yet, he can shoot and is nasty to play against.

Look at our top forward prospects,

Ylonen
Poehling
Tuck
Mysak
Farrell
Teasdale

we badly need a shooter as CC won't be able to do it all. Anderson, Tuch, Poehling, Teasdale all have size.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
f*** Timmins. I want L'Heureux. We passed on B.Tkachuk, we need a guy like this.

Well, unless Bergevin gets fired immediately after the playoffs are done, Timmins will do the picking. No idea really who we take, but I seriously doubt it's a Q player.

Only player from Q Timmins drafted in 1st round is Beaulieu. Leblanc was drafted from USHL.

One player, and it's been, what? 15? 16 years?

We're far more likely to draft Scott Morrow (RD), who played high school prep hockey in Minnesota if we take precedent into consideration.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
No one really knows what Tuch is yet, he can shoot and is nasty to play against.

Look at our top forward prospects,

Ylonen
Poehling
Tuck
Mysak
Farrell
Teasdale

we badly need a shooter as CC won't be able to do it all. Anderson, Tuch, Poehling, Teasdale all have size.

That's why I'm all aboard the Cole Sillinger train if we have a chance to draft him.I'm assuming he would go back to Medicine Hat next season and not stay in the USHL, especially if he's not eventually going the NCAA route.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's why I'm all aboard the Cole Sillinger train if we have a chance to draft him.I'm assuming he would go back to Medicine Hat next season and not stay in the USHL, especially if he's not eventually going the NCAA route.
I'm pretty sure that's the plan, he had a very good situation there in his excellent rookie season. Plus he's essentially a prairie kid, that's where he spent most of his life, that's his home.

Last edited:

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
The talent level isn't strong this year and with the lack of games played, is this a year where trading up could actually happen? Preferably for a forward

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't like any of the Q guys where we are picking. Last year I liked Lapierre. Hopefully Guhle has the offense to be a no.2 or 3D upside, otherwise another wasted pick.

How is Sillingers skating ?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
good. While I haven't seen a lot of this class, he's the one I'm hoping for that maybe if we pick 16th he could fall to us but if not then hopefully they get another high skilled forward.

High skill , high ceiling.

Sillinger has a lot of real good qualities, including a good shot, which centres need to have. I would be excited if we landed him. I asked about the skating as I don't want that being an issue so often with our picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad