Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Get me a list of where he was rated by top analysts. I'm open to being wrong.

It won't matter where he was ranked by them in a few years. We just have to wait at this point, could have a great year in the OHL and look like a steal in a year. Nobody knows, that's the beauty of the Covid draft.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
@Satan has it right, offensive talent is sliding so we might go lotto mode in the 2nd.

Kisakov/Koivunen would make this a + in my book

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Get me a list of where he was rated by top analysts. I'm open to being wrong.

I couldn't really care less, but it's actually pretty easy to do that. Corey Pronman had him at 20 ... the scout for the Athletic. I don't always love Pronman's analysis, but he's the top draft guy for the top hockey publication.

Reactions: eartotheground

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
That is my initial type reaction.

He hasn't played much, so I'd rather use our 1st round pick on someone who they've seen play a bit in the past year.

Tufte quit the USHL so he could dominate high school (also because he sucked in the OHL). Johnston's 16yo OHL season is more impressive than anything Tufte has ever done in hockey.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
The thing that's funny about Pronman, and I actually like about him .... he values skill significantly, and he usually dunks on the Stars standard two-way, character picks.

He has Johnston as a 2nd line center. He also said this ...

He has great in-tight hands, showing the ability to beat defenders one-on-one and move pucks through small areas. Johnston can create chances under pressure and has the ability to run a power play off the flank.

I'm not excited about the pick or anything, but a rant seems a bit much.

Reactions: redbeardtx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad