Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Even more embarrassing that Hawks feature women featured.

Also, they also went off the board, elevating Stars to only 6th or 7th worst pick.

Maybe it really is just a crazy draft.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What a day

Hope tomorrow can bring some more excitement. Also hope Nill acquired this many picks with a possible trade in mind. I'll be sleeping in so I can wake up when the draft is done :)

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
That's bad logic. Don't care about other teams missing on picks

I think the point that may be going over people's heads is that there seem to be a large number of "reaches" this year. More than normal I would even say. That's pretty indicative of the weird season that just happened.

To be honest ... I'm still in shock from Montreal's pick. I thought someone would take him.

I am stunned someone had the balls to take him in the first round. I mean .... read the room. You just saw what happened with Arizona last draft. There is going to be major outrage.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Not even an hour after the pick and he's already a bust... That's bad logic.
Never said he was a bust, Said he was a reach. Who projects to be another faksa clone
I don't care what other teams do with their picks, they can reach to some f***ing highschool in mexico for all i care

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I like the Johnston pick. He came a long way in his 16-year-old year and the Stars have some good eyes on players in that part of Ontario. I’d expect they also got a really good look at the U-18 tournament. By all accounts, he’s a really smart playmaker and it seems he addressed the knock on strength this year.

I’m also not going to be too quick to criticize Montreal despite what the woke mob says. Mailloux has a lot of skill and this will bring about maturity. The Hunters will develop him. Unfortunately, there are far too many kids who don’t realize the consequences of online behaviour. It’ll be a tough go for this guy, but he could end up being a steal.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Players remaining in Bobbo's Top 32 ....

Francesco Pinelli
Nikita Chibrikov
Daniil Chayka
Logan Stankoven
Aatu Raty
Samu Tuomaala
Simon Robertsson

Dallas picks 15th and 16th in the 2nd round.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Nikita Chibrikov
Kirill Kirsanov
Aatu Raty
Samu Tuomaala
Daniil Chayka
Sasha Pastujov
Logan Stankoven
Matthew Knies

Pronman's remaining from his Top 32.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Players remaining in Bobbo's Top 32 ....

Francesco Pinelli
Nikita Chibrikov
Daniil Chayka
Logan Stankoven
Aatu Raty
Samu Tuomaala
Simon Robertsson

Dallas picks 15th and 16th in the 2nd round.

Have to suspect some of those guys will fall that far. Maybe similar to how Robertson fell in 2017 (even though that was only to 39)

Actually idk, but even if they do fall it's unlikely Nill would take them I suppose

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Sasha Pastujov
Aatu Räty
Logan Stankoven
Francesco Pinelli
Nikita Chibrikov
Samu Salminen
Simon Robertsson
Ayrton Martino
Dylan Duke

Wheeler's remaining Top 32

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Aatu Raty
Nikita Chibrikov
Francesco Pinelli
Logan Stankoven
Simon Robertsson
Samu Tuomaala

The Atheltics' Consensus Top 32 remaining.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Daniil Chayka sounds pretty interesting. Pronman says he has top pair athletic tools, but he's likely a 2nd pair guy because of lack of offense. That sounds like a pretty good partner for Heiskanen. Someone that can match his athletic ability, but will also allow him to do his thing.

Reactions: Johno

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Thought it was @trinitymorris so we could go cheer him up
Sorry I've hit that breaking point for our underwhelming 1st round pick selections.

I don't care to look back, but how many here had Johnston as someone we'd be happy with? I can't recall even one post mentioning him (in a positive light that is...
Little scared of a guy like Wyatt Johnston
)

I hope he pans out, just like Dellandrea and Bourque, but I don't have much expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->