Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
That's a hefty cost to move up. I thought you might be able to get back in the first with a 2nd and a 3rd.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I remember reading Wyatt had some crazy first half - second half splits his rookie year. Something like 2 points in his first 17 games followed by 28 in his final 36 games (which is a really good PPG for a rookie in the OHL). Guy who has grown a few inches and put on a decent amount of weight since most of his OHL tape.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seems a lot of people like him and his potential a lot so ig we just have to be patient

The more I read about him the more I am fine with it. We all get caught up in names we like but at the end of the day we won't know for another 3-5 years what happens with these kids.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This isn’t a normal draft year . We could get kisakov or stankoven in the 2nd . I’m sure there some guys the scouts are drooling over that will go in the 3rd this year .
You're right it could happen.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
He didn't play almost all last year. At BEST, he is a lottery pick.

Hopefully he turns out, but as of now, I'm disappointed.

For a very casual prospect fan, I'd take the Stars' scouting staff to town for 1st round picks. Any goober with 15 mins of research could out draft them.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
yeah we can, we only have 1 young guy anywhere near NHL level with top6 potential.
We're losing 2/5ths of our existing top 6 at the end of the year.
another of that group is coming off missing a whole season and multiple surgeries, and entering 30.
We've got Robertson, Hintz, maybe Damiani as forwards with top 6 potential
And we keep stocking up on Radek Faksa clones for some f***ing reason. Which every team needs, but not 10 of

Add Mavrik Bourque to the list. Team snagged a lot of upside lotto tickets last draft too.

I don't have an issue taking a projectable 3rd liner with offensive upside every couple years. Does it suck to reach? Absolutely. But that's mitigated by trading down and grabbing value, unlike what we did when we reached for Dellandrea.

Reactions: Zapp

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Add Mavrik Bourque to the list. Team snagged a lot of upside lotto tickets last draft too.

I don't have an issue taking a projectable 3rd liner with offensive upside every couple years. Does it suck to reach? Absolutely. But that's mitigated by trading down and grabbing value, unlike what we did when we reached for Dellandrea.

Fair enough I subscribe

Reactions: Satan

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
For a 1st round pick, he is ANOTHER reach for Stars 1st round pick.

I'm not saying other picks are gurantees, only that I'd rather take a stab at a more sensible BPA.

Only time will tell, sounds like this kid had one hell of a end to his first season in the OHL. Maybe he keeps building

I dont think this is another Tufte pick at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad