Johnson
Power
Hughes
Guenther
Clarke
Sillinger
Raty
Lysell

that would be my list. If we pick past 10th then eh.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Why does there have to be an Eklund....ugh! In all seriousness William Eklund would be my choice.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Kid from Guryanov’s neck of the woods. Was curious if anyone else has seen him play or has an opinion.

Like his work on and away from the puck. Great shot, good vision, and puts in work in his own end especially on the PK. This highlight reel doesn’t do him justice.

Reactions: Satan

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I am not a fan of Aatu Raty at all.

I trust Kari Takko 100% so if Dallas did pick the Finn I'd support it, but he doesn't seem to have the hockey sense or decision making of a guy you pick in the teens.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Based on the draft history of the guys in charge, I'd be surprised if the Dallas Stars don't pick Brennan Othmann.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Watching the U-18s right now. The 2023 draft is gonna be awesome at the top; Bedard vs Michkov might be the next generation of Crosby vs Ovi.

----

Any Finnish posters out there know much about Samu Salminen? Seems like he's projected in the second round, but he's a tall and skilled center who is scoring at will right now.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Watching the U-18s right now. The 2023 draft is gonna be awesome at the top; Bedard vs Michkov might be the next generation of Crosby vs Ovi.

----

Any Finnish posters out there know much about Samu Salminen? Seems like he's projected in the second round, but he's a tall and skilled center who is scoring at will right now.

Yeah a big center with a great shot. Has worked a lot on his two-way game last summer and this season. Needs to work on his skating if he wants to make it at the next level. Decent hands for a guy his size, the good thing is that he actually uses his size to his advantage.
Has committed to Denver for '22-23, otherwise people were thinking he could've had a cup of coffee in the KHL with Jokerit.

Reactions: Abilify

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I think Mason McTavish has the best chance to be a valuable NHL player of anyone potentially available in the early teens. His goal scoring skill-set is excellent and he's well rounded enough in other areas too. He might go off the board a couple picks ahead of ours. In that scenario, I think Corson Ceulemans would make a great pick too.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
As a second/third round pick, I really like what I saw from Olen Zellweger. Very smooth puck-moving defenceman.

Also, please do not select Jack Matier. Absolutely horrid defenceman.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'm also buying a ton of Olen Zellweger stock. One of the younger draft eligibles this year and had a great tournament. Like his chances of turning into something way more then the average non first round pick.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
What are the chances this draft turns into a '99 style debacle? This might be the first year since I've started following draft stuff that I'm very ambivalent about whether we pick 10th or 15th. There doesn't seem to be some magical talent cliff here. Just some guys who have the potential of panning out as top 6 players, but maybe not a single lock for a 1st line, top pairing type player, which is kind of crazy. In fact, I'd be surprised if we see any of them in the NHL next year.

Edit: 1999 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com In case you haven't seen the absolute carnage that was the 99 draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad